Danish tourist sexualy assaulted by Thai man in Pattaya area

Rimmer

Danish tourist raped by Thai man in Pattaya area

cassava_plantation-300x202.jpg

A young Danish tourist reported to police she was raped on September 27 by a Thai man who claimed to be a motorcycle-taxi rider in Pattaya area, according to Banglamung police records.

Accounts of the alleged crime committed by a Thai man aged between 25-30, including police sketch of his face, had first been circulated on Facebook.

Huay Yai Police in Chonburi’s Banglamung district later admitted that the crime was reported to them on September 27 evening but was not reported by the media until September 29.

According to statement given to police by the victim, the Danish woman went alone to look at a plot of land in Na Chomthien of Chonburi’s Sattahip district in late afternoon of September 27.

On her way back on foot to the main road, she was approached by a Thai man on motorcycle who offered to give her a ride back to Pattaya for a fee.

The man instead took her to a secluded cassava-growing area in Huay Yai subdistrict of Banglamung district and raped her. The reported crime took place around 6 pm.

Police gathered forensic evidence, including hair and a piece of clothing of the alleged rapist from the crime scene. They are now looking to arrest some suspects for questioning.

Source: http://scandasia.com/danish-tourist-raped-by-thai-man-in-pattaya-area/

-- ScandAsia 2014-09-30

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look...all you Thai bashers...this one incident does not make Pattaya and/or Thailand unsafe...

What is that you say...it happens often...well do not tell anyone...we would not want this kind of bad publicity getting out...

• Like 1

anything valuable ,beautiful,special ........that you like ,will also be liked by others.

It can be your gold chain,your money,your beautiful body,your lovely child ........

If "the other" has no morality (poor education and too much wrong examples around him )then

there is a big possibility it will be taken off you !

You can be killed for a 20 bht bill, after being raped,walking around with a gold chain ,.......just like that.

The more civilized people around you ,the safer .But those places are very rare since immigrations mixed

things up.

Flashing your body or money is a very dangerous thing to do ,some don't understand this simple logic.

• Like 2

Look...all you Thai bashers...this one incident does not make Pattaya and/or Thailand unsafe...

What is that you say...it happens often...well do not tell anyone...we would not want this kind of bad publicity getting out...

This one incident?

I thought there was one on Phuket reported Monday, and an incident on Koh Tao.

I heard of this on Sunday, it sounds like the girl got herself into a remote area on her own. While that in itself should not be a worry, the reality is women should be wary of accepting rides off strangers in many countries. Thailand maybe more so as bad types seem to have little fear of repercussions, I wonder why.

Let us hope this one gets put away, I am confident as important people are pushing this and I feel Pattaya Police can get their man when they mean to!

• Like 1

post was deleted

No. Thailand does not hold exclusive rights to crima against tourists.

Can happen anywhere.

I am amazed at people who have such negative genral attitudes towards Thailand and still frequent TV.

Masochism?

And how long have you lived in Thailand?

post was deleted

Can happen anywhere.

I am amazed at people who have such negative genral attitudes towards Thailand and still frequent TV.

Masochism?

Will my telling you 20 years, 10 years, 1 month or never change anything?

no of course you would not like,it may reck your work in the future, the problem is young Thai men think they can do what they like, it is time the Thai police got hard with them and give them a bloody good bashing before they charge them, because the courts let them off every time, this would make them think,

The fact is Thailand is not a First World culture and a different set of cultural rules apply.

You will find the same rules in many under-developed cultures throughout he world.

A lone woman is looked at as "opportunity".

And what is your country please, the famous "developed" country where no rape occurs...?

No. Thailand does not hold exclusive rights to crima against tourists. Can happen anywhere.

What would the answer change? Vagabond1 is right IMHO.

no off course you would like this hidden ,i can see why looking at your picture.

no off course you would like this hidden ,i can see why looking at your picture.

young thai men think they can do what they like

The fact is Thailand is not a First World culture and a different set of cultural rules apply.

You will find the same rules in many under-developed cultures throughout he world.

A lone woman is looked at as "opportunity".

And what is your country please, the famous "developed" country where no rape occurs...?

No. Thailand does not hold exclusive rights to crima against tourists. Can happen anywhere.

What would the answer change? Vagabond1 is right IMHO.

Yes they do ,but they get caught and punished,

post was deleted

Can happen anywhere.

Masochism?

Whats amazing is you have been a member since yesterday and already "amazed" and knowledgable of those who frequent TV

• Like 1