DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

Excellent news. Now what will it take to convince the skeptics on TV?

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt would do it for me.

If I was one of two, scrawny, (from the pics, under 5') Myanmar nationals who viciously killed two Brits three weeks ago with a garden hoe to their faces,...I'd probably be wondering right now,...why did I stay on Ko Tao after the grisly murder of two much taller, in shape backpackers,...and not make my way back to Burma.

Looking forward to the psychological profile of these two,...and independent verification of the alleged DNA tests.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you read their confessions ? A link please

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765397-dna-samples-from-two-myanmar-workers-match-with-those-collected-from-british-victim/?view=findpost&p=8477212

My point is this - the police report that a man has confessed, implicating two others. After DNA confirms two matches, suddenly the third is no longer "involved"?

As the confession claims three men were involved, and it was not the guy just cleared - who was the third?

Edited by ParadiseLost

In my mind,, there's a pretty simple explanation for all... The 2 victims had consenual sex on the beach (the used condom was his,, and he was mostly naked),, the attackers appeared,, beat him,, then raped/killed her... the police KNOW who did this,,, they locate 3 Burmese still on the island,, (not guilty,no reason to flee),,, attempt to beat/bribe a false witness,, (taxi driver),, to implicate the 3 they already had chosen,,, no luck,, so pick up the 3 anyway,,, coerce/bribe them into admitting it,,, take DNA,, (and large brown envelope) from the actual murderers,, take DNA from the Patsy's,, while this DNA is being transported to testing,,, swap the ACTUAL killers DNA,, into the vile containing suspects DNA,, test them,, PRESTO!!! POSITIVE MATCH!,,, this all would have worked much better,, without all the recent doesn't speculation,, WHY all the delays????, the correct amount of Baht,, in the hands of the correct people,, pretty simple actually,,,

Edited by Adeeos
  • Like 1

Excellent news. Now what will it take to convince the skeptics on TV?

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt would do it for me.

If I was one of two, scrawny, (from the pics, under 5') Myanmar nationals who viciously killed two Brits three weeks ago with a garden hoe to their faces,...I'd probably be wondering right now,...why did I stay on Ko Tao after the grisly murder of two much taller, in shape backpackers,...and not make my way back to Burma.

Looking forward to the psychological profile of these two,...and independent verification of the alleged DNA tests.

from the news: while one was confirmed to be Cho who hurriedly left Koh Tao shortly after he was released after being questioned earlier by police, the source said.

• Like 1

Who was the third man then? Perhaps these two are guilty,

but at least one's confession clearly states there were three.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765397-dna-samples-from-two-myanmar-workers-match-with-those-collected-from-british-victim/?view=findpost&p=8477212

These are not their confessions.

These are just articles reporting that these guys confessed. It's very different!

To say that "confession clearly states there were three" you must have read them. So where?

Edited by Pattaya46

I am in total agreement that this case STINKS . So will we have a court hearing or just the police sayso.

Do the Thais have murder case tried in court ?

Well ok then we would have aThai defence lawyer. A bent Thai judge and an all Thai jury.. Hardly worth going to all this trouble. The result is already written in Thai concrete

Yes trials.

Yes to Thai defense. Could be Thai -Burmese.

No to a jury.

More than 1 judge.

Correct me if I am wrong.....

But I thought they had been dragging their feet about arresting some semi connect Thai's son

( a village head or something like that) for a couple of weeks...

(" we are coming for you some day soon so get lost" hint hint!)

And then suddenly, out of the blue, the DNA matches a couple of non Thai guys from Myanmar??

Case closed!

Good job!

Only in Thailand

I seriously hope there is an investigation into this investigation...one that is non biased!

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Kobkarn Wattanavarangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports told AFP, hours after the apparent confessions.

Wishful thinking. Why would tourist confidence improve because three migrant workers have been fitted up to take the fall? In fact, quite the reverse.

The public believes what the media tells them to believe.

ok we've had all the usual rubbish about scapegoats, so let's have a vote............

how many of you doubters would be happy to see these guys released and spend a night at a beach party with your daughter sister wife girlfriend?

Can't possibly come to any harm as these guys are as inoocent as the driven snow according to yourolleyes.gif

• Like 1

If this is all true they would have found the murderers sooner.

The Thai police said that they had found "Some blond strands of human hair" if that was DNA tested they would have found out it was Asian hair?... How many asian men have dyed their hair blond? and of them how many reside on Koh Tao? Surely they would have found this man sooner, no?...

