Truly unimaginable: 'Beyond imagination' mall to open west of Bangkok

webfact

The fun of it is, there more employees in these Mall than paying costumers. Amazing Thailand.

Even with all the technology in Thailand, social political they are still 500 years back in the middle Ages.

Open your eyes and you will see it.

Unimaginable is not a load more S&P, Macdonalds, sports shops, gold dealers, and crappy, expensive clothes.

The unimaginable is a mall serving roast beef and Yorkshire puds with OXO gravy, or chicken and PAXO every day. That's the unimaginable. giggle.gifsad.png

The project will create more than 10,000 jobs when it is completed in 2015. It will also drive residential growth in Nonthaburi's Bang Yai district to exceed 150,000 units within five years from 50,000 units worth Bt150 billion currently, based on residential projects launched in this location.

Central Pattana is positioning CentralWestGate as a prototype super regional mall for Asia.

"We believe that this is a new lifestyle mall with more than 1,000 anchor stores and super-sized shops of both Thai and international brands,"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/CentralWestGate-A-super-mall-in-the-making-30199000.html

How many jobs and stores would be attracted by Yorkshire pudding? Eggs, flour and milk ain't much of a culinary masterpiece is it?

Let me guess. You're the project manager. Chula grad, lots of facts and figures that mean SFA, daddy is the investor, and you're here to promote it.

Your marketing skills are zero. Believe me, if there was a mall selling what I referred to, people would travel huge distances and spend a lot more money once packed with a good English meal. No.... it's all same same Japanese and Korean shiiite, with the odd BBQ alledged USA rib on offer. Get real.

Then again, if you're not Thai, you must be American, and investing in such. Wait for your rental bills to increase dramatically after a year...... ;)

• Like 1

A major port at Dawei? Where?

Dawei is a deep water port in Myanmar, a friend has land there, she say's it's far more beautiful than Samui, hope to go there next year?

Don't know, what is worst? "Journalists" who haven't got their facts right or posters confirming their nonsense.

Dawei is not a deepsea port in Myanmar!!

There were big plans for the area, which included a deepseaport, but it never took of, because they couldn't raise the money. Maybe the potential Japanese investors didn't trust the Yingluck government (clever of them) or they didn't have faith in the consession-holder ITD, which is a company close to the Shin-sphere.

So this far there are built about 100 km fourlane highway from the Thai side (near Kanchanaburi) leading nowhere.

It is an exellent idea, so lets hope it becomes a reallity in the future.

• Like 1

It still thinks like a 3rd world country.

Ya right. http://www.centralembassy.com/

Building bricks and mortar is hardly a single measure of progress is it. I wonder if the roads outside will be big enough to handle the crush?

Simple answer NO

it has been gridlock in all that area since 2011 when they started the Purple line = of course there are less lanes for traffic as now there are great big pillars with the train lines on them..

Of course there is a Plus side, far less KM to drive to a Central.. and house prices have shot up in the area.. I am about 18 KM further west away but even so my house has gone up by 1 million baht, nearer the main road house have almost doubled in price since 2011, many now 3x the price on the main road.

Now just needs Makro and would never have to go further than Bang Yai.

Unimaginable is not a load more S&P, Macdonalds, sports shops, gold dealers, and crappy, expensive clothes.

The unimaginable is a mall serving roast beef and Yorkshire puds with OXO gravy, or chicken and PAXO every day. That's the unimaginable. giggle.gifsad.png

The project will create more than 10,000 jobs when it is completed in 2015. It will also drive residential growth in Nonthaburi's Bang Yai district to exceed 150,000 units within five years from 50,000 units worth Bt150 billion currently, based on residential projects launched in this location.

Central Pattana is positioning CentralWestGate as a prototype super regional mall for Asia.

"We believe that this is a new lifestyle mall with more than 1,000 anchor stores and super-sized shops of both Thai and international brands,"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/CentralWestGate-A-super-mall-in-the-making-30199000.html

How many jobs and stores would be attracted by Yorkshire pudding? Eggs, flour and milk ain't much of a culinary masterpiece is it?

LIfestyle mall. Means nothing.

It still thinks like a 3rd world country.

Ya right. http://www.centralembassy.com/

Building bricks and mortar is hardly a single measure of progress is it. I wonder if the roads outside will be big enough to handle the crush?

Simple answer NO

it has been gridlock in all that area since 2011 when they started the Purple line = of course there are less lanes for traffic as now there are great big pillars with the train lines on them..

Of course there is a Plus side, far less KM to drive to a Central.. and house prices have shot up in the area.. I am about 18 KM further west away but even so my house has gone up by 1 million baht, nearer the main road house have almost doubled in price since 2011, many now 3x the price on the main road.

Now just needs Makro and would never have to go further than Bang Yai.

I am sooooo glad to be out of this mess you have in Bangkok.

I wondered what was being constructed at this Bang Yai location...the construction is close to the HUGE, HUGE MRT maintenance facility still under construction, the end of the purple line in that area, close to Big C and Big C Extra, Big King building, etc. It's right where Rattanathibet connects to Kanchanaphisek/#9 Outer Ring Road...will be plenty of mass transit access and vehcile access...it should do very well. That whole area has been growing extremely fast with lots of construction for the last few years. The western side of Metro Bangkok is really growing fast.

I have always wondered whether they are making any money.

What i see is many schoolchildren escaping the heat.

The mall-owners are making money, most of the shopowners not!

A little like in tourist towns, where farang opens/takes over bar/restaurant. Only one making money is the Thai landlord!sad.png

• Like 1

Only a few months ago Central announced they were opening a massive mall in Bang-Na?

You walk around Mega Bang-Na, yes very nice. My first thoughts were shops empty, they must be paying enormous rents, where's the money comung from.

jb1

"With every new mall comes a new set of superlative claims: biggest, fanciest, luxurious-est."

I'm sure the unpaid rice farmers are jumping for joywhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif .

The agricultural sector produces 8.4 percent of the GDP

http://www.thephoenixcapitalgroup.com/thailands-gnp-year-to-year/

I doubt many rice farmers patronize malls in Bangkok.

True, that's why its being build outside Bangkok rolleyes.gif

I wondered what was being constructed at this Bang Yai location...the construction is close to the HUGE, HUGE MRT maintenance facility still under construction, the end of the purple line in that area, close to Big C and Big C Extra, Big King building, etc. It's right where Rattanathibet connects to Kanchanaphisek/#9 Outer Ring Road...will be plenty of mass transit access and vehcile access...it should do very well. That whole area has been growing extremely fast with lots of construction for the last few years. The western side of Metro Bangkok is really growing fast.

Please don't. You gave me the marketing idea of Huge C, Huge Extra C, Huge Macdonalds, Huge Tesco Lotus........ Huge Mini mart, Hugely extended Huge 7/11...

Arrghhhh! facepalm.gif 555+ -.

do people visit a country just to go to their malls?

So much easier to shop online and it's far less expensive anyway you look at it.

I like the malls for their restrooms.

Don't always rely upon malls. Carry bog-roll, or at least some tissue, in your handbag, at all times, Danielle.

They can build as many malls as they want, Thailand still remains a third wolld country!!whistling.gif

Racist comments and people like you really make me sick to my stomach.

If you have no love for the country and the people, why even bother to visit or look over chat for this country.

Some people are just plain disgusting.