Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Never mind boiling water - this whole farcical debacle makes my blood boil.

There is SO much evidence to suggest that these 2 migrant workers are NOT the killers, that I'm surprised that some international agency hasn't stepped in to set this to rights.

However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly.

Oh God in heaven above - please bring justice to this case - expose the truth and in the process, please help Thailand to WAKE THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you commit a crime, you must pay the consequences. You may think you can escape scot-free right now - but believe you me, it will always come around in the end.

But hey - the Thai's know that, right?

They're Buddhist, so they must. They live by the laws of Karma, which they believe in stoically, right?

Someone? Anyone? Please tell me I'm right??!

You could be right, it is really easy to tamper with DNA samples. Especially when the original ones exist outside the country.

I wish some people would think before they write this stuff.

So you think that the DNA is still good and intact? I am relieved.

I just wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

• Like 1

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.

... unless there was some scenario that the girl had been propositioned earlier by a wealthy Thai and refused with the resultant outcome but I don't think applies.

Your second reasoning. It makes perfect sense that a high so rich kid that is used to getting laid whenever he wants DOES go into a frenzy when this girl rejects his advances and is then stood up for buy another man. His face has been broken in public and he's no doubt fond of booze and drugs himself.

I will say once again that there is no scenario of which I am aware that the female victim was approached as described in 'my second reasoning'.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Translated by my wife!

"The truth come out. The Bermy throw phone behind their room but hannahs friend said she is the person who gave phone to police."

So the police lied

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

This might help to answer your question one. It is the victims phone been handed over to police as stated by her friend.

post-91790-0-35382000-1412405151_thumb.j

The police were looking for an Asian male suspect around 5' 6" / 170cm as seen on the CCTV footage. The two Burmese guys look around 5' to 5' 2" / 152 to 155cm. The guy in the video looks more like the infamous son related to the AC Bar. I believe this is his facebook page and picture and his hair is very similar to the guy in the video. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2516699513748&set=a.2420685713463.2110155.1141026870&type=3&theater

The Burmese guy's sideburns swoop down and towards the back of the head while the Thai 'son's' sideburns swoop down and towards the front of the face - same as the enhanced picture shown the media.

if someone could figure out the height of the suspects and of the 'son' then they could possibly calculate the height by going to the exact spot shown on the video where he is walking by. Measure where the person stood and measure how high up the door/window the heads measures to and then you could determine if it was the Burmese guy or of the son. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1ojIZ_Ags

• Like 2

"Koh Tao’s tourist trade has been badly hit since the horrific murders on September 15."

This reveals more than any of the evidence as to why these two men have been caught, judged and practically sentenced. Thailand is safe and Thai people are not dangerous. It's those pesky illegal immigrants who sneak across the border who cause all the problems. "Come Back To the LOS"...You are safe now!!!

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 2

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

This might help to answer your question one. It is the victims phone been handed over to police as stated by her friend.

Regarding question # 3, if this is indeed a stitch up, the police would require the DNA of the real perps to get their match, as mentioned earlier the samples have been sent to Singapore so no chance of manipulating them, only way to get a match is to have samples from the killers so maybe they have given samples just not publicly.

Regarding question # 3, if this is indeed a stitch up, the police would require the DNA of the real perps to get their match, as mentioned earlier the samples have been sent to Singapore so no chance of manipulating them, only way to get a match is to have samples from the killers so maybe they have given samples just not publicly.

relatives of prominent families refused to give DNA, an act which would have immediately cleared them of suspicion.

I can think of 2 reasons not to give DNA, one obvious - they did it and the 2nd is it may have been able to link them to other past or future crimes as usually DNA records are held on file.

• Like 2

Proverbs 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Evil men will be rewarded, one way or the other. God will reward wicked men with grief, pain, and death. He will cut their lives off and send their souls down to eternal torment.

This verse is the second half of a proverb. Here is the first half: “Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked” (Pr 24:19). You should not worry or be jealous watching evil men prosper; God will not allow them to have a good ending.

When Solomon wrote here that an evil man will have no reward, he meant a good reward; he meant blessing and favor from heaven. God will not reward evil men with such good things – He will reward them with punishment to painfully destroy them, as stated in the last clause. God will put out their candle: He will end their wicked lives.

may this happen and may all evil ghosts assist

Todays re-enactment was greeted with dismay around the world.

A tourist was chosen to play 24-year-old David while a female TV journalist took the role of Hannah.

Maybe it was actually the first soap rewritten by the good general, returning happiness to the Thai people

Really? You think this tragedy is the place to come out with your anti govt rhetoric?

> ... Koh Tao’s tourist trade has been badly hit since the horrific murders on September 15.

Jaktip Chaijinda, deputy head of national police, said a quick resolution of the case would result in a speedy recovery of tourist numbers.

He went on: “Today the case should be finished. We want to clear it up as soon as possible so our tourist industry can bounce back.” ...<

Well now, who would have guessed ... that about says it all ...

• Like 2

relatives of prominent families refused to give DNA, an act which would have immediately cleared them of suspicion.

I can think of 2 reasons not to give DNA, one obvious - they did it and the 2nd is it may have been able to link them to other past or future crimes as usually DNA records are held on file.

and a third reason so the police cannot be seen as too switching the samples,you don't think the police need a sample from the real perps to corroborate the DNA match found on the victim?where would they get that sample from?

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.
... unless there was some scenario that the girl had been propositioned earlier by a wealthy Thai and refused with the resultant outcome but I don't think applies.

One of the very earliest stories, after the murders became known, stated that Hanna was being hit upon by a Thai man (men?) and that David intervened to rescue her.

Right there is your motive... LOSS OF <deleted> FACE.

Congratulations. Case solved. If that was the case though there would have multiple witnesses to such event in a bar and they have not come forward to identify the spurned hitter.

I have only said what makes sense and what makes less sense.

Edited by metisdead