They say Cho "He had recently dyed his hair black when originally his hair was dyed blond." So did he dye his hair between the last cctv picture at 23:10 on the night of the murder and the murder itself? Or did he still have some blond strands left on his clothing from before...

Another peculiar thing Police said "The police then started to clandestinely follow the group’s movement" being the three migrant workers. In this case the Thai police really want the murderers to be "immigrants" why didn't they just take their DNA instead of wasting time on following the group’s movement?

Who was the third man then? Perhaps these two are guilty,

but at least one's confession clearly states there were three.

These are not their confessions.

These are just articles reporting that these guys confessed. It's very different!

To say that "confession clearly states there were three" you must have read them. So where?

I quote a Thai national newspaper, who directly quoted a police officer. I would love to hear your explanation as to why this should be cast aside.

How do you even know there was a murder? Did you see the bodies?

Or did you read it in the news? Did you believe that?

These 3 Myanmar guys were mentioned by Police at begin, they were the guitar trio at beach, so sure they collected from them before DNA samples.

They collected DNA samples from every-one, may be from the fish in the sea also.

Those DNA samples were checked and before The Police didn't come with this news.

The DNA samples are matched NOW, but the actors are same like before.

This is more than fishy ....

Finally. Thank god they got the murderers and dna match. Atleast these bastards won't be killing again. I guess the parents want death sentence to these animals. Thai polices great breakthrough was main news yesterday in Finland. Finland is by the way maybe the least corrupted country and blue eye finns believe what cops say. Now the Finlands no.1 tourist destination can continue as no.1. All credits go to great drtective work of Thai police. Well done. Case closed and forgotten in 1 month.

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results "obtained" by the Thai police.

Too right,

This could well be a framing, just to see the end of the embarrassment for the 'tourism industry'. Seems very convenient. And where are these DNA samples being analysed? Can we even believe the results given the level of corruption in this country? I'd say the Myanmar workers are being made scapegoats. And whatever happened to the village head's son. All buried? Very odd...

.........According to the police chief, officers also found Witheridge's missing mobile phone during a raid on Win's residence.............

I know for a fact that this cannot be true! The phone was found at the scene of the crime!

You definitely need to substantiate this statement...

I wonder why there are no pictures of the 3 perps together with the police chiefs. They always issue photos with the perps even if it is a case of a bag snatch or nightclub argument. Could it be that after the "intense interogation" the Burmese have changed their color to blue?

I think you meant black and blue

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

.........According to the police chief, officers also found Witheridge's missing mobile phone during a raid on Win's residence.............

I know for a fact that this cannot be true! The phone was found at the scene of the crime!

You definitely need to substantiate this statement...

Doubt if he can. Her phone was apparently missing from the crime scene: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/investigation-koh-tao-murders-seriously-flawed

• Like 1

Absolutely no way the results could come back in the time frame they are claiming.

Liars.

Not at all accurate.

http://www.esr.cri.nz/competencies/forensicscience/dna/Pages/DNAfaq.aspx This forensic lab in NZ says it takes anywhere from a "few days" to "several weeks" to get the results of DNA testing. Do you know something they don't know?

Commercial lab.

Absolutely no way the results could come back in the time frame they are claiming.

Liars.

Not at all accurate.

http://www.esr.cri.nz/competencies/forensicscience/dna/Pages/DNAfaq.aspx This forensic lab in NZ says it takes anywhere from a "few days" to "several weeks" to get the results of DNA testing. Do you know something they don't know?

Commercial lab.

About the size of a small copy machine or large printer, the RapidHIT can be moved where it's needed. The equipment requires 90 minutes to examine a swab from a person’s cheek and spit out a DNA profile.

• Like 1

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results "obtained" by the Thai police.

Too right,

This could well be a framing, just to see the end of the embarrassment for the 'tourism industry'. Seems very convenient. And where are these DNA samples being analysed? Can we even believe the results given the level of corruption in this country? I'd say the Myanmar workers are being made scapegoats. And whatever happened to the village head's son. All buried? Very odd...

Has it skipped our minds that the police admitted they had planted a pair of pants with blood clearly visible on the cuffs, in Chris Wares suitcase ? To what lengths will these police go is the question. Not whether they will go there at all. We know they will, it's down the what extent.

I would be willing to lay a wager on my thoughts on that.