Newborn drowns after distraught mother jumps into Bangkok canal

webfact

Newborn drowns after distraught mother jumps into Bangkok canal
By Coconuts Bangkok

bungnamrak.bridge.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A newborn baby died after her mother jumped into a canal in northeastern Bangkok yesterday following a fight with her husband.

Witnesses said they saw a 23-year-old woman crying as she started across a Pathum Thani bridge holding a baby boy when she suddenly jumped into the water below, still holding the 2-week-old baby .

Locals rushed to aid the woman, but when they pulled her from the water, the baby’s body could not be found. Police arrived to find the mother and 31-year-old father in tears by the water.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/06/newborn-drowns-after-distraught-mother-jumps-bangkok-canal

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-06

A very sad story. Post partum depression, however is a real thing. It is a pity that more people do not recognize the signs and seek help before disaster occurs.

Good lord...... you read what I was about to post - postpartum depression.

However, in Thailand, nobody is depressed or has psychological breakdowns of course. Such couldn't happen to a Thai. :(

• Like 1

A very sad story. Post partum depression, however is a real thing. It is a pity that more people do not recognize the signs and seek help before disaster occurs.

However, in Thailand, nobody is depressed or has psychological breakdowns of course. Such couldn't happen to a Thai. :(

As well a sex education thailand has no education for new parents on how to deal with PPD. It is a shame too. My wife had this with our 1st baby. Luckily she didn't go to the deep end (no pun intended) and do something bad to herself or the baby.

Instead i was there to explain the feelings she was having.

Thailand really needs to start focusing on educating their people about themselves and their sex and stop turning a blind eye on the problems to save face or because of culture

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Too sad. My wife had PPD too. We spoke a lot and she cried a lot too. Luckily she returned to work and slowly regained stability through that. Very tough for all involved. More understanding needed on a global level.

• Like 2

However, in Thailand, nobody is depressed or has psychological breakdowns of course. Such couldn't happen to a Thai. sad.png

Probably why there is a huge lack of mental health care here! So sad, and something that needs addressed..Come on General make it part of national happiness program! Mental health care for all who need it!

Who knows what cause the fight between her husband? a phone call from a nestle sales rep telling her mothers milk wont be good enough? and she must take the free supplies ..then pay up when her boobies stop lactating!

• Like 1

However, in Thailand, nobody is depressed or has psychological breakdowns of course. Such couldn't happen to a Thai. sad.png

Probably why there is a huge lack of mental health care here! So sad, and something that needs addressed..Come on General make it part of national happiness program! Mental health care for all who need it!

Who knows what cause the fight between her husband? a phone call from a nestle sales rep telling her mothers milk wont be good enough? and she must take the free supplies ..then pay up when her boobies stop lactating!

"..and she must take the free supplies ..then pay up when her boobies stop lactating! "

Tasteless!