what up with Thai ghetto culture in schools?

Several posts with profanity have been deleted. It's not allowed on the open forum.

This is the education forum, not the music forum. It's about a type of music with lyrics which may not be appropriate for children.

Stay on-topic, please.

I agree with you completely. However, considering that you're paying tuition, did you make any attempt to "educate" that schools Director (who probably has a Doctoral degree, in whatever, but cannot speak a work of English in 2014)), or are you just complaining about it, on this forum?

thanks everyone for your input. It's been over a week now so I'm going to let this slide as it was at a summer school different from the one my daughter attends during the school term.

Perhaps other parents had similiar experiences or not. In anycase I didn't want the topic to be about the music, but more about what is appropriate at school and also how out of touch Thais themselves are with foreign culture. We often hear about foreigners out of touch with thai culture and even some thais themselves complain how western culture is influencing their country.

I agree that gangsta rap is inappropriate to be played over a school PA.

I personally don't really like it, but HipHop is most definitely music, and an artform all of it's own.....

This will be a lot more palatable for you older guys. It's social commentary, not bling glorification.

Edited by MilesofSmiles