19-year-old Thai student bids car license number for Bt25 million

webfact

The plates are worth more than the car. I would have taken the money and got a new car. But then again I am not the rich elite of Thailand who can spend money like that while other suffer in poverty.

You can also spend money while much of the world lives in poverty, but I bet t doesn't stop you. So have a go at richer people if it makes you feel better. But the fact is that people are suffering all over the world while you spend your money. Money you most likely got from being born in a Western country. You have money just because you were lucky enough to to be born in the right place. So continue to spend your money while others suffer.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More money than sense.

How do you know how much sense he has. You've never met the guy. But it probably makes you feel better to mock others. Maybe time to take a look at yourself. People with money usually have enough sense to be able to make money. The losers look on and think they don't have any sense.

I suppose people living in abject poverty who can't even afford to eat most days would look at farangs drinking beer at a bar or drinking coffee at Starbucks as having more money than sense. It's just a matter of degree. You think he has more money than sense ONLY because he has more money than you. It is petty jealousy.

• Like 1

More money than sense.

How do you know how much sense he has. You've never met the guy. But it probably makes you feel better to mock others. Maybe time to take a look at yourself. People with money usually have enough sense to be able to make money. The losers look on and think they don't have any sense.

I suppose people living in abject poverty who can't even afford to eat most days would look at farangs drinking beer at a bar or drinking coffee at Starbucks as having more money than sense. It's just a matter of degree. You think he has more money than sense ONLY because he has more money than you. It is petty jealousy.

More money than sense.

More money than sense.

LOL so funny to see some here think others are jealous of someone prepared to part with 25m for a numberplate. .... Mmmkay facepalm.gif

Shows theres other idiots out there who would if they could afford it too... cheesy.gif

25 M for the plate? Nar I'm jealous of that wonderful looking Nissan !

Find out who gave him the money ,

let him prove in what honest way he made it .

If he can ...OK

If he can't .....confiscate the money and put him behind bars.

Same in europe .

Can we also do the same for you?

They don't do this in Europe, so no need to spread lies. Many people buy number plate in UK and none are investigated to see where they got the money. <snip>

Many people are wealth because the own land or businesses. Most wealthy people have accumulated wealth legitimately. But some poorer people, like you, would prefer to believe that they got it illegally. <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame comments deleted

Someone should have told him, 25 or 50 million, his penis will still be the same size!!

penis size vs. a whole shitload of money.

Which do you think will be a more successful tool in pulling in birds? whistling.gif

The money. Always!

This will make him a target for some, hope he has good security.

Rich but not too clever. The interest of any driver is to bare the least rememberable number plate. If you want to skip a traffic ticket make it hard for the policeman to remember it if you are on the run.

it will probably be a good investment and could be sold on in a few years for an even more ridiculous sum, potentially to someone else who quickly needs to find a place to 'invest' a large amount of cash.

It's not an investment.

It's speculation.

So what's the difference between this and people in the West paying $10m+ for old paintings and other trash? Some farangs on here love to knock Thais but worse things happen in their home countries. So this guy wasted 25m baht. In USA they wasted $4 trillion in last decade or two bombing other countries. I wonder who caused less damage to the world. In case you're American and don't know the answer, it's the Thai guy.

You could make your point without coming across as a loved-up Thaier than Thai pleb that sounds like they have spurned their homeland after their whitey significant other dumped them.whistling.gif Investing wealth on paintings suggests class and sophistication, wasting daddy's money on a freakin number plate (wherever you hail from) is just sad because it is ALL for show.

Btw, that $4T you say was wasted likely generated double that amount in arms sales, engineering contracts and all that juicy black gold that was acquired, also helping to rid the world of scum... while the Thai guy continues to do F all for the world.

• Like 2

And so many young Thai people can't even afford to go to university. Sick...

Sounds like you're jealous because a 19-year-old is more successful than you are. It's funny that so many farangs get so jealous when they hear of a Thai person with more money than them. Perhaps it hurts that they're not top of he pile like they thought they were.

