Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

If the comment of ' exemplary professionalism ' alleged to have been made by the British Ambassador is true the embassy will try to dance around our complaints as Kent will not be too keen on having to reverse his gushing position by making demands.

Can i suggest that pressure needs to be put on the Foreign Office to demand answers from the embassy and tell them to get on with things. Kent and his staff may ignore us but London is an entirely different matter. Unfortunately there's so much going on elsewhere to distract the British media as their pressure too would carry an even bigger voice.

I apologise to the Brit's but I did not like the look of or actions of your Ambassador to Thailand. He appears dark within and out and looked disinterested.

Hes cut from the same corrupt cloth as the establishment in Thailand, he has got a cushty posting no doubt ith a vast salary, pension and expenses ... his job is to show a presence and not rock the boat.

• Like 2

That punch blade thingie is a nasty weapon. Particularly at night when you don't know it's coming. A guy swings at your head and if he connects, instead of a blow to the head, you get a 1 inch deep / 1 inch wide puncture in your skull or neck (where major arteries are, and serious bad guys would know that). Looking at the diagram of wounds to David, most of the hits (v. possibly by punch blade) are by a leftie are on the right side of his neck. Who would have such a weapon? Well, anyone could buy one, but a policeman/tough guy would be someone likely to have such a weapon and know how to use it most effectively. Now consider for a moment, Sean's photo of the two men he says threatened him the morning after the crime. Both were tough guys and friends with each other. One is a local cop. The cop has not been DNA tested and can't be a suspect because he's a cop. Connect the dots.

upon further reflection, the murderer with a weapon like that could have been right handed if he attacked from the David's rear. That would fit my scenario (mentioned in an earlier post) of David first being diverted by a friend of the rapist, and then going to the aid of Hanna and possibly being attacked from the back while doing so.

blade.jpg

Edited by boomerangutang

>>> If all the top brass of military and police want a certain result (Burmese found guilty) than what jurors or judges are going to stand up to that?

The defense lawyers have the right to ask for a counter DNA test, and I'm sure that they will do this in this case.

If the results of the DNA test don't match, then no juror or judge will sentence the suspects. Even not in Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

>>> If all the top brass of military and police want a certain result (Burmese found guilty) than what jurors or judges are going to stand up to that?

The defense lawyers have the right to ask for a counter DNA test, and I'm sure that they will do this in this case.

If the results of the DNA test don't match, then no juror or judge will sentence the suspects. Even not in Thailand

Pardon me for being a cynical, but that assumes...

>>> attorneys will be allowed for the Burmese. We still don't know that yet. The OP merely states that a Human Rights group is trying to get that arranged. Until that happens, the Burmese have zero counsel.

>>> it also assumes that proper legal procedures will be allowed to take place. Remember, whatever attorneys step in to the ring are facing off against the entire weight of the police and military, not to mention a powerful family on the island. It's a military run government and tourism is the #1 source of outside money for Thailand.

I dearly hope justice will be done. Additionally, if the establishment's case crumbles, imagine the giant loss of face for all those top brass who are so certain (in their public declarations, anyway) of the Burmeses' guilt, and who may be shown to have used torture and/or planted evidence. It could topple careers of some important Thais. And then there are the others who were suspects during the first 10 days, who have since been exonerated. The stakes are rising, and lawyers have been 'offed' in lesser cases.

I am referring to the date stamped Thai security cameras of the rich Thai kid that was taking an exam at university the day of the murders.

You may wish to look into the credibility of the evidence that you are highlighting - and not just drink the crap they are putting out?

Do you really think two migrant workers with nothing, who were in a foreign country where they didn't have proper command over the language would commit this terrible crime for apparently no reason, you know, just ruin everything that one night....just because?

I think as has been mentioned a gazillion times, the actual wounds on the victims are so terrible and so strongly suggest that this was not a random act of violence - this had something far more substantial that motivated the killers....motivation I simply don't believe the 2 migrant workers have been claimed to have had.

Other serious concerns John, before you go off believing all the 'evidence'.

1. The crime scene was seriously contaminated from the beginning

2. Certain people were allowed to refuse DNA testing, others were not

3. Like it or not, the island is run by 5 families and they say what goes

4. There would be no chance for these Myanmar men to get a fair trial in the US/UK etc due to certain official's comments and the rest

5. Quite clearly someone was very very very angry with the David and Hannah, and had means to do something about it

I hope the truth comes out to provide closure for the families - scapegoats don't provide closure.

I'm sorry, although I don't THINK (meaning personal feeling) the Burmese committed these horrendous crimes, BUT what you are postings had no basis.

