Need a Yellow fever shot for work in W. Africa

EnhancePlus

Hi - I need to get vaccinated for yellow fever for a job in Cameroon. Anybody know of an affordable clinic or hospital to get this shot. Also, I need to do a medical exam. It's a basic one - vision, bmi, bp and pulmonary checks. If anyone knows of an affordable place near Wattana I can get this it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi - I need to get vaccinated for yellow fever for a job in Cameroon. Anybody know of an affordable clinic or hospital to get this shot. Also, I need to do a medical exam. It's a basic one - vision, bmi, bp and pulmonary checks. If anyone knows of an affordable place near Wattana I can get this it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Alot of airports will have them for 500baht.

Keep in mind you need to have it 10 days prior to entering a yellow fever country... Or it is at least preferred to.

I know for sure that they offer yellow fever vaccination at Suvarnabhumi airport - I did a tour of the airport and had a long discussion with the clinic staff about a month ago (was part of a tropical medicine class). Sorry, can't remember the cost.

Some less common vaccinations you might want to consider are meningococcal (Cameroon is in the meningitis belt) and rabies.

For a trip like that, I'd recommend a visit to a travel medicine clinic.

Thai Red Cross in Silom has the yellow fever vaccination.

Beware. A person i know got fleeced for 1500usd yesterday in Lagos as they would not accept a "Thai Red Cross" Silom stamp on the yellow fever book claiming that it is not a hospital and only meant for blood donation. But another chap with him was accepted as he had a vaccination book stamped by some govt health center in khlong toey.

Along with yellow fever you will need cholera, typhoid, tetanus, hep A and others. I've worked in West Africa many times, hard to remember all the vaccinations required. But your yellow book with yellow fever vaccination stamp will need to be seen by immigrtion. Anti malaria medicine is something you will need too, and put on some mosquito repellent before you leave the plane, the airport is full of mosquitos. Enjoy Cameroon, it aint so bad, for West Africa.