Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats

Lite Beer

The previous related thread here from some hours ago: 'Police addresses criticism over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects'.

The most recent thread: 'Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats'.

Allow me to relativate these, outside of the frame of this horrible double murder, and gang rape.

The older thread sounds like the kind of 'faux semblant' one could, at the best, become here f.i. from an educated front desk manager wanting to cut short with the embarassment you create for him by voicing a, valid, complaint about your last meal.

The latest thread sounds more like how the chef would react when later confronted with the presence of a pluck of hair in the tom yam and a big dirty nail in the massaman gai.

So typically Thai, ...but not even remotely close to what both of them think, for real, and said, about you. The better so the Thai language is very difficult to learn well, allowing the truth of that to be kept from most of us! So many facets of the, IMO wrongly praised, 'Thainess' makes me desperately sad about what the future is going to bring to this country, was it only because it is as if the Thais don't have a clue, or are in denial, about what is coming...

My special thoughts go to a great man, with vision and authority, who gave more than sixty years of his life already to this country and its people, and who is at this time, I hope, recovering from an important surgical intervention, nobody is respected more than him here, but did they, do they, do what he, time after time, year after year, wisely advised them to?

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!! alt=w00t.gif>

Just thought that was worth reposting.

So when all else fails...........use threats and fear..... Try it and see what happens on social media.

It is a social media used to say any thing you want with no evidence to back you up.

To be blunt about it a media to share bar room stories and theories on with out having to face the audience.

Unlucky Its called freedom of speech and critical thinking,and btw the same experts and police and officials and all manner of professionals use social media just like the rest.

How wrong you are and right too,local newspapers or news media is no different or RTP interviews that turn out to be BS or even official whitehouse statements for that matter, ie weapons of mass destruction, credibility is sometimes absent in all.

Social media is as bad and also no worse. It is BS to try to claim everything on social media is a lie any more than claiming governments always tell the truth.

If you think muzzling social media is a good idea why dont you just delete your account here now ?

One of the biggest factors in starting the Arab spring was social media.

Do not under estimate the power social media has to rally the people together, do not go down the same path Thailand, people do not like being silenced and will find a way to express there views.

• Like 2

Face saving will hold Thailand back forever.

Another thing: The cigarette found was an LM one. One of the more expensive brands in Thailand. Usually, Burmese migrants (and many Thai smokers) will buy the cheaper brands for half the price or the rolling tobacco for next to nothing.

Sure, they coulda bought LM's, but it's pretty rare to see Burmese migrants pay for those.

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

Is CSI LA going to end up on the extradition wanted list like Rose the Thai hairdresser in Ealing with a squeaky voice? I hope he has a US passport. If not, he should get on a plane to Montenegro with a suitcase full of Franklins immediately.

Hey General, I am not sure if the penny has dropped yet, but you and your cohorts are making complete asses of yourselves in the international arena.There is no substitute for a good upbringing and true education, that is, if you are from a first world country. Intelligence, intellect and commonsense cannot be bought, it is inherited.

Not one single bit of what you write that could be of any interest to a Thai police general, alas! What you think, me Thai man, this my country, the Thais they know, etc., etc.

This should be a case of when a kid asks people to stop teasing him, that the other kids should actually go at him full pelt.

The coppers can't take criticism? Tough. Man up and take it until you deserve not to.

Don't know what planet you are on. But here in Thailand planet earth the BIB have been taking criticism for years. They strike out once and all the crybabies who know nothing come out.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gifclap2.gif

Who do trust the BiBs more in your idea, the Farangs and tourists, or, the Thais? A hint for you: 'Thais don't do that'... LOL

If the police wants to convince us they are not using scapegoats there's only one way to do it: let a foreign police force check the case.

If they would be the finest police force in the world, nobody would question them.

The reputation they have is the result of what they have shown to the Thai people in the last 50 years.

