Police chief urges officers to make people have faith in police again

Lite Beer

When law enforcement is not paid a decent living wage, they will be open to bribes and corruption.

Train them and pay them well if you want any improvement.

You get what you pay for.

Until them, bribes, beating those who refuse to give false testimony and other shenanigans will continue.

The recent investigation of the murder of the tourists is not the way to gain the faith of anyone who has their eyes open.

So you think that it is because they have too low salary they steel,extort and so on!? From what I heard,the higher up they are,with higher salary,the more corrupt they are! The illgotten money is transfered upwards,meaning what I just said. It is very naiv to think,that better salary would stop them from their illigal activities,"much wants more".

It's not a question of taking a little or a big bribe.

Either they are corrupt or they're not but there is no such thing like less or more corrupt.

Of course there is. The guy that accepts a free drink offered him every now and then can not be considered the same as the cop who runs the jet ski mafia scams on Patong Beach. One is clearly "more corrupt" than the other.

​Giving something away for free to some guy without expectations or obligations has nothing to do with corruption.
Yes, of course there are differences but it's not about more or less corrupt.
The only differentiation I can see, there is either morally acceptable corruption like buying candles for the churches

and temples for a better afterlife, allowing your kid's to spend an hour in front of the TV if or because they do/did

the washing up or homework, VIP cards to get preferential treatment, or the little free torch on a pack of batteries

in order to incite you to buy their brand, etc.... Yeah, I can morally justify those "bribes", never the less, doesn't matter

how morally acceptable I think that might be, it's still a bribe.

Not 10%, 20% or 50% bribes but JUST BRIBES.

Now If basic human rights, right of education, right of justice without social sexual, religious or racial discrimination

have to be bought and come at a price, if one shows the willingness to act dishonestly with clear expectations and

[maybe] obligations in return for favours, money or for personal gain, from my moral background, that's wrong.

Not 10%, 20% or 50% wrong but JUST WRONG.

Although something might, from my morals, be unacceptable - from the perspective of another person, culture, or moral

background, it might not be perceived as such. However, corruption is corruption, be it washing the dishes by the kids,

the price of a cup of coffee, paying little $$, big $$$$$$$, sexual favours or promises of fancy "after-lifes".

It's not 10%, 20% or 50% corruption but JUST CORRUPTION.

Shame only, my moral and cultural views about corruption are not necessarily shared by people or governments in

power who are the ones to decide what's acceptable, legal corruption and what's illegal, unacceptable corruption.

Edited by JoeLing

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JoeLing "Buying candles for churches and temples for a better afterlife" THAT I find utterly corrupt if anything!(By your defenision)To "do good" with the intent to get something back (better afterlife).It´s also stupid;you think that, if there is some kind of God,he would be so easily deceived by something like that,a very selfish action!? Your life must be hell,seeing corruption everywhere;in the shops,in the family and so on.Relax!

Edited by Bosse137

Give us the real murderers of the Kho Tao killings and then I will try my best to have faith in the Thai police.

Any chance of you revealing who they are? You seem so sure the two Burmese did not do it.

What do you know that the police don't know?

Did you do it?

That would allow you to be so sure of yourself and have all the inside info no body else knows.coffee1.gif

Now that we have that nonsense cleared up.

BANGKOK, 5 October 2014 (NNT) - Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol.Gen. Somyot Phumphanmuang has delivered his policy to high-ranking police officers, urging them to quickly create love among the people and improve the quality of life of their subordinates.

That would require a whole new way of recruiting and training. Also better pay.wai.gif

Better pay would help, but the training required to become a police officer is actually much more extensive than in the west.

Huh??? Where I come from (Northern Europe) a police officer has to undergo three years of training before he/she is let loose on the streets. Are you saying the training in Thailand is even close to that level?

Wow all quite again on the apologist front!

When this is all over and the RTP are exposed for what they really are, I will not be held responsible for the trolling of these same characters coming in to these forums defending these crooks tooth and nail. They have done nothing but try to wear us down and guess what it hasnt worked you bunch of tools.

You know who you are!

JoeLing "Buying candles for churches and temples for a better afterlife" THAT I find utterly corrupt if anything!(By your defenision)To "do good" with the intent to get something back (better afterlife).It´s also stupid;you think that, if there is some kind of God,he would be so easily deceived by something like that,a very selfish action!? Your life must be hell,seeing corruption everywhere;in the shops,in the family and so on.Relax!

Yeap. Corruption everywhere, human prerogative.

Just like using one's brain, human prerogative.

For some it's a problem, for others it's not giggle.gif

Off course, I'm relaxed.

My kid cleaned the table, did the dishes and even made me coffee,

and all for 2 extra hours TV, so why should I not be relaxed? coffee1.gif

Most of the International Police Community have a Motto such as "To Serve and Protect". Unfortunately, it's a well known fact that not all but a majority of the RTP are under their own Motto of "To Serve Oneself and Protect Each Other" While the Kingdom is under Martial Law, a clean sweep of the RTP needs to be done from top to bottom. Have units of the Combined Armed Forces do traffic, safety, patrol and other Police tasks. Rebuilding a revitalized National Police Force is like opening up a Lego set and it will take time. Piece by piece has to be joined together to make something sound, and in the end to be happy and proud of what's been accomplished. thumbsup.gif

Better pay would help, but the training required to become a police officer is actually much more extensive than in the west.

Huh??? Where I come from (Northern Europe) a police officer has to undergo three years of training before he/she is let loose on the streets. Are you saying the training in Thailand is even close to that level?

Yes. 4 years.

In the states a 2 or 4 year degree is favorable but for most departments not a prerequisite. Only a high school diploma or GED is required then an 18-21 week academy.