Comfort Suite Bangkok

Isabellla

HOw's nowadays? Is just for a overnight due to early flight to Phuket

The Comfort Suite is alright but in the same price range, I prefer the Asia Airport hotel.

Would u like to tell me why?

I read some bad reviews of Asia Airport HOtel such as no a/c in the restaurant and the corridors,limited service, the rooms are very old,worn and smell bad.

I read some bad reviews of Asia Airport HOtel such as no a/c in the restaurant and the corridors,limited service, the rooms are very old,worn and smell bad.

From my own experience, I've found the rooms at the Comfort Suite to be more run-down than the Asia Airport. The Asia Airport sits atop a shopping complex and across the highway from a Carrefour which is a plus in my opinion, especially if there for a meal and you don't want hotel restaurant food. The Asia Airport also seems to experience less noise from planes. You are right though, the corridors at the Asia Airport are not air-conditioned but I do not recollect the restaurant being non A/C.

From my own experience, I've found the rooms at the Comfort Suite to be more run-down than the Asia Airport. The Asia Airport sits atop a shopping complex and across the highway from a Carrefour which is a plus in my opinion, especially if there for a meal and you don't want hotel restaurant food. The Asia Airport also seems to experience less noise from planes. You are right though, the corridors at the Asia Airport are not air-conditioned but I do not recollect the restaurant being non A/C.

Thanks for the reply.How can we reach Carrefour?It;s a good idea since I would like to go there . :o

I have only ever once stayed at the Comfort Suites at it was far from pleaseant due to room being run down in every way including extensively stained carpets and absolute basic furniture and would certainly not recommend it to anyone. I have never used the other hotel under discussion.

I have only ever once stayed at the Comfort Suites at it was far from pleaseant due to room being run down in every way including extensively stained carpets and absolute basic furniture and would certainly not recommend it to anyone. I have never used the other hotel under discussion.

In a way, you can't blame management for allowing the Comfort Suites to become run-down over the years. With the opening of the new airport being touted as real soon now for some time, why would one want to invest big baht in maintaining that hotel property when it will become useless the day that the new airport does finally open?

Edited by ovenman

We used to use the Comfort Suites reguarly, about two or three times a year. Then one day they accused us of stealing peanuts from the mini-bar, eating them, then putting the half-eaten packet under the matress. They ranted and raved at us, so we paid for the nuts, and have never been back.

Funnily enough a story on similar lines happened to us in the hotel we used to use a lot in Pattaya, " The Siam Bayview".

We never use the mini-bar at any hotel, I prefer to drink milk at night, so when we checked out the next morning the bar was checked, and we were charged for three bottles of soft drinks, I challenged the bill. It turns out the three bottles had exploded in the fridge, due to a malfunction, and the managment said it was our fault because the fridge was too cold. Anyway, it was in the middle of Cobra Gold, so the Hotel was filled with G.I.'s and they made us look like real crooks in front of everybody. I ended up throwing 200 baht at them. Of course that is one more "regular' hotel we will not be using again.

We used to use the Comfort Suites reguarly, about two or three times a year. Then one day they accused us of stealing peanuts from the mini-bar, eating them, then putting the half-eaten packet under the matress. They ranted and raved at us, so we paid for the nuts, and have never been back.

Funnily enough a story on similar lines happened to us in the hotel we used to use a lot in Pattaya, " The Siam Bayview".

We never use the mini-bar at any hotel, I prefer to drink milk at night, so when we checked out the next morning the bar was checked, and we were charged for three bottles of soft drinks, I challenged the bill. It turns out the three bottles had exploded in the fridge, due to a malfunction, and the managment said it was our fault because the fridge was too cold. Anyway, it was in the middle of Cobra Gold, so the Hotel was filled with G.I.'s and they made us look like real crooks in front of everybody. I ended up throwing 200 baht at them. Of course that is one more "regular' hotel we will not be using again.

Thanks for your review.

• 4 weeks later...
HOw's nowadays? Is just for a overnight due to early flight to Phuket

Actually, it is now called Airport Suites. While some of the rooms (and showers) are disappointing and there's not much of a restaurant its close proximity to the airport makes it acceptable for a short overnight stay.

Stayed there last April. Room smelled like cigarettes . I

As I was saying before I jettisoned myself....The room was otherwise clean and suitable for my purposes which was about a 24 hour layover before flying to Chiang Mai. They have a breakfast and a little convenience store too. It is real convenient though to the airport if that's your criteria.

I drove by the hotel last week and noticed that the "Comfort Suites" has been covered over. Maybe they are no longer a franchise of Comfort Suites? I think the only name showing on the sign was next to the highway was "Suites".

Wonder if they dropped the franchise or the franchiser dropped them?