They should blame themselves in stead of trying to shut-up everyone asking for justice.

And now back to 500B/month per illegal immigrant....

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

Will we ever hear of a motive for their evil crimes?

Here is the scenario:

David Miller and Hannah ended up in a major bar controlled and owned by a local thug mafia.

(who own many businesses on the island.)

Miller got into an altercation with one of these <deleted> while protecting Hanna’s honor.

These <deleted> took great offense to this.

A pack of <deleted> found them and took out their revenge.

They pummeled him and drowned him as they raped this woman.

The spineless, cowardly residents of the island have not the stones to expose these <deleted>. wai2.gif wai.gif

thumbsup.gif

Just add the <deleted> were under influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and your sketch would be complete. Maybe add as footnote you didn't delete words like Myanmar, Burmese, foreign

<deleted> Thai Police, full of s...t. One more reason not to let the case down. Keep it up, fight for Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller

Over 32,000 people already signed and growing.

I suggest that they arrest all 32000.

• Like 2

Starting to see Thailand in a different light since this case

Not that I feel in imminent danger, but def a feeling of insecurity if something would happen. Life is cheap, you cannot trust the police, as we've seen in around a dozen high profile cases involving foreigners over the last 10 yrs or so. I can only think of 2 cases where there was actually some justice.

Edited by fish fingers
  • Like 1

Do not under estimate the power social media has to rally the people together, do not go down the same path Thailand, people do not like being silenced and will find a way to express there views.

I am a big supporter of freedom of speech, but what is missing in many people is self control. The ability to think before you type. Make no mistake I am guilty as any.

For example, there are two reasons I would not make comments like yours.

Firstly, the Arab Spring is now sprung, and all it seems to have left in it's wake is chaos and disorder. Kinda like they threw the baby out with the bathwater?

Secondly, under the current circumstances discussing revolution is only going to add to their ammunition that posters are here to undermine their authority and spread dissent. Neither is true, but if there is enough sway they could block sites using (very soon to be amended) computer crime laws. Why make it easy for them...

So, I am not trying to suppress you, or even take issue with you - I am merely stating a missing feature of social media is decorum.

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

Here is the scenario:

David Miller and Hannah ended up in a major bar controlled and owned by a local thug mafia.

Miller got into an altercation with one of these <deleted> while protecting Hanna’s honor.

The spineless, cowardly residents of the island have not the stones to expose these <deleted>. wai2.gif wai.gif

thumbsup.gif

Just add the <deleted> were under influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and your sketch would be complete. Maybe add as footnote you didn't delete words like Myanmar, Burmese, foreign

"Maybe add as footnote you didn't delete words like Myanmar, Burmese, foreign"

Most certainly did not. wink.png

But, my adjectives seemed to upset the mods when I posted this at the beginning and they deleted me...

thumbsup.gif

I am a big supporter of freedom of speech, but what is missing in many people is self control. The ability to think before you type. Make no mistake I am guilty as any.

Firstly, the Arab Spring is now sprung, and all it seems to have left in it's wake is chaos and disorder. Kinda like they threw the baby out with the bathwater?

Secondly, under the current circumstances discussing revolution is only going to add to their ammunition that posters are here to undermine their authority and spread dissent. Neither is true, but if there is enough sway they could block sites using (very soon to be amended) computer crime laws. Why make it easy for them...

So, I am not trying to suppress you, or even take issue with you - I am merely stating a missing feature of social media is decorum.

I

I think you mis understood me, I was just stating the fact that Social Media is an extremely powerful medium nowadays.

I was just saying do not try to control the masses when there is doubts about there conduct already.

The Arab Spring was just an example.

"The Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police has verified that the investigation of Koh Tao murders is completely transparent, and anybody accusing the police of arresting scapegoats could be charged with insulting officials"

Joseph Heller would be proud of that particular piece of reasoning.

Makes his catch 22 seem like child's play.

