Koh Tao murder report to go to prosecutors this week: police

webfact

So it appears its just one big conspiracy...The PM and every official in the Thai police , Thai military, Thai government and even the UK ambassador to Thailand ( who is privy to information we are not able to see or hear ) are all in on it....seriously..

You don't think that some of these lower ranking officials would love the chance to bring down a so called " mafia family " given half the chance...

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However, tourists are just taking photos and uploading them on social media. All it takes is one photo pinpointing him to that location at ANY POINT within that window

I agree with you, but as he claimed he was not on the island that weekend there is a much wider time frame and not limited to AC. There was a football match - the crowd and or players shots could also be interesting, if any Thai sleuths are out there that is where I would start.

What about the phone at the crime scene next to David's shorts who did that belong to ?

David's shorts were not at the scene regardless of what they tell you.

David wouldn't have fit those trousers and they are indeed the wrong style and colour

The phone at the scene was advised to be David s early on and was confirmed by Chris Ware to be such

More red herrings. More to come.

I think you are wrong on both of those counts

I don't want to waste time looking for the correct links but I read it on CSI and A D

Edited by HughJass

So you were at the investigation scene, since you are so evry well aware that they found said phone within 1 minute ?

Do you really think that if the family had Davids phone since day one, as you claim, that they won't step forward now to deny the claims.

Or would you suggest that they are not following the case very close?

David's phone was photographed as part of the evidence found on the beach. There was a link showing two pictures of it clearly in one of these threads recently. I would say it was kept as evidence.

A phone looking exactly the same as David's was pulled from the bushes a few days ago. I saw it featured on a news clip in a plastic bag, but I do not have time to go searching for links.

And David's parents don't read the same news articles as you and just accept it ?

Or maybe they are just above your idiotic conspiracy theories.

Are you disputing photographic evidence ?

So you were at the investigation scene, since you are so evry well aware that they found said phone within 1 minute ?

Do you really think that if the family had Davids phone since day one, as you claim, that they won't step forward now to deny the claims.

Or would you suggest that they are not following the case very close?

David's phone was photographed as part of the evidence found on the beach. There was a link showing two pictures of it clearly in one of these threads recently. I would say it was kept as evidence.

A phone looking exactly the same as David's was pulled from the bushes a few days ago. I saw it featured on a news clip in a plastic bag, but I do not have time to go searching for links.

And David's parents don't read the same news articles as you and just accept it ?

Or maybe they are just above your idiotic conspiracy theories.

Are you disputing photographic evidence ?

Are you saying that the victims parents are participating in the cover up ?

I don't think any of us can claim to know what their families are thinking/reading at the moment, but given that they've had such a tragedy I think it's unlikely they'll be adding to their grief by trawling through all the updates and news reports every minute of the day. And if they do speak up, it would proabably be a while before we hear of it any way

I don't think any of us can claim to know what their families are thinking/reading at the moment, but given that they've had such a tragedy I think it's unlikely they'll be adding to their grief by trawling through all the updates and news reports every minute of the day. And if they do speak up, it would proabably be a while before we hear of it any way

For sure I pray that they are not aware of and reading all the crap on this forum, but I'm very confident that they are updated of every FACT as it happens.

• Like 1

The picture is quite clear to me......Thailand is done as a tourist destination or a home to expats...the people are corrupted by money and dis-like foreigners with a passion now....the government and police are beyond corrupt and self serving....its a mafia state basically.

Asia is opening up quick...Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam so on and so on.....its endless. Not perfect...I agree.....but it has to be better than getting murdered and the authorities not giving a damn.

Many new and interesting places to visit without the endless scams, the hate of the people and the threat of violence condoned by the authorities.

Its over Thailand.....bye bye

• Like 2

The picture is quite clear to me......Thailand is done as a tourist destination or a home to expats...the people are corrupted by money and dis-like foreigners with a passion now....the government and police are beyond corrupt and self serving....its a mafia state basically.

Asia is opening up quick...Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam so on and so on.....its endless. Not perfect...I agree.....but it has to be better than getting murdered and the authorities not giving a damn.

Many new and interesting places to visit without the endless scams, the hate of the people and the threat of violence condoned by the authorities.

Its over Thailand.....bye bye

I'm sure you're the man, not sure though if you've ever been to Thailand, but f.y.i. there are Cambodia and Myanmar sub forums on Thaivisa.

Maybe you should try to read though them, especially the news sections, before you make such comments again.

• Like 1

Ya with all the news going around about torture, hot boiling water etc. they'd better hurry up and have trial, and sentence them, harder to revoke that mess, instead of having an outside investigation before hand.

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realise that the OP is not about a trial, don't you ?

Edited by Anthony5

It's all over boys.

