Media/broadcast jobs for English-speaking foreigners?

Hello,

I was wondering what the likelihood of a native English speaking foreigner landing a job in the news/broadcast industry of Thailand was?

I've graduated a Film & Video Production program and have several years work experience with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (our national news/broadcast channel) as a video editor/videographer, for both local and national broadcast.

Are there English-language channels that hire foreigners with broadcast training and experience? Is there any real demand, or is that reserved for locals who speak English?

Thanks for any input!

Edited by dannfld

Reckon you may have just flunked your audition with that sort of mistake.

Seriously, do you speak Thai, have you lived here or even visited Thailand? If not, you'd be far better off getting a gig in your home country and then maybe see if a Network there, is willing to send you to Thailand to work as a Foreign Correspondent.

Having said that, you never know what might happen if you send out a "show-reel" and a letter of application to the networks in Bangkok. Just make sure you proofread your application before posting it.

Best of luck!

There are opportunities if you can find a network to engage you as a correspondent perhaps paid by article etc. I do know of one person here in Phuket who works for a well known TV network in Australia but I'm not sure of his arrangement with them. He has a media visa along with a work permit and is in his second year now. I believe he also works on a local radio station occasionally. No harm in trying so good luck.