Food court tables

SoiBiker

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it strange that people "reserve" a table by placing umbrellas, plastic bags and ID cards on the table.

I often go to Terminal 21 and many tables at lunch time are "blocked" by people putting their ID cards on the table.

Many of these cards are from nearby banks so I often wonder what would happen if a complete stranger was to grab one of them. Would he/she have access to "closed" departments at the bank?

I sometimes feel like grabbing one and taking it to the Head of Security in the bank.

Back to the topic. I often ask if there is a vacant seat at the table and often the answer is "yes"

I can't get what the OP was looking for. Justification or ridicule?

Just venting, really.

Apologies to anyone who was offended. Bad things happen when you come between a hungry man and his lunch.

Ta. Get it. People including me will post. Daft posts, serious posts? Most are a bit of fun, excellent replies a lot of the time. Some harsh but deserving.

Keep hold of your umbrella.

I find it strange that people "reserve" a table by placing umbrellas, plastic bags and ID cards on the table.

I often go to Terminal 21 and many tables at lunch time are "blocked" by people putting their ID cards on the table.

Many of these cards are from nearby banks so I often wonder what would happen if a complete stranger was to grab one of them. Would he/she have access to "closed" departments at the bank?

I sometimes feel like grabbing one and taking it to the Head of Security in the bank.

Back to the topic. I often ask if there is a vacant seat at the table and often the answer is "yes"

Are you sure? Because apparently it never happens. biggrin.png

Yeah, I was quite surprised by the ID cards, too. I guess people here are quite trusting about that sort of thing.

I think the system makes sense, though - better to do the search for a table beforehand rather than wander around with your lunch going cold.

Kudos to SoiBiker for sticking it out during his thread. Nothing worse than a thread that the OP never replies to.

DITTO -- good on 'ya SoiBiker. A few have been trying to take you down, but you've put up a good counter argument.

Anyway, back to the topic: Food courts are one of the better aspects of life here -- tasty, fresh food at a good price in a community oriented setting. No pretences, what you see is what you get and it's usually just fine. Hey... you can eat pretty well for, what, 100 baht, less? Regarding the seating, I check the place out first to see if getting a seat is going to be a big problem or not; if it's very crowded or the place is full up with brollies, I go somewhere else and come back to the food court another day. I think it's called "going with the flow".

• Like 1

People don't always finish their meals. If you get in fast you could probably get the scraps for free.

don't let the canary fool ya, you might think he's that tight that if he was a ghost he Wundt give you a fright, but your wrong, the mans got a few bob stashed away more than most, he just likes the wind up..

Now the cycling fantasist is going to claim his 'wife' is younger than him, has a PHd in Physics from Oxford, has a dad who owns half of Bangkok, is the Gen... and has never been fwrked by more cocks then bernard Matthews when she's had more semen than the UD navy.....

Lame troll

People don't always finish their meals. If you get in fast you could probably get the scraps for free.

don't let the canary fool ya, you might think he's that tight that if he was a ghost he Wundt give you a fright, but your wrong, the mans got a few bob stashed away more than most, he just likes the wind up..

A few bob stashed away for what? His funeral?

I can get a tasty lunch and a bottle of water for 50 baht. Food courts rock.

Lets consider. Soi Biker is a lowly paid TEFLer who can't afford to be flash with the cash hence he can't even get a woman to stay with im and find him a table.

Then he gets furous with those of us who do have woman here and dare to touch them in public....

Lets consider. Soi Biker is a lowly paid TEFLer who can't afford to be flash with the cash hence he can't even get a woman to stay with im and find him a table.

Then he gets furous with those of us who do have woman here and dare to touch them in public....

Touched a sore nerve, eh, Rottingcorpse?

Touched a sore nerve, eh, Rottingcorpse?

Angry little soul, isn't he?

Odd to call me a fantasist. Eating in a food court is hardly the stuff of fantasy, really.

Why is branding someone as a "TEFLer" becoming more common on this site? Not that I am a EFL teacher, but teaching can be an honorable profession, and there is a real need for English language instruction in Thailand, so why all the put downs about teachers? Surely, there are less salubrious characters and professions among foreigners here or is all about how much money you earn? BTW, there are some VERY well paid teachers here.

Maybe RottingCorpse had problems at school when he was a little boy.

So would you sit at a table that has 4 half eaten plates of food at it ? Or could it be a seat saving practice ?

So would you sit at a table that has 4 half eaten plates of food at it ? Or could it be a seat saving practice ?

Yes - although they're rarely there for long. The table clearing staff are pretty on the ball.

There are employees at the food courts who can clear the tables for you. Simple.

I don't think many Thai people would leave good food uneaten. This is probably mainly done by people with names like RottingCorpse whose wife cannot stand to spoon feed him because she can't speak enough English because he refuses to pay for her EFL lessons.

I don't think many Thai people would leave good food uneaten. This is probably mainly done by people with names like RottingCorpse whose wife cannot stand to spoon feed him because she can't speak enough English because he refuses to pay for her EFL lessons.

boy he sure musta hammered you at some point! lol

boy he sure musta hammered you at some point! lol

Not really.