DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to this on the BBC World Service this morning, the BBC were very critical of the investigation and openly sceptical about the results. That's pretty unusual for the WS, which is usually very reluctant to criticise law enforcement agencies and foreign government bodies.

• Like 1

Sexual voyeurs are sad timid misfits who run away when confronted. I wonder if there has ever been another case in the world where a peeper has slain in the most brutal and violent way possible the couple he was spying on.

Officially there is one case :

Il Monstro di Firenza (the monster of Firenza) in italie.

Same kind of Police, same kind of investigation, and same results. A US journalist did a book on it, then was invited in Italy, and .... judged, jailed ... for having tell what he believed was the truth (that the investigation was botched).

The investigation found a peeper guy guilty (as he was also medicaly an idiot he did not have the capacity to explain himself).

They are way beyond anyone seriously accepting their word on this. Yet they STILL seem completely unaware of how the rest of the world perceives them.

There should be resignations and an international enquiry.

I hope the UK embassy does not just sit back and hope that this is enough for the bereaved families.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Ask yourselves a question. Why is Thailand the only country in the world that has to have a dedicated ''Tourist Police'' force..??

Even the guide books warn you not to go the Thai Police..!!

Many countries have tourist police. A quick google and I saw South Korea, Turkey and sri Lanka have them.

Amazing how they have only just found her phone. Surely they could have tracked that a few weeks ago

Not if it was turned off.

Would anybody be stupid enough to keep it and not use it. It's quite a vital piece of evidence don't u think??

Obfuscation..

I replied to your incorrect assertion.

There could be many reasons to have taken it. Other reasons not to have disposed of it. The most obvious is the person thought he was initially safe. Then had no time to safely get rid of it.

Sitting next to my Thai gf and I tell her of the latest arrests and "released proof" . Her reply priceless.......

You farang silly if u believe this bulls**t. They can no have Thai do this. This bad for Thailand if Thai do this bad thing. They find someone else........etc etc

I always say she is clever

She doesn't sound it.

Can you communicate(speak) in Thai?

• Like 1

Shazaaaam! surprise surprise surprise!

Considering they announced it before they proved it who's surprised at all?

I just don't believe it. It seemed to be a crime of anger, loss of face maybe,

the Burmese I know that I've asked about that in their culture, don't really have it.

Would love to hear the relationship between the two and how it went down. I'm not

going to fall for the walking down the beach and saw them having sex and couldn't control

myself semi-acceptable story this time.

Maybe the "powerful village headsman" is going to kick the "<deleted>" of his boys to never

pull a stunt like this ever again. Just my opinion of course.

I love how people make fun of those who say a Thai could not have done this yet will say a Burmese person could not have done this. Amazing logic.

I am glad they found those bad Burnese people and clear the name of those noble Thai victems.

It's a shame that the Thai police even think for a second that Thai people are capable of doing crimes and I's sure after modifeing the DNA the Burmese where happy to confes any crime done in the past 10 year in Thailand.

Many people here spoke bad about the capabileties of the Thai police but now the must bite the dust.

Great work from the Thai police here and solve an other crime. I thank them all for the great efforts.

• Like 1

that! what everytime there is a murder we're gonna get the FBI and UN involved? or is it just when white americans and brits are the vicyims because their lives mean so much more than all the other murder victims, they found the murderers, even the murderers are confessing to it, if you don't trust the police here then its not safe and then just go back to your country.

i really wish most TV members would just leave this country that they think so lowly of.

They have boldly made all these statements to the media. If they are so confident in their case, publicly show the DNA sample analyses to the public and have an INDEPENDENT agency verify them. This is an absolute frame up if they refuse to show indepedent results.

Edited by pkspeaker

This! Repeat 100 times.

Is there any journalist in this country willing to ask the blatantly obvious questions or do they all just print whatever the higher ups tell them?

