Thai girlfriend and our new born baby to visit uk AGAIN within 6 months

Hello joined the site today, I was wondering if anyone knows if my Thai girlfriend can visit the uk , she was in uk until June 26 th 2014 , she came back as she became pregnant , I'm here in Surin with her now and our 2 week old baby , we want to go back to the uk for Xmas ,but I read somewhere you can't go back to the uk as a holiday visiter with 6 months of leaving the uk ..????? Is this true as we want to do the visa asap and get back to my family for Xmas thanks

It's not correct that she cannot re-enter the UK for six months after leaving.

But she wouldn't normally be allowed to spend six months in any twelve in the UK as a visitor, whilst this is a convention and wouldn't break Immigration Rules by exceeding these limits, she would need a pretty compelling reason to do so before a visa was issued and again when entering through a UK Border.

It depends a lot on how long she spent in the UK on her last visit and how long she intends to do so on her next one at Christmas.

If this means she would, or it's possible she would, spend more than 6 months out of 12 in the UK as a visitor then, as theoldgit says, she'd need to convince the ECO, and possibly immigration on her arrival, that she has a compelling reason for so doing.

To be honest, I doubt that wanting to spend Christmas with your family would be considered such.

It's not correct that she cannot re-enter the UK for six months after leaving.

But she wouldn't normally be allowed to spend six months in any twelve in the UK as a visitor, whilst this is a convention and wouldn't break Immigration Rules by exceeding these limits, she would need a pretty compelling reason to do so before a visa was issued and again when entering through a UK Border.

thanks for the reply I think we will leave it till early next year thanks for help

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

It depends a lot on how long she spent in the UK on her last visit and how long she intends to do so on her next one at Christmas.

If this means she would, or it's possible she would, spend more than 6 months out of 12 in the UK as a visitor then, as theoldgit says, she'd need to convince the ECO, and possibly immigration on her arrival, that she has a compelling reason for so doing.

To be honest, I doubt that wanting to spend Christmas with your family would be considered such.

she got a six month visa but only stayed 4 months as she was pregnant and had to fly back by a certain date , so I think we will leave it until we can apply with no restrictions, and it was the baby we wanted to introduce to my uk family , but as you say they problem wouldn't grant a visa on those grounds anyway , thanks for reply and help

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

We are going down to pattaya next week and still want to do the Thai passport I think this will be straight forward at the office in the avenue , then we are going to go to bangkok to do the uk passport , is it easy to do and do I need to get any pixs countersigned by someone (who) ? IF you have to ?? Do we also need original birth certificates ?? Thanks again

To obtain a British passport for your child and what is required see Overseas British passport applications.

Note that you will need your long form birth certificate.

what do you mean long form form I have my original from my birtnot l?? Thanks for all your help everyone ,,,,, ps do you have to book appointment at uk passport off or can you just turn up ?? Thanks again

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas and Immigrations

International Enquiry Service.

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the

UK, nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between

successive visits. Under normal circumstances, each time when you visit you

will be granted a 6 months stay in the UK and you can apply anytime after

you have left the UK. However a frequent or regular visit is a signal that

the applicant is not a genuine visitor as you have been spending too much

time in the UK. Also there is a justifiable perception that a person who

visits the UK frequently and stays for a long time is using the visitor

programme as a prelude to settlement.

It will be therefore your responsibility to satisfy the Entry Clearance

Officer that you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for the purpose and

duration that you have stated in your application form. Please make sure

you provide all the documents when you applied for a visitor visa:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visitor-visa-guide-to-supporting-

documents

However submission of particular documents does not guarantee that your

visa will be issued. It is your decision how you satisfy the Entry

Clearance Officer that your intentions are as you state in your

application. If you are unable to proof you are a genuine visitor, there

will be a possibility that the entry will be refused.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please

refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select

appropriate country, click next and then select E-Mail form and complete

as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day. Alternatively,

you may also call us directly for any visa enquiries.

