Foreign Brands To Enter Thai Beer Market

george

Maybe Ill have to get a new refrigiration device,,,,, My old lady keeps trying to put food in ours....

LOL!! :o

I with you on the vodka tutsi but I generally buy Finlandia. Price between 480-520 for 750ml. Almost identical to Absolute in my view and you get more for less.

The best I've had so far is Grey Goose which I bought from the Duty Free coming in to Don Muang (next to the baggage claim). 1,380 a litre and quite simply, superb. Distilled in France in only small batches. Try it if you get the chance.

A large vodka with a generous squeeze of lime topped up with soda, helps one get through these face meltingly hot days.

:D

Got a bottle of Grey Goose in Food Land, I think it was 1500 Baht, but the best i've seen in bangkok!

walked into Villa Ambassador yesterday and noticed 45 baht bottles of Tsi Tao Chinese beer (however you spell it) so I bought one having never tried the stuff. Really horrible tasting brew

Other bargain basement offerings included:

Guinness can: 203 baht

Corona: 110 baht

Outdated Bud: 110 baht

Miller Lite and GD way outdated: 89 baht

Some German garbage called Naturub: 119 baht

That store is a high holy ripoff on all farang products. How on earth do they stay in business?

Edited by Beavis and Butthead

I've got to tell you that I used to drink 6 beers a day in my home country and now drink zero beers per day in thailand. Why? The taste of beer in this country is nasty in my opinion. I won't drink a thai brewed beer. This country needs to get with the program and allow imports to be sold at a reasonable price. 180 baht for a Guiness and 110 for a Bud does not cut it. Go to most any country and get a beer variety. Go to thailand and get same old 10 thai brands. Scuse me I gotta get sick now

look chang is undrinkable, taste is dirty

Singha is drinkable (I am not telling anything like that it is good) but I get bad headache from it.

San Mig is OK, but to tasty for me, I prefer the San Mig light

And to my surprise if it is very cold Beer Leo is drinkable and minimal hangover.

But yes in Thailand you don't drink beer for fun, it is really an hard and ugly job.

Wine is not good but expensive....

I've got to tell you that I used to drink 6 beers a day in my home country and now drink zero beers per day in thailand. Why? The taste of beer in this country is nasty in my opinion. I won't drink a thai brewed beer. This country needs to get with the program and allow imports to be sold at a reasonable price. 180 baht for a Guiness and 110 for a Bud does not cut it. Go to most any country and get a beer variety. Go to thailand and get same old 10 thai brands. Scuse me I gotta get sick now

look chang is undrinkable, taste is dirty

Singha is drinkable (I am not telling anything like that it is good) but I get bad headache from it.

San Mig is OK, but to tasty for me, I prefer the San Mig light

And to my surprise if it is very cold Beer Leo is drinkable and minimal hangover.

But yes in Thailand you don't drink beer for fun, it is really an hard and ugly job.

Wine is not good but expensive....

I'll go along with those statements

Tiger is my tipple of choice.

Heineken I drink when out about town cos it won't make me fall over too quickly.

San Mig is okay, same with Light.

Asahi is okay.

Phuket beer is alright but flipping expensive.

Kloster is alright.

Red Horse, Blue Ice, Beer Thai too strong.

Chang gives me changovers but the draft tastes nice.

Leo ain't great but better than Singha (nasty, nasty stuff)

Singha and Chang Light are jokes.

And Cheers is the WORST BEER IN THE WORLD!

The Merry Wives of Windsor, Act III, Scene V

ACT IIISCENE V A room in the Garter Inn.

Enter FALSTAFF and BARDOLPH

FALSTAFF: Bardolph, I say,--

BARDOLPH: Here, sir.

FALSTAFF: Go fetch me a quart of sack; put a toast in't.

Asahi in the UK is brewed in the Czech Republic.

Ahhhh Czech beer. :D

Kozel

Pilsner Urquell

Then there's the Polich Zyweic.

German Beck's, Paulaner and Lowenbrau

Madonna's favourite in the UK 'Timothy Taylor's Landlord'

Old Speckled Hen

Hopback Summer Lightning

etc etc etc

Of course there is nothing like a cold Guinness brewed in Eire.

Anybody feeling thirsty ?

:o