The FBI confirmed that the semen was from an Asian correct? To put a rest to all this (and to prove that the police are just massively incompetent rather than horribly, horribly corrupt), let the FBI visit with these three men, collect DNA samples, and tell us all if there is a match.

Until then, this appears so wrong in so many ways.

Why the FBI, what's so bloody good and uncorrupted about that organisation?

Technical skills, equipment and vast amounts of experience come immediately to mind. They may be corrupt, but at a level much too high to affect findings in this sort of investigation. Just the same, I would have the same degree of confidence utilizing the talents of the relatively new NCA or MI6 for this purpose. Preferable in fact, in light of the fact that the victims were UK citizens.

• Like 1

Sexual voyeurs are sad timid misfits who run away when confronted. I wonder if there has ever been another case in the world where a peeper has slain in the most brutal and violent way possible the couple he was spying on.

And then inexplicably waited around with his two fellow murderers to be arrested for three weeks when they could easily have slipped away, Thailand has sunk to new depths of lies, corruption and injustice over this case.

At what point exactly does sexual arousal while furtively peeping on a courting couple turn into an explosive killing frenzy?

Weird how he's wearing the same T-shirt when he's being arrested that he was wearing on the night of the murders. No blood on it? He didn't think to throw it away? Very odd.

How come none of the guys on the bike have blonde hair?

• Like 2

The large number of people on here who have been criticising the Thai authorities will be starting to feel uncomfortable now. Of course they wont admit that the Thais have ultimately done a good job in difficult circumstances because they have got their own biased agenda. One only has to see that fifty plus people clicked like on Costa's absurd suggestion that the UK police or the FBI should verify the findings. What business is it of theirs and anyway who in their right mind would suggest that the. UK police or the FBI have never fitted up anyone on their patches. Yes this wasn't well handled especially from a public relations standpoint but the police say they have the DNA evidence and reasonably soon that evidence will be tested along with the rest of the evidence according to the law in the Thai courts. Fortunately the kangaroo court of Thai Visa will not be sitting.

That will be another two "rich" Burmese families on the ever-growing list of Thai "donations".

At the risk of appearing overly skeptical, I think you may be right, Dee-man. This started out ugly and defying the laws of physics, has only gotten worse. The problem for the Thai is that the deceased were citizens of the UK. This is not going to go away without independently verifiable, airtight confirmation. I'm beginning to think the UKSF would have been justified in landing on the beach, quarantining the island, and taking control of the investigation from the onset. In fact until this accursed government capitulates, I would suggest that be the protocol for any further hijinks involving citizens of the Commonwealth.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or are crazy.

What defied the laws of physics, please entertain us with you conspiracy theories

one has to wonder why the burmese who allegedly committed the crime did not leave Koh Tao when so many others who did not commit the crime did.

I'm folding

there is a 3rd guy that will bury them for his freedom,

the two had been observing Hannah from the moment she walked in the bar, and every time she was there,

someone wanted her, maybe both,

being rejected is enough to get a guy enflamed,

they may be small, but that means nothing,

a kid with a baseball bat, which is what those hoes are, swinging at a guys skull who is laying on top of a girl, will die with the second blow,

the girl didnt even know what was happening, and there was a killer on top of her,

sorry chums,

I am going w the RTP

They are way beyond anyone seriously accepting their word on this. Yet they STILL seem completely unaware of how the rest of the world perceives them.

There should be resignations and an international enquiry.

I hope the UK embassy does not just sit back and hope that this is enough for the bereaved families.

Mr Kent from the embassycheesy.gif

About as useful as a chocolate chainsaw!

I think everyone has the same questions and concerns.

1. Did the suspect have blonde hair at the time of questioning?

2. Was their DNA actually tested the first time?

3. Where are the victims shorts ?

4. Did the suspects DNA get sent to Singapore for verification?

5. Why would the suspects stay there ! Even if they were found to be the primary suspects I would run fast and quickly.

6, glad they followed the smoking gun so to speak. The cigarette butt. Very simple basic police follow through May have caught the culprits.