A. "Do you really think two migrant workers with nothing, who were in a foreign country where they didn't have proper command over the language would commit this terrible crime for apparently no reason, you know, just ruin everything that one night....just because?"

Ummm... we don't know, we weren't there, we are not them. Nobody, except the killer(s), knows why they did it.

1. "The crime scene was seriously contaminated from the beginning"

Fair and valid point, but it depends what evidence they are using from the crime scene.

2."Certain people were allowed to refuse DNA testing, others were not"

It's not a crime to refuse a DNA test - I wouldn't give one the RTP, would you trust them with a sample of your DNA?

3. "Like it or not, the island is run by 5 families and they say what goes"

All of Thailand is run by corrupt people, from the top down to the local BIB.

4."There would be no chance for these Myanmar men to get a fair trial in the US/UK etc due to certain official's comments and the rest"

Crimes and even murders are reported in the US / UK on a daily basis (alleged to have committed a crime). If someone is charged with a crime in the 'west' the public think they are guilty, until a court finds them otherwise - this is just a fact of life.

5. "Quite clearly someone was very very very angry with the David and Hannah, and had means to do something about it"

Why were the "very very very angry" with them? What do you base that statement on. Yes they were murdered, nobody knows the reasons why.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pardon me for being a cynical, but that assumes...

>>> attorneys will be allowed for the Burmese. We still don't know that yet. The OP merely states that a Human Rights group is trying to get that arranged. Until that happens, the Burmese have zero counsel.

With a comment like that I think I don't feel the need to reply to you again on this subject.

I can't believe that moderators allow people who's only intention obviously is to instigate conspiracy theories to continue to post in this thread.

That punch blade thingie is a nasty weapon. Particularly at night when you don't know it's coming. A guy swings at your head and if he connects, instead of a blow to the head, you get a 1 inch deep / 1 inch wide puncture in your skull or neck (where major arteries are, and serious bad guys would know that). Looking at the diagram of wounds to David, most of the hits (v. possibly by punch blade) are by a leftie are on the right side of his neck. Who would have such a weapon? Well, anyone could buy one, but a policeman/tough guy would be someone likely to have such a weapon and know how to use it most effectively. Now consider for a moment, Sean's photo of the two men he says threatened him the morning after the crime. Both were tough guys and friends with each other. One is a local cop. The cop has not been DNA tested and can't be a suspect because he's a cop. Connect the dots.

upon further reflection, the murderer with a weapon like that could have been right handed if he attacked from the David's rear. That would fit my scenario (mentioned in an earlier post) of David first being diverted by a friend of the rapist, and then going to the aid of Hanna and possibly being attacked from the back while doing so.

blade.jpg

Your scenario is an insult to common sense. I hope the families of the victims will not have access to these outrageous fantasies.
we can exchange on a serious subject like this without trying to recover or seek to denigrate those who do not share your opinion.
For me the two Burmese are probably guilty because the evidence that the accused are too heavy. But like you I do not have all the elements that would allow a final opinion (only 99%). So I watch the developments in this case by not proclaiming fanciful screenwriters.
Edited by Hisseho
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, local officials in Surat Thani said yesterday that tourists were returning to Koh Tao resort island in droves after the alleged culprits in the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were arrested.

Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.

"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said.

Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatrapoot said the arrest of the suspects had helped restore confidence among prospective tourists to Koh Tao.

Not one bit of regret offered to the families of the victims, but hey the tourists are coming back so all is good in la la land so lets get back to scamming...thumbsup.gif

They are just disgusting, the lot of them.

" Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island ... "

And of course this is the most important in this case. The money - machine may work again and the fat Thais there can be fatter year by year.

DISGUSTING

Dodgy looking date stamp

Even if the timestamp is authentic, a speedboat organised immediately from koh tao could most likely get to koh samui in time to board the 0615 flight to bangkok which gets in at 0745am. Or perhaps even the 0600 service which gets into bangkok at 0705.

So perhaps its authenticity does not have so much weight considering this.?

does anyone know how long it takes for a speedboat to travel between koh tao and koh samui?

Distance from Tao to Samui is roughly 90km, so 90km/h would make to be equivalent of 48knots (nautical miles per hour). Most speedboats have cruising speed somewhere around 50 knots, so you'd be there in less than an hour - with only the cruising speed...

Many speedboats do 85-90knots (160-190km/h) when you floor it over calm seas, which would over halve the time needed.

