Sensor shop in Bangkok

JohnnyJazz

Do a search for NPE. They are a component and AV retailer and have a branch in Ban Mor area. They do sell sensors, but perhaps not a very large range of them. Their staff are very knowledgeable, but don't speak English, so best have a Thai person go with you.

You can also check out http://www.es.co.th/index.asp

For this kind of dedicated item though, I'd personally prefer to order from overseas and ship it over. It does take a few days longer, but at least you will get exactly what you need without hours of walking around Ban Mor - only to find that they don't have everything in stock.

Cheers

Thanks for the advises. The problem with ordering online is I'm quite new in this field so I was looking forward to have a chat with the salespeople for advises.

Cloggie, your site seems to have exactly what I'm looking for, the sensors but also Raspberry Pi and Arduino. Thanks a lot wai.gif

How do you learn something like this?

I asked the local robotics business to give me a quote for a timing device with 2 laser gate sensors 50 meters apart and they quoted 30,000 baht... I think that's because they included an expensive control panel in the plan, but really I just need a reset switch and LED time output.

Another option, ordering from China:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-PCS-LOT-0-4-LED-digital-tube-Display-Time-Panel-Meter-Car-Motorcycle-electric-bicycle/1410480454.html

They have almost everything you can imagine for cheap, but you'll be waiting 2 weeks or so for your order to arrive. Though some small items might have a 20 unit or so minimum order.

Another option, ordering from China:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-PCS-LOT-0-4-LED-digital-tube-Display-Time-Panel-Meter-Car-Motorcycle-electric-bicycle/1410480454.html

They have almost everything you can imagine for cheap, but you'll be waiting 2 weeks or so for your order to arrive. Though some small items might have a 20 unit or so minimum order.

Thanks for the link. For aliexpress and other chinese sources I've friends in Shenzhen who can handle that and I can collect the goods next time I'll travel to HK which may be soon since the electronic fair is starting mid of October.

But for testing purpose I prefer to buy locally because if you made a mistake and you need to reorder and wait 2 more weeks, you already wasted one month before you can even start the tests.

I can't give a specific place, but you may be able to find something in Panthip Plaza, on the upper floors and to the back. Also on the upper floors there may be a place or two within all those glass-walled shops toward the front of the building. There's been some changes over the years but there used to be a parts place on the first floor all the way in the back on the west side of the building.

If they don't have what you want they may be able to steer you in the right direction, if you ask nicely.

And then there is that area around the end of Yaowarat, Worachak etc that I always get lost when looking for it but eventually find.

Thanks for the advises. The problem with ordering online is I'm quite new in this field so I was looking forward to have a chat with the salespeople for advises.

Cloggie, your site seems to have exactly what I'm looking for, the sensors but also Raspberry Pi and Arduino. Thanks a lot wai.gif

I buy our toolings (for CNC machining) only in Europe and USA and try to avoid Thailand. Never got any salesperson here who can give advises, but prices were always higher.

Might be different for electronics but I doubt it.

Best worked to search Ebay....there are you can find a lot professional shops, where you can buy direct (without Ebay) as well. Payment with Paypal makes things easy.