Two men shot by gunmen on motorbikes

Lite Beer

Two men shot by gunmen on motorbikes
Eakkapop Thongtub

1412401589_1.jpg

Prasert Jantip being taken to Vachira Hospital.

PHUKET: -- Two young men were wounded – one seriously – in a drive-by shooting that took place in the early hours of this morning (October 4).

Eight suspects are now being sought by Thalang police.

The gunmen, whose faces were covered up and who were arrived on four motorbikes, are reported to have pulled up to four men who were drinking in front of a house in Moo Baan Lipon, and then started shooted at them.

Two were hit. Prasert Jantip, 35, was shot twice, on his left arm one time and on his right thigh. The other victim, Wanthana Seepsak, 18, was shot in the his face and is currently in a coma.

Rescuers rushed both victims to Vachira hospital.

Prasert told police that he and his friends were drinking when the four gunmen drove by, then circled back and start shooting. "We ran to different directions as soon as the guns started blazing. I was hit and we called for help after the suspects stopped firing and fled." Prasert said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-men-shot-by-gunmen-on-motorbikes-48995.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-04

Another day in Thailand, another shooting story.

If it is not a road accident, it will definitely be a shooting incident.

But can't complain, I still have a wonderful life here.

Just get depressed when I read news like that.

I'm sure gangs are taking potshots at each other back in Greece too, mate.

I know it happens in Australia.

For some reason the English language media and social media here write these incidents up as if it's the beginning of a total breakdown in law and order in Thailand.

I'm convinced there is less serious crime here, for it's population, than in most of the places we expats come from.

(I'm not playing down the recent horrific murders, but similar happen in the west as well)

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

I must lead a sheltered life, been living in Thailand on and off for about 9 years now and apart from some pretty nasty road accidents have rarely seen anything worth writing home about.

Four years in Chiang Rai and about five in Chiang Mai now, never been to Pataya, Phukhet or Samui may have something to do with it.

But ever since coming to Thailand I have done the same as I did in other countries I have been to - Don't invite danger by getting wasted and staggering home alone late at night etc.

When I go back to work in Australia I feel I hear as much about violent crime, if not more, than I do in Thailand.

Crime related stories always get a lot of attention here on TVF mainly because the resident Thai bashing trolls go crazy over them. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

For some reason the English language media and social media here write these incidents up as if it's the beginning of a total breakdown in law and order in Thailand.

I'm convinced there is less serious crime here, for it's population, than in most of the places we expats come from.

(I'm not playing down the recent horrific murders, but similar happen in the west as well)

I assume you are an Aussie. In which case you may be interested to know the Thai murder rate is five times that in Oz. Thai law and order has never broken down. It has simply never existed. We aliens are living in a bubble. Pays to keep your head down..

Edited by metisdead
Reply repaired, Please learn to make your post outside the quote box.
  • Like 1

I never read such news in my country. It simply does not happen.

So you think Canada so much better than Greece or Australia.?

I visited Greece some 8 times, 6 weeks at a time, Athens, the islands, Crete where more bad things might happen, compared to Athens where people are certainly more educated.

Never heard of such a thing there either.

But Greeks in the islands do shoot at things like road signs in low season, winter that is.

I assume you are an Aussie. In which case you may be interested to know the Thai murder rate is five times that in Oz. Thai law and order has never broken down. It has simply never existed. We aliens are living in a bubble. Pays to keep your head down..

Interesting point you bring up regarding the murder rate in Thailand compared to Australia. In fact all forms of crime probably have a higher rate in Thailand compared to some of the more "law abiding" countries our fellow TV members hail from. The road fatality rate is much higher in Thailand than most countries.

Which makes me wonder, why so many foreigners come to live in such a dangerous place, knowing it is so much more dangerous than their home countries ? Then they spend all their spare time holed up in their cheap hotel rooms posting negative comments on TV about Thailand. But I suppose it is all they can do, after all it is too risky to go outside.

But the worst ones are the 30 day tourists who do one or two trips to Bangkok sitting in bars then go home and post nasty comments about the country.

Regarding the op, I am not sure why this drive-by shooting incident even made the news, unfortunately it happens every day here as well as all over the world.

If there was such a thing as poetic justice these cowardly scumbags would be run over by large trucks.

• Like 2

It's true - you are as likely to be murdered in Thailand as you are in the USA. That's super-scary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

(Murders per 100,000 people)

Thailand 5.0

Australia 1.1

United States 4.7

Brazil 25.2

And did you know that Oz has a murder rate four times higher than Japan?

Japan 0.3

Australia must be really dangerous too. I'm never going there.

Edited by nkg
  • Like 1

That's why I don't usually read the news on Thaivisa - it's usually sensationalist and depressing.

If Thaivisa changed the kind of stories they reported, me and many others would spend more time on this website.

• Like 1

It's true - you are as likely to be murdered in Thailand as you are in the USA. That's super-scary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

(Murders per 100,000 people)

Thailand 5.0

Australia 1.1

United States 4.7

Brazil 25.2

And did you know that Oz has a murder rate four times higher than Japan?

Japan 0.3

Australia must be really dangerous too. I'm never going there.

and don't me started on the sharks, crocodiles, spiders, scorpions, jellyfish, ants and ATO officials...................biggrin.png

• Like 1