After a long investigation from a trust source these members are

on the payroll of the authorities:

JohnThailandJohn,soumanioco,Hisseheo,SICHONSTEVE,balo,Tanlic

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

If this allegation can be substantiated, and I had my suspicions as raised in my previous posts, I would suggest that the 'authorities' are concerned that their cover-up is going to be exposed. Yet another thread is unravelling, good.
I had asked JohnThailandJohn twice in posts on this thread if he was somehow connected to the Headman's family members and/or Thai authorities and (no surprise) he didn't answer, although he's thrown out a bunch of questions in his posts.

When someone continues to post ad nauseum, drivel that copies the cops' declarations word for word (including the alibi of the Headman's son), then suspicions rise. Particularly when the police themselves are tampering with evidence, and changing crime scenarios faster than a bunch of little boys caught raiding the cookie factory.

I honestly feel embarrassed for you as you don't even seem to understand how bizarre your post is. I will write it off to some people really have taken an emotional investment in this case and taking longer than others to come back down to reality.

This in on the same lines as our englishoak, who believes my humorous reply to a poster that I have a shop that sells mobile phones.and old curiosities on the Island, or perhaps their next theory is that you and I are Russian spies or working for the CIA.

And these are the geniuses that think they have this case solved, these Sherlocks who have collated all the evidence together.and are going to convince the FCO that the Thai authorities have the wrong guys. I think they should write a fiction novel, a reverse of a who done it, a who didn`t do it with every single Thai on the Island and a few Brits thrown in just to make this more interesting as their primary suspects.

• Like 2

The depth of fraud and corruption is HUGE. There should have been hand/finger prints on the murder weapons as well, but they were altered. DNA test by an independat authority is the only hope of truth and closure.

DNA must be taken from independent foreign institution but this will never happend because the crime was on

LOS soil so there will be always a smelly stinky finger in the investigation.

My only hope is that the british authorities have saved the right DNA samples and it can compare with

samples from the burmese suspects but also with some undercover samples from other suspects....

• Like 2

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

You are right and I think they are involved too but normaly immigrants are lightly to do crime for many reason but rage killing is unlikely done by them and I think one person at least is missing out of the investigation that person able of rage killing

I think that's a Thai in close connection are the one in charge of this and the one with a rage it's very difficult to violent kill some one you don't know and it hardly happens it takes a special type of mind which is not consistent with instantaneous respons of a sexual need but consistent with a Thai who think he is special and are overturned in that believe publicly or even private and this is a motive for rage killing and for Thais it's likely that he will bring friends I think this person want to rape and kill and watch too

he find the tools to kill in some way don't mind the boy to much but the girl

he can control the immigrants and know he can use them in two ways he brings condom for himself and after take the boy out he starts the scenario

He is clever enough to plane some but loose the condom and are properly aware of the time to leave the island and use this knowledge to get out full aware of its not 100%but also use to work with the police and paid them off so the real deal is about cash not about crime investigation this can explaine the lack in the Thai police investigation nobody is this unprofessional in any police force any where but if you know the most why investigate

The lost condom containes the truth but official it is with no DNA but it will have some DNA but this is retirement with a bang for severel police officers and all condoms comes out of the pack with no DNA

In my experience this is close to what is going on but to prove this not easy and the emmigrants are guilty so case closed

And the media here are not free so I think someone got away with murder and he will do again if nothing change

Ok everybody!! Who wants to play detective?? Let's take a holiday to Kao Tao and frequent the AC bar!! All you need is a cigarette butt or a tissue,glass or many other objects that could be tested! Could be fun, but dangerous as well!!

• Like 1

The depth of fraud and corruption is HUGE. There should have been hand/finger prints on the murder weapons as well, but they were altered. DNA test by an independat authority is the only hope of truth and closure.

DNA must be taken from independent foreign institution but this will never happend because the crime was on

LOS soil so there will be always a smelly stinky finger in the investigation.

My only hope is that the british authorities have saved the right DNA samples and it can compare with

samples from the burmese suspects but also with some undercover samples from other suspects....

There will be a massive outcry if the UK hasn't done this. UK citizens wish for this crime to be solved and for those who did it face justice. Shame on the British Embassy and especially Ambassador Kent if they're not doing the right thing.

In a bid to clear up confusing reports related to a cell-phone believed linked to the case, Prachum said the iPhone that was retrieved from the suspects belonged to Miller.

"The cell-phone of Witheridge was returned to her family on September 18," Prachum said.

Some reports incorrectly said the cell-phone found near the suspects' living quarters belonged to Witheridge, one reason the scapegoat story had gained momentum.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-report-to-go-to-prosecutors-this-we-30244820.html

blade.jpg

There is also the possibility that David was held tight by a dog pack of several thugs while a tough guy whacked him several times with punch knife and then a few more times as he collapsed. David is supposed to have been involved in the altercation in the AC Bar referred to by McAnna which may have caused the locals to "lose face". Meanwhile others could have pinonned Hannah, so she couldn't move or cry out.

