Jaipur Vs Agra

fredjohnson00

I am planning to travel to India but i am confused in choosing between Agra and Jaipur.

I have read some articles about the history of 2 places and love it so much.

Unfortunately, i will travel to India on march 2015 for business purpose i'll not be having much time to spend 2 days at both the places.

Which one should be visited first? I have to book my tickets via LetsFlyCheaper only.

Advice will be appreciated.

taj_mahal_wallpaper_a7ca1.jpgAmber-Fort-In-Jaipur.jpg

Obviously in Agra, you have the Taj Mahal. Truly one of the wonders of the world. And IMHO, a must see. Jaipur was OK, but the Taj truly shines. Plus, there are a few other things to see in Agra.

My vote would be for Agra if you only have a few days.

I'd say Agra too, try to get a boat to see the Taj from the water and visit the controversial "Black Taj" site which is a nice way to enjoy the Taj away from the tourist mobs .

The Agra/Red Fort is very impressive too and worth a visit.

I agree- and visit 'Baby Taj' while there and Tomb of Akbar the great.

And to avoid Delhi Belly, eat bread not rice. I found that out to late from a nurse, but here is such a great choice of breads. And the rice that got me was in a 5 star hotel- been hanging around in a warm kitchen I guess.

As far as the towns go, Jaipur is more pleasent IMO (if that is possible in India), but the Taj Mahal really is worth to spend a day in Agra. Go there on different times of the day, the most beautiful man made thing I have ever seen.

I was there when there was talk of the plague in India, so no other tourists, really magnificent.

Oh, and please reduce photos to a more reasonable size, this way it really screws up the lay-out.

• 2 weeks later...