DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

I find it hard to believe that those two overcame both David and Hannah. More people were involved. Hannah would've made run for her life or at least started screaming and making noise while they were dragging David to the sea. The numbers simply do not add up.

Anything other than your keen deductive skills to back that up?

Multiple scenarios can explain how 2 men could have done this.

Are any of the toxicology reports available. ? I wonder what was in the victims system at the time of death. ? Obviously if they were severely inebriated it would affect their ability to fight back.

We will have to wait until the trial.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is to say the DNA "collected from the British victim" actually is that ? They could simply take some from any one and claim it was found in the scene. Match guaranteed, maybe they can even use only one test and save the money.

It would be quite interesting to see a full time line of the suspects. Including any reports taken by the police at the time of the DNA tests and any early questioning of the suspects.

If the police have such a solid case. Why don't they show everything to the public ?

Who is to say the DNA "collected from the British victim" actually is that ? They could simply take some from any one and claim it was found in the scene. Match guaranteed, maybe they can even use only one test and save the money.

It would be quite interesting to see a full time line of the suspects. Including any reports taken by the police at the time of the DNA tests and any early questioning of the suspects.

If the police have such a solid case. Why don't they show everything to the public ?

It is not the job of the police to present evidence. That is the job of the prosecution.

It is not the job of the police to present evidence. That is the job of the prosecution.
Agreed but they have been volunteering select information the whole investigation. They seem to have kept quiet since so many holes in their investigation have been brought to light.

Agreed but they have been volunteering select information the whole investigation. They seem to have kept quiet since so many holes in their investigation have been brought to light.

Huge mistake to put forward suspects before they were ready to make arrests.

Indeed...

Where it gets complicated is that the brother of Montriwat Tuwichian and therefore the uncle of the alleged rapist and murderer is none other than Voraphan Toovichien, a local mafia politician, Mayor of Koh Tao and also an important member of Section Surat Thani the Democratic Party.

250x298xob_0b20fa_kohtaovoraphan.jpg.pag

The leader of the Democratic Party in the province of Surat Thani (including the island of Koh Tao depends) is none other than Suthep Thaugsuban, the man who created the PDRC and organized the demonstrations given to the army grounds to make a coup.

640x361xob_a7ee9a_kohtaosuthep.jpg.pages

Suthep Thaugsuban of the same yellow bracelet Montriwat Tuwichian on the photo above

Voraphan Toovichien was one of the organizers of the PDRC in the province of Surat Thani and therefore has the support of the military. It would have ordered the police to destroy the condom with the DNA of his nephew and pick up a cigarette butt in an area of ​​the beach where young Burmese were used to play the guitar once their work is completed and claim to have found at the scene of the crime.Then young Burmese were tortured to extract confessions.

Young Burmese have since retracted their statements and asserted that they were tortured.

Nevertheless, they will probably sentenced to death as it is to protect the reputation of a mafia family of Koh Tao.

It's been reported in the news few days after the incident that semen found inside David's as well. Later on, no one talked about this. Now all old news has been removed from websites.

In the first news they did say david was interfered with. I had thought they might have stopped saying that out of respect for the families.

They also said there might have been a ladyboy there. As there was dyed blond hair, and lipstick on one of the cigarettes. There was amountain of evidence, that nobody mentions now.

Have you ever had a conflict with a Thai in a shop. When they say the debate is finished, then it is finished. No more discussion.stop,end,halt. Blank face.

The police have said this is finished.

There will be no more investigation into these young peoples death. Those thugs will go on to rape another day.

I encourage everyone to read the Time.com article at the link below and post comments that note discrepancies and that encouraging US to show support. Encourage US media to take a stand.

http://time.com/3487462/thailand-koh-tao-murders-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-zaw-lin-win-zaw-htun/

The Investigation Into Thailand’s Backpacker Slayings Is Officially a Farce
  • Like 1

This is about to blow up on them,

CNN, TIME, the NY Times, it is building on them like they cannot believe, in fact, they think they can still get away with this

They never expected to see real lawyers come to the defense of the two kids

Every comment they have made has been preserved and observed by international journalists and with the internet, these statements and their absurdity, live forever and expands like the universe,

This is only getting bigger

• Like 2

Have you ever had a conflict with a Thai in a shop. When they say the debate is finished, then it is finished. No more discussion.stop,end,halt. Blank face.

The police have said this is finished.

There will be no more investigation into these young peoples death. Those thugs will go on to rape another day.

Hopefully this proves not to be true this time.

This is about to blow up on them,

CNN, TIME, the NY Times, it is building on them like they cannot believe, in fact, they think they can still get away with this

They never expected to see real lawyers come to the defense of the two kids

Every comment they have made has been preserved and observed by international journalists and with the internet, these statements and their absurdity, live forever and expands like the universe,

This is only getting bigger

They have had a history of not being held accountable. Hopefully this will change things a little.