And that Catch-22 was a pretty good catch! (The best in some estimations!)

I

I think you mis understood me, I was just stating the fact that Social Media is an extremely powerful medium nowadays.

I was just saying do not try to control the masses when there is doubts about there conduct already.

No worries, it's late. I understand and share your passion, just don't think talking about it is a good idea. No problem with any of your posts - not that I am anyone to judge tongue.png

And just to be clear, ALL of the incompetent, arrogant, idiots, involved in this cover up "investigation", be they in the police or the military, or just offering their public commendations for a job well done, are to consider themselfs defaced, insulted, and held in the lowest regard by me personally. I have seen nothing in this "investigation" to stir my "civic pride".

• Like 1

I

No worries, it's late. I understand and share your passion, just don't think talking about it is a good idea. No problem with any of your posts - not that I am anyone to judge tongue.png

The difference is that the Arabs don't want and will never accept peace.

The Thais on the other hand seem to now realize the world is getting smaller, you can no longer just pick up two random kids off the street and hang them.

As I have said before the cops know who killed the Brits, they know who they are and where they are...

The world is getting smaller General, We don't care if your police force is sad we don't respect them.

Just do as you say.. sort this OUT.

• Like 1

Apparently Irrawady Magazine is reporting in its Burmese edition online that some one from the Burmese Embassy managed to visit the two suspects in the Samui court prison with a lawyer. The magazine claims that the visitors found that the two suspects were green with bruises from police beatings and said they had been forced to confess to the murders. It also claims that the suspects had been injected with something like a date rape drug which made them highly malleable and suggestible. The magazine said the visitors found them to be still dopey from these injections.

What a scurrilous report! I trust the RTP will take the necessary action to ban the magazine and charge its journalists and publishers for insulting police officials and causing confusion amongst the public including four million Burmese workers in Thailand who read it. If the embassy is really found to be involved, breaking off of diplomatic relations should be considered.

I did think when they did the re-enactment that they looked drugged- similar to the tigers Thai zoos

And as a guitarist i can tell you that the small one had never handled a guitar before in his life..

Here is the scenario:

Miller got into an altercation with one of these <deleted> while protecting Hannas honor.

The spineless, cowardly residents of the island have not the stones to expose these <deleted>. wai2.gif

wai.gif

thumbsup.gif

why kill Hannah though ? .. wasnt rape enough?

Here is the scenario:

Miller got into an altercation with one of these <deleted> while protecting Hannas honor.

thumbsup.gif

Killed Hanna because she witnessed who raped her and killed David?

Here is the scenario:

thumbsup.gif

Killed Hanna because she witnessed who raped her and killed David?

It was dark and I don't mean to cause offence but most Thias look very similar to us Westerns.. But i guess they werent thinking that

The way the whole case was handled is wrong.

Communication from top guys,communication from other agencies, investigations, DNA tests, bonus offered, etc.

Adding insult to injury, now threats against people.

How sad it is sad.png

Here is the scenario:

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Fab5BKK

Apparently Irrawady Magazine is reporting in its Burmese edition online that some one from the Burmese Embassy managed to visit the two suspects in the Samui court prison with a lawyer. The magazine claims that the visitors found that the two suspects were green with bruises from police beatings and said they had been forced to confess to the murders. It also claims that the suspects had been injected with something like a date rape drug which made them highly malleable and suggestible. The magazine said the visitors found them to be still dopey from these injections.

If only it can be confirmed, it would be a major development. Just missing UK to step in and we are on the way for a major embarrassment and lose of face for the Royal Thai Police. Well deserved RTP!

Go go go, keep it up!!!

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller

35,000 people signed and growing...

Will RTP charge us all? What a bunch of clowns, pathetic.

• Like 1

What am I missing ? Have police caught all of the killers ???

No.

You will find the police have caught none of the killers. How long before they get it ?

Sorry my mistake the police did catch the killers, you know the rest of it.