Kind regards,

Cheryl Ma

United Kingdom Visa and Immigration International Enquiry Service

We would also like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the

service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for

improvements. Thank you in advance for your time:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KW2PKWF

We want to ensure that your experience is as positive as it can be, which

includes how you contact us. On that basis, if you would be prepared to

receive a call to answer a few questions about our website and how we can

improve it, please E-Mail [email protected] with your contact details, or

alternatively click on this link and complete the survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7M9X7SR

Although the UK visit visa 'restriction' of not exceeding 6 months in any 12 is wonderfully vague, I do think that the OP has fairly good chance of getting a Christmas visit visa for his gf. Assuming that his gf spent only 4 months on her last UK visit visa and left the UK well within the 6-month period to have the child in her homeland indicates a certain degree of responsibility and compliance with the regulations. I do not see that wanting to introduce the newborn to the UK family can be seen as unusual. However, the OP's gf would need to clearly state the duration of the stay which ideally would be for 1 month arriving in December. This keeps the applicant well within the vague 6-month stipulation and if complied with could also be taken into consideration when making a subsequent UK visit visa application. Go ahead and get the childs Thai AND UK passports as soon as you can as this also indicates a degree of planning rather than a last-minute rush with passports that are a few weeks old.

Note that the best estimates for delivery of a UK passport via the Trendy Office is still about 7 weeks for an adult renewal so unsure if an infants first UK passport would take any longer. Otherwise I believe the infant will also need a UK visit visa when using the Thai passport.

Just a note on the passport office in The Avenue in Pattaya; my wife and son both renewed their Thai passports there last month. Arrived around 10:30 am mid-week and managed to get both applications submitted before 11 am. Then went and had lunch in the restaurant outside which has a monitor displaying the passport office customer number. So had lunch, then back inside in time for the photo taking and form signing. Passports showed up at the house about 5 days later.

• Like 1

I think we will try for visa and do the uk passport when I'm the U.K. I have booked an appointment for the uk visa submitle which is the 21st oct which is the earliest date they could give me , we would have to wait for that to come back them submit the visa application , so think best idea would be to do it on the uk ?!?? Thanks all

I think we will try for visa and do the uk passport when I'm the U.K. I have booked an appointment for the uk visa submitle which is the 21st oct which is the earliest date they could give me , we would have to wait for that to come back them submit the visa application , so think best idea would be to do it on the uk ?!?? Thanks all

That should work. I am planning renewing my UK passport with the same-day service when I am in the UK in November. My sons UK passport will be done via VFS at Trendy which I will probably submit next week as we don't have any family UK travel plans until after the New Year.

Good luck!

Edited by NanLaew

A couple of thoughts on this.

Firstly although the OP's wife only spent 4 months in the UK on a six month Visa, did she indicate in the visit visa application she intended to stay six months, four months or less time than that?

I have heard that that if a person states they only intend to spend a short time in the UK but stays a lot longer, the next application can be denied because of that.

Secondly, It seems a good thing to do to bring your son over to show to you family, and only right your wife accompanies you, but does this justify a 6 months stay.

If a person can stay six months in the UK, to me that indicates a "Nomadic" way of life with very little reason to return.

As the reply stated:

However a frequent or regular visit is a signal that

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

A couple of thoughts on this.

Firstly although the OP's wife only spent 4 months in the UK on a six month Visa, did she indicate in the visit visa application she intended to stay six months, four months or less time than that?

I have heard that that if a person states they only intend to spend a short time in the UK but stays a lot longer, the next application can be denied because of that.

Secondly, It seems a good thing to do to bring your son over to show to you family, and only right your wife accompanies you, but does this justify a 6 months stay.

If a person can stay six months in the UK, to me that indicates a "Nomadic" way of life with very little reason to return.

As the reply stated:

However a frequent or regular visit is a signal that

we applied first time for 6 months but she only stayed 4 months

Secondly we are only applying for 2 months this visa

And can anyone tell me if I do visa for girlfriend I have to do a separate one for daughter

Sorry for late reply , just got to Pattaya from surin Car Lol

Thanks again

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

I don't think we will have the time to do a uk passport so we are going to do it when we get back to the uk , so I will have to do separate visa applications ? Thanks again

If your daughter travels on a Thai passport then a separate visa will need to be applied for, though it can be done at the same time.

Obviously if she's travelling on a UK Passport she wont need a visa.

I don't think we will have the time to do a uk passport so we are going to do it when we get back to the uk , so I will have to do separate visa applications ? Thanks again

As theoldgit said, if she is travelling on a Thai passport she will need a visa to enter the UK.

This means a separate application and another fee.

Although you can make an appointment for her and her mother to submit their applications, have their biometrics taken etc. at the same time and use the same supporting documents for both applications.

But make sure you cross reference each application in your sponsor's letter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...