Amnuay favoured to be Thailand's new DSI chief

webfact

I don't think anybody has ever touted the junta as perfect with "no corruption, no nepotism, no puppets."

However, it has been quite obvious that there is considerably less than with the Yingluk government. How could there be more? And whether you like it or not, the change has been refreshing for a large percentage of the population (reportedly).

Can we expect some faint praise, or more of the same carping?

Why should I praise a military junta that has abrogated democracy in Thailand. Why should anyone?

Hmmm............less corruption, less nepotism, less puppets, less cronyism, less political violence, criminals being arrested, other criminals losing their parliamentary privilege, an end to a trillion baht money wasting scam, an end to a unelected criminal setting government policy and profiting from insider trading. And all for the cost of abrogating what passed for democracy here.

I would be very interested in how you arrive at some of those. In particular less cronyism, an end to a trillion baht scam?? They approved it, profiting from insider trading?? less puppets? what? less nepotism? I am not sure about that, there are a few familiar surnames in knocking around these appointed bodies.

• Like 1

He was a deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau chief in the Yingluck Shinawatra government, but was later transferred to be a deputy Police Education Bureau commander, considered a less significant post, after he was seen as being unfriendly to the previous government.

Being transferred for an unfriendly attitude toward Yinglucks government makes him almost perfect for the job in my opinion. If he expects a 100% rating he will have to testify that he would notice bulldozers plowing a road through his property to two new houses being built on parkland. That would make him much better than Tharit.

I would be very interested in how you arrive at some of those. In particular less cronyism, an end to a trillion baht scam?? They approved it, profiting from insider trading?? less puppets? what? less nepotism? I am not sure about that, there are a few familiar surnames in knocking around these appointed bodies.

Of course you would, you lack the capacity of clear thought.

There are certainly less ability lacking cronies in the NLA than appeared in PTP's party list of unelectable scum and criminals.

Trillion baht is my estimate of the B700+ billion with the interest added before it paid off.

Voter approval does not over-ride legality or morality.

Thaksin was allowed access to cabinet meetings. How could he NOT let information gained there affect his business decisions?

If you can find more family members, of anybody involved with the junta, than Shinawatras involved in the last government, let me know. And that is without considering ability and experience, or distinct lack of it, amongst the Shins.

He was a deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau chief in the Yingluck Shinawatra government, but was later transferred to be a deputy Police Education Bureau commander, considered a less significant post, after he was seen as being unfriendly to the previous government.

Being transferred for an unfriendly attitude toward Yinglucks government makes him almost perfect for the job in my opinion. If he expects a 100% rating he will have to testify that he would notice bulldozers plowing a road through his property to two new houses being built on parkland. That would make him much better than Tharit.

So you think this will help reconciliation by choosing officials that have been unfriendly and uncooperative with the previous government? In fact, the majority of the NRC, NLA and even the independent agencies are all stocked with officials that are either pro PDRC or anti Yingluck. I think the PM has erred in this respect. He has a chance to dispel perception that this government can made the difference but cracks are forming from skewed croony appointments to populist policies. I can't wait to see the popularity poll in 6 months time.

Herein lies the problem, the whole gang of them are tainted by politics.

Whoever is chosen there will be someone who has a gripe about it.

Where does ability come into the equation ?

It doesn't! I always sided with Thaksin simply as I honestly saw him and his cronies as the lessor of two evils! Coup detat and Democrat government does not equal persons being chosen in merit!

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Why would he, unless he turns out to be a corrupt drunken oaf or a lickspittle toady?

Of course he will be a lickspittle toady, that is why the selection criteria is:

"Amnuay is reportedly the strongest candidate, as he has close ties to senior members of the National Council for Peace and Order."

The question is will you criticize it like you do the PTP and Tarit? Of course not, as you are also a lickspittle toady, and you are not even paid to be.

On the other hand with willful political influence in DSI investigations in the past the NCPO may want a person who will not be influenced by politicians.

Its like when Nattawut presented a list of people he (i.e. the UDD) would find unacceptable as appointed PM. Following the same train of thought, I can only come to the conclusion that we really have to ask the UN to take over Thailand, replace the complete government apparatus with their own people and safe Thailand from itself.

Not bad Rubl, 8th post and you are trying to drag the topic of course. Your post is complete none sense btw, but you know that. Political influence in the past, of course, NCPO influence now, whats the difference? Nothing.

and you were asking about criticising others which of course isn't trying to drag things off topic, because you did so. I like the 'total' absence of double standards and the 'obvious' sincerity with which I am regularly accused by those who cannot understand why I don't agree with them.

