Head Light Laws In Thailand

z21rhd

What are the laws in Thailand regarding specially fitted Headlights, which on high position have extraordinary bright white light . Understood they were/are illegal.

Not sure of your question. Nearly all top models in brands sold in Thailand (Toyota, Honda, etc) have HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps as standard.

What are the laws in Thailand regarding specially fitted Headlights, which on high position have extraordinary bright white light . Understood they were/are illegal.

Not sure of your question. Nearly all top models in brands sold in Thailand (Toyota, Honda, etc) have HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps as standard.

Hi ,

To be specific, these are the "Super Dragon Eyes" Xenon headlights which were fitted to one model of Isuzu pickup - the "Spacecab 2500 Turbo Diesel (first sold in Thailand in 2000) - I am given to understand that following a government "order" this option was discontinued because the lights were too strong.

If the above is correct - would it be logical for Isuzu to recall these vehicles in order to fit legal head lights ???

I would say about half of all vehicles on the road have headlights that are simply too bright...nearly the equivalent of high beams back in the States. Where I come from, you can't use high beams within 100 meters or so of an oncoming driver. The headlights here are very dangerous for other drivers...I can't remember how many times I've been blinded by some idiot driving towards me.

Fixing the xenon headlight problem here would kinda be like pissing in the ocean eh, but then again, ya gotta start somewhere.

Id personally start with enforcing the rules of obtaining a driving license, or at least up the tea money to such a level that most people couldnt afford to pay it!

A good start would be Honda, Mercedes, Toyota, etc. headquarters.

:D

Proper HID lights (as optionally fitted by BMW, Merc, etc) properly adjusted, are no more danger to oncoming vehicles than conventional headlights. This assumes of course that drivers actually bother to use the low beam when they are supposed to.

Xenon lights (the ultra bright lamps that simply replace regular bulbs) are nowhere near as bright as HID and give a less 'white' light, these are what many people are fitting and herin lies the problem.

As I said above, it's all down to ADJUSTMENT and correct use of high / low beam --- not going to happen I'm afraid :o

I would say about half of all vehicles on the road have headlights that are simply too bright...nearly the equivalent of high beams back in the States. Where I come from, you can't use high beams within 100 meters or so of an oncoming driver. The headlights here are very dangerous for other drivers...I can't remember how many times I've been blinded by some idiot driving towards me.

I think you will find they are poorly adjusted or they are just driving on high beam and DGAF, I agree it's a common problem, My bike is fitted with HID lights and they are quite simply amazing

A good start would be Honda, Mercedes, Toyota, etc. headquarters.

Proper HID lights (as optionally fitted by BMW, Merc, etc) properly adjusted, are no more danger to oncoming vehicles than conventional headlights. This assumes of course that drivers actually bother to use the low beam when they are supposed to.

Xenon lights (the ultra bright lamps that simply replace regular bulbs) are nowhere near as bright as HID and give a less 'white' light, these are what many people are fitting and herin lies the problem.

As I said above, it's all down to ADJUSTMENT and correct use of high / low beam --- not going to happen I'm afraid :o

I think a lot of adjustment needs to come from folks that simply aren't used to HID lights. I rarely ever turn on my high beams, but a lot of drivers flash their high beams at me thinking my low beams are high beams.... I usually reward them with my own high beams + fog lights to send the message that "this is the normal brightness level for my perfectly aligned headlights."