Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats

Lite Beer

As stated before, there is a thin line between Conspiracy theories and 'critical thinking'.

I used to follow CSI LA's page in the beginning, and I'm still checking in from time to time. Not because I believe this LA based guy has it all figured out, but because it's interesting to see people's reactions.

A fanpage came up recently for the guy they suspect, I prefer to not mention any names, why? - Well that's the whole reason I begun to take less interest in anything CSI LA had to say from the beginning. It quickly turned into a 'Us against You' fight. Partly against the BiB but mostly against one guy.

Now this guy may have a profile that should be investigated more, I'm not trying to say he is innocent, but no one should claim he is a murderer without sufficient proof. Even-though he has refused DNA test that does not automatically make him a criminal killer. And the way CSI LA handle this is like a children. The admin is in no way better than the BiB when it comes to prejudgement and statements about people before having all the facts.

Ok, one should have the right to be skeptic. But recently it started to really go in a retarded direction, having actions the same style that anonymous would do (but way less efficient..) making all people go and rate all businesses connected to this one guys family to oblivion. And again, people may have perfectly good reasons for saying this/these places are shady, but without any personal involvement or knowledge from the actual scene and just acting a keyboard hero, well, I find it pathetic...

And this is where it really becomes stupid. Now there is a petition regarding if they should all leave this guys fan page alone or all go and report it to facebook. I mean come on! This 'fan page' has about 150 followers. CSI LA has 300k.. Why would they even care?

Why are people jumping in and reporting the page? What is inappropriate in it?

People run over there telling the admin to go hang himself or similar, what did the admin do? Try to give support to his friend? Is that something that should be reported as abuse? If so the CSI LA should be reported as well..

What I believe is irrelevant to this post. But I don't think the case should be closed and I don't see two cold killers in the two Burmese boys. But I could be wrong.

It would be nice to see all the question-marks being cleared up and to see that they either got the right guys or that they are in the wrong.

But whichever is the case, I find it kind of sad when thousands of people jump on one guy, a guy who's alibi may not be intact, but still there is not enough to call him a murderer and handing out death-threats.

I really wished that this one time things would be different, and reason and logic would be the leader of these skeptic thinkers. But instead it ended up a hate and blame game driven by the force of emotions like anger and hate (if you can read Thai that will be very obvious after only reading a few comments. Most of the Brits and other westerners comments are no better, nor the Burmese).

just sad really...

Edited by banglassie
  • Like 2

Nice post banglassie. What social media lacks is journalistic integrity - it took a long, long time to get news media to the point where people could rely on papers, radio and eventually television for accurate, unbiased reporting.

Along came two things, both hell-bent on removing all accountability and any semblance of integrity.

Firstly, the internet is giving everyone a say but the loonies are the ones embracing it most - it gives a platform to the ones you would ignore if they were sitting next to you in a bar, or anywhere in some cases.

The second - Rupert Murdoch, naturally.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What a joke! Representative's of the police threatening people for having an opinion.

Is this a communism or democracy?

Grow up. The RTP have a the emotional mentality of a 6 ur old girl.

That's an insult to 6 year old girls.

And a touch sexist too.

Edited by catsanddogs