Furthermore, after accusing me of dragging things off topic, you continue down that road you accuse me of having pointed out to you. What's the difference? Simple, I'm wrong and you are right. Allegedly that is.

Of course he will be a lickspittle toady, that is why the selection criteria is:

"Amnuay is reportedly the strongest candidate, as he has close ties to senior members of the National Council for Peace and Order."

The question is will you criticize it like you do the PTP and Tarit? Of course not, as you are also a lickspittle toady, and you are not even paid to be.

On the other hand with willful political influence in DSI investigations in the past the NCPO may want a person who will not be influenced by politicians.

Its like when Nattawut presented a list of people he (i.e. the UDD) would find unacceptable as appointed PM. Following the same train of thought, I can only come to the conclusion that we really have to ask the UN to take over Thailand, replace the complete government apparatus with their own people and safe Thailand from itself.

When will you accept that the NCPO is political and is the government? Ergo the new DSI Chief, if it turns out to be Amnuay, will be subject to political influence, albeit what some people on here, and the junta themselves, regard as the right type of political influence, i.e theirs - that is the whole idea.

I'm terribly sorry, my dear fabs, my excuses. I must have missed a memo. I still thought the NCPO was a junta, a dictatorial group of military denying us our basic freedoms and having appointed something called the NLA to make it look like a government outside the junta.

Buyers remorse beginning to show? Frankly I don't see how one can snipe endlessly at democracy, however imperfect, and then be surprised when its opposite produces much worse results including cronyism - not just in this instance but almost everywhere.Difference from the democratically elected governments you hate so much is that these bums can't be voted out.

On the other hand I really wonder what the heck you were up to in Cambridge University. Learning how to twist the truth, how to suggest someone said something in such a way that at least some others will believe it?

Now just point out to me where I said I 'hate democratically governments so much'. Just an example of how much you are able to 'imagine' I think.

Anyway, it would seem we're again in a situation where people like to point out the people they really don't want or trust, rather than pointing at some not related or associated to them they would trust.

No he seemingly did not do a good job, although i am sure we are unaware of many things going on behind the scenes. I am sure Tarit was capable, but it was all very politicized which he himself has come out and said. He is just part of the whole messy system, two different Govts could of got rid of him, but neither did.

Do you not agree that the selection criteria which is suggested in the article, in that he is close to the NCPO, does not bode well for the new guy being able to do his job independently, neutrally and without interference from people above him?

Lets hope i am being overly cynical, but it does not look like much of a change of modus operandi.

"Seemingly" clap2.gifclap2.gif

More like evidently. Even singled out by the General who publicly joked about Tarit's propensity for threatening all and sundry with law suits, even if they were ridiculous and involved laws he tried to make up.

Did he solve the luxury car import case. or any of the missing / murdered cases, or make any progress on them?

He turned the DSI into nothing more than a tool for Thaksin, only interested in doing things that benefited the Shins. Then he became number 2 in the CAPO pantomime - which failed miserably in preventing attacks and murders of anti-Shin protesters, catching those responsible, or actually achieving anything; well apart from squandering a very large amount of money with "seemingly" no accounts.

He was so busy he failed to notice some bad person build a resort on park land next to his even though a road, electricity and water supply had to cross his land too. He even "seemingly" didn't notice when it was all covertly demolished one night either.

Prior to that he toadied up to the Abhisit administration when they were in power.

You are "sure Tarit was capable". Of what exactly?

He had about as much success and competence as the NACC or the Election Commission.

Just out of interest what money was squandered with no accounts?

The rest of your post is just ranting non corroborated rumour which you have no evidence of.

Why did the Democrats appoint him if he was so incapable? Surely that is gross negligence. Anyway i am not saying he did a good job, i was simply saying for someone to get to that position, you would expect given the will, if they wanted to they could do a capable job.

What nonsense. You know very well, or choose to ignore, the amount of cases that Tharit either didn't progress or brought to a favorable conclusion for whichever masters he was serving at the time. How many DSI cases went nowhere like his investigation into luxury car import tax evasion? He was a bureaucrat who tried hard to deliver what his boss wanted, no matter how he did it. He certainly wasn't a champion of justice and the law.

CAPO spent a very large amount of money. When questioned about the alleged very expensive dining and beverages Chalerm allegedly said he wasn't a book keeper. How many attackers and killers of anti-PTP protesters did they arrest? What was their performance in stopping the violence and restoring peace.

Most of your comments are always simply you opinion as you rarely seemingly bother to do any research or quote facts. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion and if you believe, and have stated such, that Tharit is capable, then that speaks volumes for your judgement.