DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just one question:

Why would the actual killers still stay after all this time they had to flee?

If a person was there one minute and gone the next, in the middle of a murder investigation, would that not appear very suspicious especially if they had jobs?

Hide in plain sight..........wink.png

Possibly, but consider this: Three persons were there on the island one minute, and stayed for the next minute, in the middle of a murder investigation, and are now facing a possible death sentence because they stayed to work at their jobs, and quite truthfully did not ever consider what is now unfolding. This is what makes me wonder at why all the workers aren't getting out of there, but more on that below.

Only they know truths that would blow this thing wide open. I wonder what the remaining workers on the island are thinking about now; is it safe to remain when their bosses and the sons and daughters of their bosses wreak havoc and take lives at will and when the emotions take hold?

And on another note... how do we know for certain that any workers were even allowed to leave, or ARE allowed to leave, without a pass from their slave owners? Anyone check the status quo down there without getting themselves beaten up or hoed to death? It is an island, after all, and fairly easy to govern who is arriving and departing.

Remember the stories of the Myanmar and Vietnamese fishermen working on Thai fishing vessels, and how rough things are in that sector; threats, disappearances, unpaid wages or wage cuts? Some of those stories from TV in the past make one wonder at how "voluntary" things are down there, once they get their hooks into one. And what about massage parlors and other lines of work where the foreign worker is lured and then hooked into a rigged system.

And then there is the survival factor to consider; being able to send money back home, and gambling with the risks of working at these places merely to be able to send that money home.

Better than DNA (because that is impossible by now to ascertain) would be to get these guys away from Thailand and THEN hear their confession, and THEN investigate their side of the story... and probably discover that it made more sense than what they were told to say by their abusers. That these three have been given better protection from the outside world than the FBI's Witness Protection Program indicates that everyone around them does not want any outside, third party persons to hear what they have to say.

It stinks all the way around, no matter which angle you approach from.

When I read about the condom (yesterday in the Daily Mail) and it said her DNA was on the outside of the condom, Icannot help but wonder why no mention of whose DNA is on the inside?

Does a rapist carry a condom?

More to the point, do Burmese workers carry condoms around with them?

Seems very fishy that no mention was made of the DNA inside the condom.

Come on all you naysayers, keep up with the news

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412314798

The perpetrator had died his hair blonde then died back to black. DNA results came back at 8am this morning. Samples sent to Singapore was very early in the case to identify race. News updates keep coming in. I think these are the killers.

Now there were only two of them sitting on the beach...

So in his "confession", 'Win' mistakenly claimed that three of them committed the crime? The same three on a bike and in the shop...

Who was the third man then? Perhaps these two are guilty, but at least one's confession clearly states there were three.

You may want to catch up.

Eh?

Perhaps you can enlighten me? The reports contradict each other is what I am pointing out. Do people get to choose their version of the truth? Or do you know it all?

This has perhaps been mentioned before but here goes anyway... See this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777726/Myanmar-worker-admits-British-murders-Thailand-police.html

Now, they have a CCTV cap of the three suspects on a bike on the night of the murder. They also show the well-known 'running man' CCTV video, also taken that night. In the first cap, two of the men are wearing long pants and the middle man is wearing dark/black shorts. The 'running man' is wearing light coloured shorts. Yet these are supposed to be the same suspects on the same night. Huh???

Yes, but isn't it funny that none of these fellows was carrying a guitar? Where is that damn guitar?

• Like 1

The "views" on ALL the posts about these murders are at least TEN TIMES MORE (running into 6 figures on some occasions) than on most other current threads........I think the authorities should be seriously concerned about the lack of confidence this fiasco has generated both here and abroad in both foreigners and Thais.

It has been handled incompetently, insensitively and even arrogantly at times and the result is many people throughout the Nation and the rest of the world are deeply suspicious of any accusations made by the police, who seem to have shown their only concern in this whole tawdry affair was to save face.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 2

This has perhaps been mentioned before but here goes anyway... See this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777726/Myanmar-worker-admits-British-murders-Thailand-police.html

Now, they have a CCTV cap of the three suspects on a bike on the night of the murder. They also show the well-known 'running man' CCTV video, also taken that night. In the first cap, two of the men are wearing long pants and the middle man is wearing dark/black shorts. The 'running man' is wearing light coloured shorts. Yet these are supposed to be the same suspects on the same night. Huh???

Yes, but isn't it funny that none of these fellows was carrying a guitar? Where is that damn guitar?

They borrowed Sean's guitar later?

Thus, where was he? I wouldn't let one of my guitars out of sight for a second!

Apparently the word on the street from the Thai & Expat locals down on the islands, who agree that the real culprits are the local mafiaso families, and are at frustration point because they seem to wielding enough power to push the boys in brown & in green around. (and the media) That's scary!, I really hope we are all wrong, but there is a big stinky rat in there somewhere.

Yep, this is what I am hearing too. Reports of locals being too scared to come forward with information basically confirms this. It makes no logical sense why the locals would be too scared to come forward with information on a lowly Burmese bartender.

Good point, This goes against the flow of natural human behavior in a case like this. I do not think it is fear. I think it is confusion at not knowing what to say because The Hierarchy is in a state of confusion, because the higher ups are changing the story so much.

The Hierarchy? Five families on a small island since the early 1940's, and how many generations of offspring populating that island, along with friends, brothers and in-laws and acolytes who are either "made" or "approved"...

Ever watch "The Firm". No one already on the inside ever leaves... alive.

As I stated in another post, it seems odd that these three are so protected from any third party interviews that even the FBI Witness Protection Program is green with envy at how they are being sequestered. Even the President of the US doesn't get this kind of protection.