The police even though they made a few gaffs have done an excellent job despite all the bad press and at sometimes hysterical statements made on this thread.

Quite frankly some of you need professional help back in your home countries because you clearly suffer from delusions of grandeur of being some type of crack detectives .

The sad part about all those nasty thread you guys have written is that you honestly believe yourselves and you rants.

The case is being wrapped up now and these guys are guilty and a job well done to all concerned in bringing these scumbags to justice.

Anybody who thinks this was a "job well done" needs help in my opinion.

In fact, the reason things happen like this overt and over again in Thailand, with no improvement decade after decade in technique, is because they feel this was a "job well done".

There is more harm in your opinion than you know. Things are not done well here, they should strive for better.

Edited by meand
  • Like 2

Some reports incorrectly said the cell-phone found near the suspects' living quarters belonged to Witheridge, one reason the scapegoat story had gained momentum.

These 'incorrect' reports are direct quotations of police statements are they not?

They are. As usual police are caught out so throw another red herring.

David's phone was found at the crime scene. Confirmed by his friend Chris Ware.

Correct. Hannah's phone was given to police by a friend. John's phone was found at the crime scene. Now for a fact the police have changed the story that it was Hannah's phone they found near the Burmese's apartment to a statement that it was Johns. How can it be either?

I sometimes think the police read this forum and see the proof put up that the friend of Hannah's gave the phone to police after the police said they found it near the apartment and then have to change their story.

This is a real stumbling block for me. If the police in fact can match the DNA found in Hannah to the suspect's DNA (in less than 24 hours,) why do they even need a story about finding the phone near the suspects' apartment? DNA is checkmate.

I'm still a deep skeptic.

• Like 1

here is the pic of the phone found in the bushes

where are the pics of the phone found at the crime scene?

From what I have read in the Bangkok Post "Koh Tao murders: Still no arrests no DNA matches" (the learning section, 18 sept, afternoon update) The police found the I phone in Davids luggage. The police sent the phone to Bangkok to test a long blond hair found snagged on the phone.

• Like 2

Some reports incorrectly said the cell-phone found near the suspects' living quarters belonged to Witheridge, one reason the scapegoat story had gained momentum.

These 'incorrect' reports are direct quotations of police statements are they not?

They are. As usual police are caught out so throw another red herring.

David's phone was found at the crime scene. Confirmed by his friend Chris Ware.

When did Chris confirm David's phone was at the crime scene or are you just making this up to suit yourself?

From what I have read in the Bangkok Post "Koh Tao murders: Still no arrests no DNA matches" (the learning section, 18 sept, afternoon update) The police found the I phone in Davids luggage. The police sent the phone to Bangkok to test a long blond hair found snagged on the phone.

But according to the conspiracy theorist community of Thaivisa, they must all of sudden have forgotten that they publicly announced that on 18 September.clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

another phone it gets more and more suspicous everyday

But according to the conspiracy theorist community of Thaivisa, they must all of sudden have forgotten that they publicly announced that on 18 September.clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Was it not today apparently a reporting error, the police confirmed the phone found at the suspects residence was not Hannas but was Davids I phone?

In a bid to clear up confusing reports related to a cell-phone believed linked to the case, Prachum said the iPhone that was retrieved from the suspects belonged to Miller.

"The cell-phone of Witheridge was returned to her family on September 18," Prachum said.

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

So it appears its just one big conspiracy...The PM and every official in the Thai police , Thai military, Thai government and even the UK ambassador to Thailand ( who is privy to information we are not able to see or hear ) are all in on it....seriously..

You don't think that some of these lower ranking officials would love the chance to bring down a so called " mafia family " given half the chance...

Think about what you saying - "low ranking officials" "bring down thai mafia" so the high ranking ones cant do it but lets pass the job to the low ranking ones. clap2.gif

Most Thai people know what to do if their family member is accused of serious crime!

Are these the same honorable police running the extortion racket as reported on TV just a few days ago?

The local police were replaced in the investigation at the point the son became a suspect.

While it is deplorable, their involvement in this horrific crime seemingly ends with a simple extortion racket. Added to the rest of their 'petty' scams, it is short of big time crime.

Exposing a cover up where foreigners are killed by foreigners would be (career) suicide. Would not expect a break in ranks there.

Was it not today apparently a reporting error, the police confirmed the phone found at the suspects residence was not Hannas but was Davids I phone?

You must be aware that police not post on social media nor write the articles in the written media by themselves.

Could it therefor be possible that some times incorrect news is reported in those media ?

If we were to brush aside all the theories for a moment and just ask, do people have a reason for doubting the integrity of the Police?

• Like 1

how do you explain that David's phone being at the crime scene and also found in the bushes ? where was the correct phone found ?