35,000 walruses mass on Alaska beach 'due to climate change'

webfact

Here's a link

Here's another

That took all of 2 minutes, there are a million more probably.

Oh, I have researched it before Mr Canuck and there is overwhelming evidence that a significant portion of scientists consider man to be a contributor to global warming.

Your statement above is an erroneous argument to what I said. I was speaking specifically about the 97% consensus that is bandied about as some kind of a smoking gun. When in fact it is an utter fabrication.

There is no true consensus. There is a very vocal group of climate science dependents, politicians, left wing ideologues, and other useful idiots that make it seem there is no scientific dissent. But they are just being religious.

No I have never been to Whitehorse but I have a few friends from there. I hear it is very nice.

The 97% figure was not coined by me in this thread. I merely repeated it in my post for the convenience of continuity. Obviously, one cannot arrive at a hard number like that. In fact, I would be darned scared of the day that scientists would find 97% concencus about any theory. That is not a characteristic of the scientific community, it is typical of a church and its unfortunately the way Americans participate in politics today--an absence of critical thinking skills.

When you start usiing names lime "useful idiots" then you really remove the opportunity for enjoyable dialogue.

Yes, there are layman who are "religious" about climate change; however, it has been my experience the true zealots are primarily republicans. They are far more adamantly opposed at the very possibility of man contributing to climate change than the liberals who support it. Its interesting here in the US but it was no more than four years ago that conservatives were still denying climate change even existed. Now many will admit its existence but are doggedly refuse that man could not possibly had anything to do with it.

Like ai said previously, I used to farm. I know what happens when you put too many animals in a pasture.

Humans ain't no different. In fact, they're worse. What comes out of their backsides you can't use to fertilize your garden.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zealots are always the ones on the other side of a debate.

The term useful idiots is a reference to a comment by Stalin, who appreciated how the fervor of the idealistic anticapialists was exceptionally useful for his own ends. Despite having no idea what was really at stake. Similar to what is happening today

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1