Re-Entry With ED Visa Success

A few weeks ago, there was a post about someones friend who was refused re-entry on an ED extension of stay. Apparently the immigration officer insisted that they no longer accept re-entry permits on ED visas. I just returned to Thailand this morning after being gone 8 days (I am still on my initial 3 months of the visa, not an extension of stay). I got in with no problem. Not even one question was asked to me.

So needless to say, they are still honoring re-entry permits for ED visas. However, I have no doubt depending on the person, nationality, and circumstances..... Different people may face extra scrutiny.

So needless to say, they are still honoring re-entry permits for ED visas. However, I have no doubt depending on the person, nationality, and circumstances..... Different people may face extra scrutiny.

One of the difficulties in reading some accounts from people who encounter problems at immigrations, either at border/airports or at local offices, is that they can get quite confused about whether or not they have a valid visa, an extension of stay and/or a re-entry permit and what the actual reason was that caused the problem. The muddle is usually just from a misunderstanding on the part of the poster, but sometimes the truth is intentionally bent to garner sympathy and attempt to do a little fear mongering. And, as you say, circumstances & history can differ from one person to another especially for those who are here to study for various periods of time and at different "types" of schools.