Jomtien Immigration

Hi guys,

I havent been down there for a while. Are they still open on Saturday mornings for extensions ?

One of my friends needs to get a 30 day extension on a visa exempt stamp and might not make it down to Jomtien in time today. His stamp is tomorrow 04th October. If not open tomorrow then do they still let you off the 1/2 days over on the Monday because they were closed or are those days long gone ?

Thanks in advance

The are not open on Saturdays.

You loose nothing by doing them early he could of done it several days ago. The extension starts from the date the entry ends.

If he goes on Monday morning they probably will not charge for an overstay.

• Like 1

You loose nothing by doing them early he could of done it several days ago. The extension starts from the date the entry ends.

Thank you. Hopefully same as before then. Last time i did it myself they didnt use to charge for the 1 day if your stamp expired on the weekend. But saying that mine was a Sunday expiry and not a Saturday.

Edited by stephenwithaph

Thank you. Hopefully same as before then. Last time i did it myself they didnt use to charge for the 1 day if your stamp expired on the weekend. But saying that mine was a Sunday expiry and not a Saturday.

"But saying that mine was a Sunday expiry and not a Saturday."

Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday ... doesn't really matter as long as you show up on the first business day following. As said, there was no point in waiting until the last minute. The extension is added onto the existing permission to stay. No loss of days.