No! This added version of lies doesn't wash with me either, and I daresay that anyone allowed to live on that island is only allowed for a reason. I'd say they all have it fairly well locked and tightened down there for anything, in the event it happens. ...pretty disgusting actually, that people wai these bums when they descend from their mansions and parade through the markets. Makes me think of that scene from the Godfather, where a young Don Corleone was strolling through the New York market and everyone was handing him freebies from their bins of goods.

As Rocky Balboa said, "It Stinks!"

• Like 1

ALL of us want REAL JUSTICE for the poor victims and their families.

The ONLY WAY to get conclusive proof, leading on to real justice is this:

(1) An independent Western Crime Team (FBI - Scotland Yard) has a sample of the 'real' original evidence i.e. the semen.

(By 'real', I mean that it was made available to the Crime Team three weeks ago - NOT NOW!)

(2) The Crime Team is able to now personally swab the two suspects, and obtain a sample from each of them for DNA testingin the States or in Britain.

ONLY when this independent team concludes that indeed there is a DNA match, to the semen and the suspects, can we know for sure that we have real justice.

Until that happens we are left with Thai Justicenot enough for closure for the familiesand all decent human beings.

J.W.

I wonder why there are no pictures of the 3 perps together with the police chiefs. They always issue photos with the perps even if it is a case of a bag snatch or nightclub argument. Could it be that after the "intense interogation" the Burmese have changed their color to blue?

Thus, where was he? I wouldn't let one of my guitars out of sight for a second!

Normally a guitar would be with someone coming and going. No mention of a guitar. No guitar in any CCTV cam. No guitar mentioned as evidence bearing blood spatter or spray, or found at the original place where they were partying, or...

My point is; where is this guitar?

Don't bother, though. It is clear to me that anything but what the police SAY is all that is needed in solving this case.

There is what seems to be the handle of the guitar coming off the head of the 2nd guy on the bike...

Btw, police ( or the press ) said that one of the 3 Burmese had admitted he was the guy running on the famous cctv video ... But from the pic on the motorbike, all 3 seem to wear dark pants.

Sorry if this point has been debated already.

I don't have much interest in this case and didn't read most of its articles, so I don't really have an opinion whether it's BS or not. But what is with all these hateful generalization toward thai? Some are literally taking advantage of it to promote hate. Read between the lines of some articles (written by...who? and who knows how accurate they are), quoting from it, and make speculations and accusations from it is just laughable.

• Like 1

There is what seems to be the handle of the guitar coming off the head of the 2nd guy on the bike...

Btw, police ( or the press ) said that one of the 3 Burmese had admitted he was the guy running on the famous cctv video ... But from the pic on the motorbike, all 3 seem to wear dark pants.

Sorry if this point has been debated already.

Respectfully, I don't really care what the police say, and there is more than one photo snap or CCTV vids, as well as 7-11 witnesses who saw three men walk out of the store and down the beach, and the "eyewitnesses" on the beach who heard them singing and did not hear screaming later on. No mention of a guitar, which would be VERY normal as an identifying factor, or VERY normal for a police officer to ask, "Were there any special things about these three that made them stand out, such as clothing, articles on their person, etc.". Or perhaps the police did not interview the 7-11 clerks as perhaps they are second cousins of the murderers.

Who knows. It's what the police SAY that matters most... apparently

This is a classic from Reuters

Last few paragraphs:

"Migrant workers, particularly those from Myanmar, are often used as scapegoats for crimes in Thailand. The high-profile rape and murder of 23-year-old Welsh backpacker Kirsty Jones in 2000 was blamed on an ethnic Karen guide from neighbouring Myanmar who was beaten by police in an attempt to coerce a confession.
The case was handed over to the Department of Special Investigation, Thailand's answer to the FBI. Despite a number of arrests, no charges have ever been brought over her death.
Thailand hosts around 2.5 million migrants from neighbouring countries including Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia. Many perform the jobs most Thais are unwilling to do in the fishing, agriculture and construction industries. Many work as domestic helpers.
"In this sort of case we usually do not take risks and have never thought of bringing in a scapegoat because this is a case with interest worldwide and in Thailand," Jaktip said.
"Today the case should be finished because we want to clarify this case as soon as possible so that our tourism industry can bounce back."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/10/03/uk-thailand-britain-murder-idUKKCN0HS07H20141003

• Like 1

I am in total agreement that this case STINKS . So will we have a court hearing or just the police sayso.

Do the Thais have murder case tried in court ?

Well ok then we would have aThai defence lawyer. A bent Thai judge and an all Thai jury.. Hardly worth going to all this trouble. The result is already written in Thai concrete

I don't have much interest in this case and didn't read most of its articles, so I don't really have an opinion whether it's BS or not. But what is with all these hateful generalization toward thai? Some are literally taking advantage of it to promote hate. Read between the lines of some articles (written by...who? and who knows how accurate they are), quoting from it, and make speculations and accusations from it is just laughable.

Lots of hate. I have no problem people criticizing Thailand. I do it. But some people are just plain make up stuff and have some issue they are taking out on Thais in general. Thailand attracts some crazy farang.

A native troll with a Koh Tao address, perhaps?

I am in total agreement that this case STINKS . So will we have a court hearing or just the police sayso.

Do the Thais have murder case tried in court ?

Well ok then we would have aThai defence lawyer. A bent Thai judge and an all Thai jury.. Hardly worth going to all this trouble. The result is already written in Thai concrete

Yeah because the USA and UK brings in foreign judges and juries for trials of NON UK/USA citizens. Hilarious.