If you're so concerned about Thais that can't go to university, why don't you do something to help. Maybe sponsor a student or set up a charity to help. No chance of that though, as your type just prefer to whinge all the time.

Actually, I am appalled by this child/families behaviour and agreed when I read Euroflash comment.

I work full time at a children's charity and volunteered here for 2 year before that.

I have no issue accepting the fact and often comment when talking about fund raising, the fact that the rich Thais' have WAY more money than the rich Farangs.

But this is ludicrous. And yes the money could be WAY better spent. But that goes for a lot of things. But when you about stuff like this, yes it annoys me. And yes I spend my life trying to help others. And Yes I whinge a lot :)

G

When a rich man buys something, he does not need to ask for the approval of the poor.

Hey, it's his money, what do you care? You think 25 million is a lot? It's just change. Worry about your own problems why you don't have even that chump change, before criticizing others. As long as this purchase wasn't illegal or harm anyone in any way. Just think of it as the rich giving money for public use, he's not complaining, why are you?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what's the difference between this and people in the West paying $10m+ for old paintings and other trash? Some farangs on here love to knock Thais but worse things happen in their home countries. So this guy wasted 25m baht. In USA they wasted $4 trillion in last decade or two bombing other countries. I wonder who caused less damage to the world. In case you're American and don't know the answer, it's the Thai guy.

You could make your point without coming across as a loved-up Thaier than Thai pleb that sounds like they have spurned their homeland after their whitey significant other dumped them. alt=whistling.gif> Investing wealth on paintings suggests class and sophistication, wasting daddy's money on a freakin number plate (wherever you hail from) is just sad because it is ALL for show.

Btw, that $4T you say was wasted likely generated double that amount in arms sales, engineering contracts and all that juicy black gold that was acquired, also helping to rid the world of scum... while the Thai guy continues to do F all for the world.

Number plates in Thailand are not trash, as it could be possibly the only one in existence, the price of that number plate will only go up in value. Let's say 20 years down the line, someone richer than this guy, will want to have that number plate, and will offer any price affordable to receive it.

Like any economy, that money spent, will be circulated in the public, just depends who benefits from it.

Just imagine waht good could have been done with 25m THB - a school? a hospital? perhaps an orphanage for disabled kids???

Time the HiSo rich kids understand what really matters in life...

If I were the father, I'd feed him the plate and the plate license papers bit by bit for lunch and he wouldn't go to "play" unless the lunch is finished!!!!

Is his dad the Govt Minister, previous ofcourse , who when the police were investigating him found millions upon millions of baht stashed in one of his bedrooms and he could'nt account for it.

What ever happen there ?

Pay off everyone so no conviction, ah well power for the course here !

Yes, a lawyer who can be bought with shiny tinklets but in Asia NUMBERS with a 8 drives Chinese nuts. I lived in Singapore and it was the same. Don't help the needed give a F@)*& KING lICENSE PLATE my life is so empty at 19. I glad he dosen't want to be a surgern.

The making of a good lawyer.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How is it a waste of money, as many on here claim? The money has gone to either charity or the state, so the money will be spent. If the number plate was bought from another individual, the same would apply. The seller would have 25 million to spend. It's just money. Money circulates. It can only be wasted if it's locked up somewhere and never used. Spending it keeps it in circulation and others eventually benefit in ways you can't see. Maybe it will go towards building a hospital. Maybe it will go towards helping the poor. Maybe it will be spent on a building, thereby creating building jobs. I don't see how it is wasted because it's moved from one person's bank account to another person or company's bank account. The money still exists. How on earth can anyone say it's wasted? If you think rich people like this have too much money then you should be celebrating the fact that they are getting rid of a huge chunk of it. A rich person is 25 million poorer. That seems to be what some of you want, yet you also seem to wish he didn't spend it. Make your minds up.

Edited by ldnguy