I have just seen some of the photos.

out of respect i have not looked, but did today. Whoever did that was a very angry man. Even in rape the perpetrator often has sympathy for the victim and covers them or tries to show some empathy for the victim.

But not here. I understand why people say the guy lost face.

He is a very dangerous person, and might do this again.

Keep the pressure up people.

• Like 2

Paradise Lost, great post.

Your last comment is the part which is the most confusing. How high up does this go, when the whole country has to suffer for one island / family which does not normally come on the Thailand radar.

Things changed so quickly from RTP searching for the suspect who had run to BKK and his father and uncle being hauled in for questioning to the complete turnaround and cover up.

Whatever was said in that meeting must have gone a long way up the tree to cause this kind of concerted effort of a cover up.

• Like 1

I have just seen some of the photos.

out of respect i have not looked, but did today. Whoever did that was a very angry man. Even in rape the perpetrator often has sympathy for the victim and covers them or tries to show some empathy for the victim.

But not here. I understand why people say the guy lost face.

He is a very dangerous person, and might do this again.

Keep the pressure up people.

I have only seen close-up of the wounds inflicted on David. Absolutely no doubt in my mind he was stabbed many times, in what must have been a frenzied attack. A psychopath who may have done this before and as you say may attack an innocent again.

Thankfully I have avoided the photos of Hannah. It would be just too distressing, even reading some of the descriptions has been upsetting and I have landed up ignoring anyone discussing in detail.

I do admit, the photos are what galvanized everyone's attention and exposed the farce for what it is. If they had kept it nice and quiet it would still have been a shocking murder but the perpetrators would have been caught and sentenced, and tourism numbers would increase.

Your last comment is the part which is the most confusing. How high up does this go, when the whole country has to suffer for one island / family which does not normally come on the Thailand radar.

Things changed so quickly from RTP searching for the suspect who had run to BKK and his father and uncle being hauled in for questioning to the complete turnaround and cover up.

Whatever was said in that meeting must have gone a long way up the tree to cause this kind of concerted effort of a cover up.

Personally I think the police officer whose name I quoted was the last person actually doing his job. He had no qualms exposing the truth and I think he should possibly be commended for his actions. Not one other person has stood out in this manner, below or above.

I would also like to add that when Gen Prayuth gave comment in Myanmar, he stated words to the effect that "his officers were fully accountable for their actions". This to me is a veiled warning to those lying, however high up in the chain of command...

Personally I think the police officer whose name I quoted was the last person actually doing his job. He had no qualms exposing the truth and I think he should possibly be commended for his actions. Not one other person has stood out in this manner, below or above.

I would also like to add that when Gen Prayuth gave comment in Myanmar, he stated words to the effect that "his officers were fully accountable for their actions". This to me is a veiled warning to those lying, however high up in the chain of command...

Yes, lets hope so.

The officer you refer to got replaced, if I remember rightly. He would be pretty hacked off if he was trying to do his job to the letter of the law and was replaced by someone who, shall we say would "tow the line"

I wonder if there are a team of straight hitters waiting to come in and expose this lot?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What is wrong with people in this forum? You are not happy when there are no suspects, and you are also not happy when there are suspects. Who cares if you believe it or not? Probably more than 100 pages of comments in total have been posted about this subject. What it is good for? It will not change anything at all. I really envy you all, you have a lot of time to waste.

And my 2 cents about why Burmese are probably guilty: Sex is very cheaply available for Thais, and they don't desire farang women at all. No Thai would take the risk of jail time or even death sentence just to have sex. On the other hand, Burmese are saving money, every satang is important to them. So probably they don't have access to cheap sex. Also because of their colonial past, probably they are more into farang women. It makes perfect sense that they were the true suspects.

Several times farang women have been raped (and even 1 has been killed after that) by Thai men.
Just 1 year ago, 4 Thai men kidnapped 2 Russian ladies, raped them.. in Pattaya.

What is wrong with people in this forum? You are not happy when there are no suspects, and you are also not happy when there are suspects. Who cares if you believe it or not? Probably more than 100 pages of comments in total have been posted about this subject. What it is good for? It will not change anything at all. I really envy you all, you have a lot of time to waste.

And my 2 cents about why Burmese are probably guilty: Sex is very cheaply available for Thais, and they don't desire farang women at all. No Thai would take the risk of jail time or even death sentence just to have sex. On the other hand, Burmese are saving money, every satang is important to them. So probably they don't have access to cheap sex. Also because of their colonial past, probably they are more into farang women. It makes perfect sense that they were the true suspects.

And my 2 cents worth in response to yours is what a lorry load of chauvinistic idiotic rubbish! Thankfully people with archaic opinions such as yours are hard to find in this day and age.