3 Australian tourists fall from Phuket resort balcony

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on the 3 lads having a few beers sitting on the balcony railing due to lack of chairs/space on the balcony itself (they must have had guests also enjoying a few beers in the room with them). The weight of the 3 lads buckled the balcony railing they were sitting on, and all 3 went backwards.

The railing is not there to be sat on, especially in LOS, even if by western building codes it should be able to take the weight (which they may have assumed was the case).

Horseplay and all going over the top?? What a heap of thai lies!

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 1

My money is on the 3 lads having a few beers sitting on the balcony railing due to lack of chairs/space on the balcony itself. The weight of the 3 lads buckled the balcony railing they were sitting on and all 3 went backwards.

The railing is not there to be sat on, especially in LOS, even if by western building codes it should be able to take the weight (which they may have assumed was the case).

Horseplay and all going over the top?? What a heap of thai lies!

Thank you for your theory, it will be taken into account. Please note that no evidence points to horses playing on the balcony, the resort is enforcing a strict no horseplaying policy. Visitors are screened to make sure they are not horses in disguise.

Edited by Sirbergan

After seeing pictures of the wooden rails, I'm sure it broke and sent them all plunging to the ground.

Years back in Banyan Tree Resort on Bintan Island opposite Singapore, a friend of mine almost did the same. She leaned up against the rail at the restaurant and the entire top of the rail broke off. I was standing beside and she grabbed my arm, keeping her from falling. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been within her reach, she would have taken the fall down over the cliffs.

The hotel management shrug it off as it was nothing.

It's raining Farangs again. Let's see in 10 some Thai will say after 500 farangs have died you know we should make railings a bit higher. Then 30 years later after much debate They will ask for vote. Then they have to train 50 workers so 30 workers can watch them work.

..............Three Australians had to be rushed to hospital in Patong last night (September 30) after horseplay on the balcony of their hotel room turned into horror...................

What were they doing playing with a horse on the balcony?

No, they must have been in a theater.

It's raining Farangs again. Let's see in 10 some Thai will say after 500 farangs have died you know we should make railings a bit higher. Then 30 years later after much debate They will ask for vote. Then they have to train 50 workers so 30 workers can watch them work.

Better yet, maybe farangs ought to be a bit smarter, but alas, few are.

..............Three Australians had to be rushed to hospital in Patong last night (September 30) after horseplay on the balcony of their hotel room turned into horror...................

No, they must have been in a theater.

There has been no records of theaters being brought up to the balcony. Please tell any witnesses of such resort policy breaches to come forward so we can investigate.

A good question but perhaps they didn't want it dropping sh1t in the room.

At the end of the day they would've been better of with some 'whores' on the balcony.

All 3 fell from the balcony from horseplay? Highly unlikely. Sounds like the hotel is covering up for a balcony collapse or break in the railing. Let's see if more comes from this over the next few days.

They were pushed over by a gang of Thais. So I heard :D

• Like 1

3 Lads got hurt and all the TV whingers can do is give them stick. Did none of you decrepid old fools have fun when you were young, or are you all retired teachers/civil servants.

Note ; had fun, did not disturb my neighbours, did not get pissed and fall off the balcony.

• Like 1

Obviously most of you posters lead a very sheltered and pure life and were not subjected to the school of life's mistakes. I for one have any number of scares related to sporting activities and a few as a result of growing up.

If you mean living a sheltered life means not been an idiot and having common sense, I prefer my sheltered life.

3 Lads got hurt and all the TV whingers can do is give them stick. Did none of you decrepid old fools have fun when you were young, or are you all retired teachers/civil servants.

Having fun is not allowed, especially not with horses on your balcony. We are currently probing all horses partying in the area at the time of this non-lethal fall.

Note ; had fun, did not disturb my neighbours, did not get pissed and fall off the balcony.

Sounds like you had a blast. Balcony is still intact and deeply grateful.

And not one of you has ever done something after drinking too much on holiday that you later regretted, have you! They're 24 years old and in Thailand - Christ, i wish was 24 years old again!

God! I'm glad I'm not.

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a blast. Balcony is still intact and deeply grateful.

I said fun,not blast. Blast is where things get uncontrollable, at 24 maybe the difference isn't so apparent.

Can always hope that they learn from their mistakes...

Not even one of them had enough intelligence.

It was stated that they were drunk, thus the physical activities on the balcony were carried out in a drunk manner,

Normal "brain intelligence cells" go down due to drunkenness, as a result due to their alcoholic intoxication their physical activities on the balcony caused the disastrous problem.

Let's wait and see what really happened. I just don't believe all three just happened to fall, my guess is that the balcony or railing gave way.

I'm guessing you're right. Easy to imagine 1 person falling after drinking too much, but all 3? Highly doubtful.

Don't forget them all being alive. 3 people don't just fall after drinking and end up alive.

They do if they get used to it, ever since mummy took away the bed rails to stop them falling out of bed last year

Very odd that all three fell off a balcony at the same time unless they were all leaning against a railing which gave way.....Hope they investigate further

That would be the logical explanation. I make a point now every time I board a sawngthaew, that if I cannot get a seat inside, to check the fixture at the back of the vehicle where you place your feet and observe if it is welded on properly. This approach can save a lot of heartache down the track.

Let's wait and see what really happened. I just don't believe all three just happened to fall, my guess is that the balcony or railing gave way.

I'm guessing you're right. Easy to imagine 1 person falling after drinking too much, but all 3? Highly doubtful.

Don't forget them all being alive. 3 people don't just fall after drinking and end up alive.

They do if they get used to it, ever since mummy took away the bed rails to stop them falling out of bed last year

Mummies are still not ruled out as suspects.