DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

Does anyone know where this message about the phone being handed over to the police originated from? I'm speaking of the one from Abigail1989.

I've only seen the screenshots of two statements that she made however, it's obviously part of a longer discussion.

Do we know this Abigail1989 even exists or is she some 50 year old dodgy bloke having a joke at everyone's expense?

Just asking because a lot of us are treating it like it's undeniable evidence.

As for the photos of the phone on the police officer's desk being the same one pictured with Hannah, it's not possible to tell for certain- I can see some matching characteristics though such as the side clips and the actual phones look like they're pink.

More important is the police have not said the phone they found at the suspects was the same one the initially confiscated the day of the murders. They said they found a victims phone at the suspect place. They did not say Hannah and could have been David's phone or even Hannah's second phone to use in Thailand. There is no picture of the phone police say they recovered from the suspects.

All this debate about the phone is currently nonsense distraction from facts.

Oh yes there is, the morning this news broke I posted on TV that I was watching ch. 7 showing a clip of the arrest of the Myanmar suspects and it showed the phone hidden in a bush in a plastic bag. One police officer display the phone in the bag for the camera.

Did it look like this same phone under discussion? (the one in front of Hannah in the bar)?

No, it was much bigger and white. Maybe someone can find the clip on youtube

• Like 1

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Maybe" they were interrogated improperly but if the DNA matches then ....

Dead or alive their DNA (and family members) is not going anywhere. Unless you suspect the police could go back in time and replace the DNA they collected at the scene and shared with Singapore ... it is just fantasy to believe these guys were set-up.

If it's fantasy why not let there be an independent test? The Burmese guys dna with the dna in the UK (from Hannah). There is still the matter of the condom at the scene!

Money, face & tourism (more money) is way more important than anything else in this country. The longer you live here the more you realise it

Get over it, the original dna was sent to Singapore and now they have these guys dna and even if they die, they still have their dna which can be compared against the crime scene collections sent to Singapore earlier.

We are not the police and they are not going to share every detail of an ongoing case with the public. What of the condemn??? Do you suspect the attackers wore it and then took it off before ejaculating in/on the victim? Maybe it was David's and there is no reason to share this or maybe it wasn't even related to this case.

If the DNA matches then this case is closed barring details of others involved and the 3rd guy who says he left before the attack happened.

Who is to say that it was their DNA that was sent to Singapore? You might call them the 'herd', but it appears that it is you who lacks the ability of critical thought.

Nevertheless, I am not going to be the one to try to teach a pig to sing. It will be a waste of my time and will only serve to annoy the pig.

Read what I wrote again -- nobody is saying the dna collected from the suspects has been sent to Singapore as was the crime scene DNA. But these suspects DNA is going to be with them regardless of if they are alive or dead. Any time they say they didn't do it then lawyer, NGO or anyone else wanting to help them can check instead of this nonsense speculation.

Did it look like this same phone under discussion? (the one in front of Hannah in the bar)?

That brings that line to a sudden halt then? So it wasn't Hannah's phone they found in that case.

So it was either David's or unrelated. it would be good to see an imange of that the cop holding it up. Might be able to confirm whether it was David's. Still troubled by the fact that earlier they had said nothing was taken.

Edited by bunglebag

Can anyone here contact Hannah's friend and ask if they really had a fight or a row at the bar before they left?

I'm friends with the girls she was with. Does it say there was an argument?
Yes, but the police denied any arguments at the bar, they said it's been checked, nothing like that happen.

On criticisms of the arrests which came quite late, he said it was up to the public how they viewed the police's work while the police are not concerned if the two suspects overturned their statements in court because it is their right but police have sufficient evidence against them.

So hes alluding they may well retract thier confessions....

Aslo bare in mind they have actually let the third suspect now go .... his role is now disregarded.......so we have gone from three involved to just two ...

Now you ask yourself how two hobbits could do this with no noises from the victims and physically overpower both and a man double their size.

The injuries on david clearly show it was one heck of an attack with multiple injuries...all this btw on a whim ............... really ??

Just two ? come on .........its possible of course but imo highly unlikely

Edited by englishoak

Anyone know if a petition is running to demand an independent investigation into this fiasco - all the more so now that friends of Win and Saw claim the police used torture to extract confessions?

Wonder how the friends would know this? More importantly did the police torture the dna out of them?

Had they tortured a confession out of a rich Thai family member whose dna matched, nobody would be complaining.

Are you unaware that the police have been rounding up Burmese (illigal) workers?

Have you any idea how rounding up Burmese workers is processed in Thailand?

Have you never had an issue with police who is always right and you must be wrong?

Never met corrupted police in Thailand or elsewhere?

Doubt police can turn around and produce false evidence? DNA results from an island in 24h for example?

So much bullshit has been produced by the police since the murders occurred, who still believes this crap?

Edited by tartempion

That brings that line to a sudden halt then? So it wasn't Hannah's phone they found in that case.

So it was either David's or unrelated. it would be good to see an imange of that the cop holding it up. Might be able to confirm whether it was David's. Still troubled by the fact that earlier they had said nothing was taken.

video link thaipbs http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsUxOUyUy8. Yes its in Thai but it shows the friend of Hannah handing the phone in. The footage I saw on Channel 7 yesterday at about 7am I cannot find. Is this a conspiracy. They played the clip over and over about 10 times and I clearly saw the apartment of Win and outside thrown into a bus was the mobile phone in an evidence bag which the policeman picked up and showed to the camera.

