Has anyone seen these in the shops?

Guderian

fr_504_size880.jpg

Paratha flatbreads from Malaysia. An absolutely excellent product and perfect with a curry. Tesco had a stock of the plain and onion parathas a while back which seemed to sell quite well from what I saw but now for weeks they've been out of stock.

Has anyone seen them in any of the other stores or supermarkets around town? Thanks for any info that leads me to them!

Guderian Have you tried requesting an order with Tesco. It took a year & a half for Big C to keep uncle Tom's Rum stocked after going to BKK & showing them Pictures of 26 bottles of Uncle Tom's rum they realized that all they had to do was call the supplier & problem fixed. Like Morehouse horseradish it is only stocked once in a while at Foodland only.If you can't find keep on pestering Tesco & give them a promise of an order & see how it goes.....but it really takes persistence up here in LOS. If it isn't a sale-able item for them they may just tell you it is discontinued by Tesco or just lie to your face & say no hab which is pretty common in LOS

Good luck on your food quest.I pick up 15 kilo's of foodstock when I am in the U.S. That way I don't get the no have can't do.

Thanks for the replies. I've never seen them in either Makro or Friendship but I've got to pop over to Friendship this morning so I'll check it out again.

Failing that I'll try bugging Tesco to order some more. They seemed to sell quite well when they had them, the onion version disappeared very quickly. I'm surprised they didn't get some more given their evident popularity, but maybe restocking the freezer with parathas all the time was deemed to be too much work so they didn't bother.

I can confirm they had a few of this brand (flavoured) in Friendship this morning. In the freezers above the pork chops, back left of the shop. There is another brand called Mediterranean Bread or something like that that are just as good. The stock them most of the time but very occasionally they do run out.

I can confirm they had a few of this brand (flavoured) in Friendship this morning. In the freezers above the pork chops, back left of the shop. There is another brand called Mediterranean Bread or something like that that are just as good. The stock them most of the time but very occasionally they do run out.

Thanks for the info. I'll be over there in an hour or so.

Good luck to you in your hunt. Tesco, and other shops can be quite irritating at times with products.

An example, I started buying small pizza's at Tesco (small store bottom of SCC road). Suddenly they stopped selling them. When I asked why, it was the usual shrug of the shoulders and 'finished' with a smile. The strange thing was these were 'own brand' pizza's. This seems to happen loads of times in different stores - to all of us I suspect.

Good luck to you in your hunt. Tesco, and other shops can be quite irritating at times with products.

An example, I started buying small pizza's at Tesco (small store bottom of SCC road). Suddenly they stopped selling them. When I asked why, it was the usual shrug of the shoulders and 'finished' with a smile. The strange thing was these were 'own brand' pizza's. This seems to happen loads of times in different stores - to all of us I suspect.

Yes indeed, that's my experience too. A year or two back the Tesco Lotus store on Sukhumvit stocked (over time anyway) quite a range of Tesco's Finest curry sauces. I enjoyed Rogan Josh, Balti, Jalfrezei and Tikka Masala. This is a top quality product that wasn't too expensive, much better in my opinion than Patak's or other imports. Then they dropped most of the range and were only stocking the Jalfrezei sauce. This year I haven't seen any of their own-brand curry sauces in that store at all. A shame as it really was a great product.

Thanks for the replies. I've never seen them in either Makro or Friendship but I've got to pop over to Friendship this morning so I'll check it out again.

Failing that I'll try bugging Tesco to order some more. They seemed to sell quite well when they had them, the onion version disappeared very quickly. I'm surprised they didn't get some more given their evident popularity, but maybe restocking the freezer with parathas all the time was deemed to be too much work so they didn't bother.

Do you fry or microwave them?

Just pop it in a hot frying pan (no oil needed) and cook it on medium-high heat for 60-90 seconds a side. Quick and easy.

Just pop it in a hot frying pan (no oil needed) and cook it on medium-high heat for 60-90 seconds a side. Quick and easy.

Same here, just wondered.