Would you wear a tourist wristband?

BKK Blues Brother

Would you wear a tourist wrist band?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thailand’s image as a tourist paradise has been badly damaged by the brutal murders.

Thailand on Tuesday announced plans to give tourists wristbands carrying their personal details and install more surveillance cameras and better lighting in major tourist areas.

Under the scheme hotels will distribute the wristbands to new arrivals. “If anything happens to them we will then know their names, nationality and hotel,” said Arnuparp Gaesornsuwan, director general of the Department of Tourism told AFP.

It's nice to know i will be identified if i am murdered and the wrist band is not taken from me, WHAT DO YOU THINK!!

I'm not a tourist, but if I were I wouldn't want to be readily identified as one.

I WOULD carry some form of tourist ID card with my hotel and ID details on it if it meant I didn't have to lug my passport around all day.

• Like 1

Sort of a " long termer " I.D. card with all your details on it that was approved by the Immigration and could be used for our extensions etc.

Man wouldn't that be easier.

Edited by NE1