Arriving Or Leaving After Midnight- Correct Date Stamp

Hi I usually am scheduled to arrive just minutes after midnight, the plane usually arrives after midnight but sometimes lands minutes before, and I am usually face to face with the immigration officer after midnight. tHEY USUALLY WANT TO STAMP ME IN AS HAVING COME IN THE PREVIOUS CALendar day and whatever I try to say after 28 hours on an airplane does not convince them>

what should I say to get them to move their stamp to the current day?

Also, does bkk airport still allow one day overstay without a fine (if it makes any difference will be seeing them before midnigh twhen still no overstay, but plane takes off at the one day overstay point in the calendar)

thanks

retarded (slow) ryan

Hi I usually am scheduled to arrive just minutes after midnight, the plane usually arrives after midnight but sometimes lands minutes before, and I am usually face to face with the immigration officer after midnight. tHEY USUALLY WANT TO STAMP ME IN AS HAVING COME IN THE PREVIOUS CALendar day and whatever I try to say after 28 hours on an airplane does not convince them>

what should I say to get them to move their stamp to the current day?

Also, does bkk airport still allow one day overstay without a fine (if it makes any difference will be seeing them before midnigh twhen still no overstay, but plane takes off at the one day overstay point in the calendar)

thanks

retarded (slow) ryan

I read somewhere (on immigration's website IIRC) that, on departure, it is the date on which the flight actually leaves that is used to decide whether overstay is due, not on when you actually see the immigration man :o

By the same 'logic' they will use the day on which your flight lands as your arrival day rather than when you meet the immigration man.

AFAIK, the first day of overstay is still 'free' at DM (you still get the stamp though).

I've no actual experience as I don't believe in cutting things this fine, why not get a visa, then no problem :D

AFAIK, the first day of overstay is still 'free' at DM (you still get the stamp though).

There are now clear signs at Don Mueang airport immigration desks stating that the first day of an overstay is not charged, but charges for the second day onwards have been increased to 1000 baht per day

thanks

retarded (slow) ryan

My last experience was, that the officer mad a notice over the stamp.

In Thai script it means: delay; extend a limit (1 day).

In my case was:

ADMITTED

UNTIL 9. OCT.

...and was going inside 10. OCT after midnight only one hour later at 1 am.

post-28552-1153622344.jpg

name='rak sa_ngop' date='2006-07-23 09:46:32' post='821280']

There are now clear signs at Don Mueang airport immigration desks stating that the first day of an overstay is not charged, but charges for the second day onwards have been increased to 1000 baht per day

Can you confirm that is 1,000 baht (per day) and when it was posted? The fine has been increased from 200 to 500 baht per day per the latest information we have seen. So day 2 would be 1,000 baht (2 days).

name='rak sa_ngop' date='2006-07-23 09:46:32' post='821280']

Can you confirm that is 1,000 baht (per day) and when it was posted? The fine has been increased from 200 to 500 baht per day per the latest information we have seen. So day 2 would be 1,000 baht (2 days).

Over stay at any departure point, as I understand it, is now 500 baht/day

Will a 7 year old child be charged for overstaying?My Thai/Aussie sister-in-law arrived using her Aussie passport.Will be leavins soon with an overstay of 3 days.Accept she will have to pay for overstay,wondering about her son.

She was told by Aussie travel agent she could stay for 35 days without a visa,so decided to stay for 33 days when booking flights.

Will a 7 year old child be charged for overstaying?My Thai/Aussie sister-in-law arrived using her Aussie passport.Will be leavins soon with an overstay of 3 days.Accept she will have to pay for overstay,wondering about her son.

She was told by Aussie travel agent she could stay for 35 days without a visa,so decided to stay for 33 days when booking flights.

I have no idea what the travel agent was thinking as 35 day visa free entry it not true for any nationality (and probably no country in the world). She is allowed the same as any other OZ visitor if using that passport to enter (and that would be 30 days). She is going to be overstay and owe 1,500 baht. The child will also be marked overstay but there will not be any fine.

My guess is the travel agent said it was a 35 day ticket. ie price point for up to 35 days of travel. It is unusual to get the visa conditions wrong to a major destination.

For example the travel agent should warn Aussies that they need $25US to enter Indonesia at Bali, they will not accept any orth currency. (and there is a death penalty of drugs there :o )