Tour de Where? French organizers dismiss claim famous race coming to Thailand

webfact

where do they come up with their material to sprout off all this nonsense...I can imagine a bunch of them sitting in a room at the TAT headquarters: "Oh, how about we try and fabricate a story about _______(insert whatever) and see if the claim sticks!"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They really do live in their own fantasy little world, don't they? lol

Ain't that a fact jack. TAT really does make Thailand and it's people in control look like a bunch of bumbling morons to the world. Who could possibly take any thai person in a position of authority seriously.
  • Like 2

Could TAT organise their own tour?....

"Tour de TAT"......"Tour de Terrific Amount of Talk..".all the TAT staff could ride bikes throughout the length and breadth of Thailand...that way we could all get to look at the B/Shitting idiots that work in this organisation

Do these people actually believe the b.s. they spout on a continual basis?

This is a by-product of Thais not having a "shame" gene... You will hear the wildest BS coming out of their mouths because they know no shame...

• Like 2

Incompetent "leaders", who speak before thinking, will continue to make Thailand the subject of many a joke in the international circus.

I still hope the PM will get it right.

But seems difficult

how can he get competent people who are also Thai?

May be he needs to be more radical than intended to get rid of the scum left over from previous governments.

1 out of 2 ain't bad,after all the French did give Thailand FARANG.

It's just another fairytale actually. This word "farang" was used in Thai language centuries before French came to Siam.

Not according to wikipedia

Then Wikipedia is wrong and I must get round to correcting it.... again.

So - I just checked Wikipedia and the information therein is correct except for the designation "Farang dam" for black people. Every Thai, whether we like it or not, knows they are "khon negro".

So you, Mr Elmer Gantry, are posting false information. Wikipedia good, Elmer Gantry full of nonsense. Farang comes from the Arabic for Frank at least 1,000 years before French arrived in in these waters. Go study.

Edited by dru2

Incompetent "leaders", who speak before thinking, will continue to make Thailand the subject of many a joke in the international circus.

I still hope the PM will get it right.

But seems difficult

how can he get competent people who are also Thai?

May be he needs to be more radical than intended to get rid of the scum left over from previous governments.

What's the old saying,

it's difficult to soar with eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys...

Outrageous claims & lies are becoming the new pass-time for the foreign educated, wannabe hi-so.... wannabe accepted by the civilised world as intelligent but never will be.... wannabe the best country in the world.... thais.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

We should bombard the TAT with emails explaining to them how stupid they look to the rest of the world. Maybe make some recommendations such as finding new TAT employees, some with an education, travel experience and world knowledge.

Edited by Phuketboy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We should bombard the TAT with emails explaining to them how stupid they look to the rest of the world. Maybe make some recommendations such as finding new TAT employees, some with an education, travel experience and world knowledge.

That's a tall order ...I feel that quite a few work permits will have to be approved.

Edited by brizzle