PS4 with camera and Fifa14 for under 16,000 bht

JustAnotherFarang

Hi Guys, a couple of questions

I am considering buying a ps4 to enjoy in my downtown and after checking Nadz Project I was all set to buy from them.. But on Lazada I seen this deal:-

PlayStation 4 System - FIFA 14 Bundle Set with PlayStation Camera
Zone2 / Japan Version
15,990 ฿

It seems like a great deal but I am worried about it being a japanese version zone 2 machine. What implications does this have for me if I want to play it in Thailand.

I will also buy a PS+ card from amazon or maybe from Nadz so I can play online. After reading this forum it seems that it is better to join the US network rather than the thai network because you get a better selection of downloadable games.

Last but not least, where is the cheapest place to buy PS4 games in Thailand or is it better to buy online and have them sent to me here.

Many thanks for your help

JAF

If you buy games online, you can just then download them to your PS4, so then you don't need to keep hard copies of the games themselves (Although if you want to have a huge collection of games, might eventually run out of harddrive space). This is probably the preferred option, as it's easier when switching between games.

Also from what I remember reading a while back (And I might be wrong on this), PS4 aren't region locked in regards to games, however they are region locked in regards to playing DVDs etc. So buying a Japanese PS4 you can probably still buy games from Thai stores, however you might have difficulty playing DVD/BluRay movies from Thailand on it (I'm not sure if Thailand & Japan are in the same region or not?).

Although as I said, I'm not 100% sure about PS4 games not having regions, I'm just remembering something I read ages ago, and so might have it wrong. Either way though, if you are going to buy games via the PS4 store and download them, then you shouldn't have any problems anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Slyanimal it was quite informative. I am not interested in watching dvds through the ps4 as i watch most movies from a usb stick on my tv. I also cannot burn my own blu ray disks on my computer so this makes the blu ray function immaterial to me too. If they are the only things I need to be concerned about then I think the ps4 with camera and fifa 14 is a good buy.

I am also exploring the idea of buying a ps vita as well so that I can play my ps4 games remotely. Has anyone tried this out with any games and how did it play.

Another reason for buying the ps vita is that with the ps+ online package I would be able to download and play ps vita games for free every month which makes the ps+ a great deal too. The only downside is having to buy sony memory cards to put them on so if anyone knows of any great deals on memory sticks please let me know.

Cheers JAF