RR Wraith's invading CM

junglechef

Ok I only saw one but since there having been equally boring threads on Lambo sighting etc here I thought I'd better spruce up the title a bit.

But a Rolls Royce Wraith cruising down Nimm is pretty awesome! Cost $300,000 ($470,000 for the drophead) in the US so can only imagine the sticker price here. I think the next time I win the lottery (the first two times I spent all the money at Soi Cowboy) that would be what I'd be driving.

It had red plates and was painted black, as most often, and in my mind look better, they are two tone. Also usually the more flashy the better here so a bit surprising taking that into consideration too. It was very dirty, not carrying any cleaning staff in the boot for such times? Sorry no pic as I was driving myself but attached are a few stock photos.

http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/wraith/

post-101742-0-00321000-1412381761_thumb.

post-101742-0-79946000-1412381849_thumb.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Say $400k x 32 baht x 300% import tax, whaaaa, that's THB 38.5 mill.!

I'll have two please.

Two please.

Many years back my Thai boss went home after work and at midnight in the pillow talk

conversation he told his wife he had that day ordered the most expensive BMW available in Thailand.

His wife's response "I want one too".

Hubby found the business card of the salesman and at midnight called the guy and said 'change the order

to two and stated the colours required'.

I guess the salesman was not concerned about getting the late call.

The article states

On the other side of the ledger, people with more than Bt10 million in bank accounts make up just 0.1 per cent of the population. But they own 46.5 per cent of national assets when assessed on overall value.

I don't think that has much to do with a 38 million baht car. It takes cash to buy the car not an asset. Just goes to show you how rich some people are. It takes a lot of assets to allow one to have that kind of cash laying around.

Is there Justice, or "Fairness" in this life, or is that just something people made up?

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.---Matthew 7:27

On the other hand:

For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Mark 4:25

Were you all fooled?

This is Thailand the land of counterfeit stuff.

What you saw was a fake RR.

Probably only cost 1 to 2 million at best.

I might be fooled on some product, a fake thumb drive or women (rolleyes.gif ) but a knock off Roller can't get by me.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me!

or my Thai version

Fool me once, you make me lose face. Fool me twice you make me lose face face!

The article states

On the other side of the ledger, people with more than Bt10 million in bank accounts make up just 0.1 per cent of the population. But they own 46.5 per cent of national assets when assessed on overall value.

I don't think that has much to do with a 38 million baht car. It takes cash to buy the car not an asset. Just goes to show you how rich some people are. It takes a lot of assets to allow one to have that kind of cash laying around.

There are some extremely rich (students)in Thailand!!

<link removed>

Forum rule 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Edited by onthedarkside
link removed

The article states

What to think about 25 milion baht for only a licenseplate!!!!

http://www.samuitimes.com/25-million-baht-license-plate-acquired-university-student-auction/