• Like 1

But wasn't David's phone found at the scene of the crime originally?

There is something that could be a phone in one of the photos but the resolution is too low to blow it enough to see exactly what it is.

post-193277-0-82320700-1412534315_thumb.

Edited by Dogmatix

There is something that could be a phone in one of the photos but the resolution is too low to blow it enough to see exactly what it is.

a phone was found early in the investigation...no clue who it belongs to

post-220854-0-70845900-1412534934_thumb.

post-220854-0-90966300-1412534936_thumb.

In a bid to clear up confusing reports related to a cell-phone believed linked to the case, Prachum said the iPhone that was retrieved from the suspects belonged to Miller.

"The cell-phone of Witheridge was returned to her family on September 18," Prachum said.

Some reports incorrectly said the cell-phone found near the suspects' living quarters belonged to Witheridge, one reason the scapegoat story had gained momentum.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-report-to-go-to-prosecutors-this-we-30244820.html

ok but thats today... the reports originally came from the police it was Hannahs....... so yet another contradiction in police statements... all very comforting.. not

The questions are rife due to the police and the way its all been handled, all youve proven by showing another contradiction is there is the need for a proper professional independent investigation.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Well if this is true it's good to have it cleared up. Shame it was posted up here by the specific person who posted it though. I feel a little nauseous. Almost as if by exposing all these inconsistencies and shouting about them, we could be showing the police exactly where their chaotic investigation needs firming up, whether it is true or not.

There's no way someone who is a mole for the police could be on social forums for exactly that purpose could there!?!?

No that would be far too theatrical.

Oh, hang on...

Let's hear it for a "proper professional independent investigation."

a phone was found early in the investigation...no clue who it belongs to

The guy in the picture with the police is christopher ware-david' best mate and travelling companion who was initially detained then released at bangkok airport.

ok but thats today... the reports originally came from the police it was Hannahs....... so yet another contradiction in police statements... all very comforting.. not

The questions are rife due to the police and the way its all been handled, all youve proven by showing another contradiction is there is the need for a proper professional independent investigation.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Well if this is true it's good to have it cleared up. Shame it was posted up here by the specific person who posted it though. I feel a little nauseous. Almost as if by exposing all these inconsistencies and shouting about them, we could be showing the police exactly where their chaotic investigation needs firming up, whether it is true or not.

There's no way someone who is a mole for the police could be on social forums for exactly that purpose could there!?!?

Oh, hang on...

crazy.gif Do you even see how more strange and embarrassing your paranoid conspiracy theories are getting as facts continue to show they are just unsupported BS pretending to be facts? Has it got to the point where now you need to make such outrageous conspiracy claims that nobody will even bother to address?

Heres an idea, stop being a bitter old man and blasting people that at least are prepared to do what they can to make sure justice is done. When you do nothing and you could have or worse just spit at people that are trying and doing it looks and sounds really pathetic and one sad personality

Maybe you just dont like seeing people trying to do something positive because you gave up trying in life or maybe you've always sucked up what the establishment has told you without question and cant think outside the box. Maybe you tried for a while and gave up, i dunno.

Its not your fault you ran out of positive energy, I pity you..

Dont worry I got someone to sign the petition on your behalf anyway thumbsup.gif

That is an extremely good point. I wonder how many other names have been entered into the petitions on other peoples behalf without their knowledge? And also how many names have been invented just to get the figures higher?

Those who created these petitions, did they first contact the victims families representatives to ask if the families approve? Has anyone considered that the families may not want this sort of attention and is disrespectful for people who are totally unrelated to take these matters into their own hands?

• Like 1

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Oh, hang on...

crazy.gif Do you even see how more strange and embarrassing your paranoid conspiracy theories are getting as facts continue to show they are just unsupported BS pretending to be facts? Has it got to the point where now you need to make such outrageous conspiracy claims that nobody will even bother to address?

My ego is not attached to my belief that asking questions and questioning received wisdom and the origin of sources of information is important.

I'm not embarassed if anything I question is debunked. Debunk it and then we're getting closer to the truth.

Your stock responses seem to be limited to 1.saying issues raised by many are "nonsense" and 2. Attempting to undermine a poster in the style of a playground bully.

Not effective on me btw.

Please can you tell me more about the edited video footage, showing the side of an unidentified figure a few metres ahead of the "running man" suspect. I would really like to be able to discount this concerning evidence which suggests someone else was present as the suspect was leaving the scene of the crime?

Thanks in advance John :)

• Like 1