• Like 1

video link thaipbs http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsUxOUyUy8. Yes its in Thai but it shows the friend of Hannah handing the phone in. The footage I saw on Channel 7 yesterday at about 7am I cannot find. Is this a conspiracy. They played the clip over and over about 10 times and I clearly saw the apartment of Win and outside thrown into a bus was the mobile phone in an evidence bag which the policeman picked up and showed to the camera.

Bush not bus, typo

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?lang=en-GB

Does anyone know where this message about the phone being handed over to the police originated from? I'm speaking of the one from Abigail1989.

I've only seen the screenshots of two statements that she made however, it's obviously part of a longer discussion.

Do we know this Abigail1989 even exists or is she some 50 year old dodgy bloke having a joke at everyone's expense?

As for the photos of the phone on the police officer's desk being the same one pictured with Hannah, it's not possible to tell for certain- I can see some matching characteristics though such as the side clips and the actual phones look like they're pink.

More important is the police have not said the phone they found at the suspects was the same one the initially confiscated the day of the murders. They said they found a victims phone at the suspect place. They did not say Hannah and could have been David's phone or even Hannah's second phone to use in Thailand. There is no picture of the phone police say they recovered from the suspects.

All this debate about the phone is currently nonsense distraction from facts.
Oh yes there is, the morning this news broke I posted on TV that I was watching ch. 7 showing a clip of the arrest of the Myanmar suspects and it showed the phone hidden in a bush in a plastic bag. One police officer display the phone in the bag for the camera.

More pressure applied the greater chance of change

No matter what dog'n'pony show they put on I think we all know it is BS. Push for independent confirmation collected and evaluated OUTSIDE THAILAND.

Oz

The DNA found on the victims was done in Singapore.

That is correct, for all you doubters out there.

The RTP have done a fantastic investigation on this case and I congratulate them. Justice will be served for the tragic victims and their families.

These monsters are already on the doorstep of hell.

Being a parent of three young adult children myself, my sincere heartfelt sympathies go out to the families and everyone else involved with this case.

Hannahs phone was seen on the table the morning after at the police station

David broken phone was also in the hands of the police because there is a video of a policeman putting the battery and back on whilst Chris Ware was with him ( Iphone you cannot take the back off?)

so which phone is supposed to have been found at the suspects residence?

• Like 2

No matter what dog'n'pony show they put on I think we all know it is BS. Push for independent confirmation collected and evaluated OUTSIDE THAILAND.

Oz

The DNA found on the victims was done in Singapore.

That is correct, for all you doubters out there.

The RTP have done a fantastic investigation on this case and I congratulate them. Justice will be served for the tragic victims and their families.

These monsters are already on the doorstep of hell.

Being a parent of three young adult children myself, my sincere heartfelt sympathies go out to the families and everyone else involved with this case.

No they are not, they are sitting in a bar somewhere laughing and joking about how they got off.

Also, it's down to 2 burmese now, not 3!

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=542f9b98be04704f328b458c#.VDBohvmSyaf

Edited by bruceybonus

Opinion here seems pretty sceptical about this latest development and with good cause.

I wonder if the UK authorities or parents of the murdered folks will be able to get a check against the original DNA recovered at the scene.

As a parent I would not be happy to see scapegoats go to jail while the guilty remain free.

If independent (of Thailand) investigators are permitted to take DNA samples from the accused and compare to DNA evidence hopefully collected from Hannah in the UK and there's a positive match then I'll be convinced. Until then, no chance.

Convincing you is not likely a priority for anyone.

Assuring the UK government and the press that a reasonable case is being forwarded to the courts is far more important. Clarifying the case with other foreign governments and tour operators would be next.

Don't be ridiculous. Of course convincing me personally is of no consequence. What a moronic thing to say.

'then I'll be convinced "

Well I'm not a 50 year old man, but I guess I can't prove that. I just posted what I know and you can decide to believe it or not.

Let the rich powerful Thais off the hook and frame innocent Burmese workers instead, good police work BIB, you guys just saved Thailand's reputation..... NOT

Edited by bander

There is now a petition for an independent investigation :- 10000 signatures are needed,still 2,145 NEEDED, it will go to Mark Kent, the UK ambassador to Thailand

Please sign!!!

https://www.change.o....d-miller#share

10.000 PEOPLE HAVE NOW SIGNED THE PETITION !!! YES !!!
You can STILL sign the petition, the more people that sign the better :)
Petitioning The Government of the United Kingdom
Independently investigate the horrific murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller
Petition by
Christopher Harkins
Japan

lol they have an answer for everything , however wrong it may be

wasnt davids phone the broken one?

if it was then this was seen in a clip with the police and chris ware inspecting it

NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY WHETHER IT IS THE TRUTH OR NOT THE RTP CANNOT BE TRUSTED

In today's BP newspaper they say the phone found outside the suspect's home belonged to David Miller.

If this is the case, my view on the guilt of the two suspects has somewhat strengthened.

• Like 1

lol they have an answer for everything , however wrong it may be

wasnt davids phone the broken one?

if it was then this was seen in a clip with the police and chris ware inspecting it

NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY WHETHER IT IS THE TRUTH OR NOT THE RTP CANNOT BE TRUSTED