Chinese men caught with fake credit cards

Lite Beer

Chinese men caught with fake credit cards
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested two Chinese men for using fake credit cards in Thailand.

Shang Liming, 30, and Wei Qinlei, 24, were arrested at Siam Paragon on Friday evening while they were trying to buy a Bt59,000 camera.

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) staff alerted police after discovering the credit card was a fake.

Tourist Police Division commander Maj-General Apichai Ti-amataya said following the arrest police searched the suspects' room at a nearby hotel and discovered 28 fake credit cards, one skimming device and many other tools.

"After entering Thailand on September 27, they used credit cards to buy many designer shoes and bags, gold, and more," he said.

Police said the damage bill for SCB alone was over Bt200,000 and other banks might be affected too.

The two suspects reportedly told police that they had planned to use the products themselves and claimed that this was the first time they had used fake credit cards.

Police are searching for their friend.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Chinese-men-caught-with-fake-credit-cards-30244783.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-05

"Police are searching for their friend."

You might find him on Kho Tao, if you're quick, and he is of Asian appearance. Might be worth taking some DNA off the 28 credit cards found, to identify the 3rd culprit.

I think they were stitched up and it was really the son of wealthy Thai who was using the fake cards. Unless Thailand allows for an independent investigation here by Chinese I will never believe this. Police are corrupt and controlled by these wealthy families. Why are they not searching the home of this wealthy Thai family??

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

I think they were stitched up and it was really the son of wealthy Thai who was using the fake cards. Unless Thailand allows for an independent investigation here by Chinese I will never believe this. Police are corrupt and controlled by these wealthy families. Why are they not searching the home of this wealthy Thai family??

Well, John.

Seems like you've ran out verbiage now reverting to semi-plaigarism from your long hard fight on the other soapbox arena's hahaha

Joke mate