EBay and Mail Delivery - What's Best? What's Reliable?

lolex

Hi,

My Mate's just settled in the outer suburbs of Chiang Mai... and I'll be following later.

I buy a lot of stuff from the internet. Mainly EBay, but also iHerb and other places.

I searched the Forum but didn't find a good answer to my question: What's Best annd What's Reliable for mail service for incoming deliveries.

I guess that options would include: Thai Postal Service to the home address, Thai Post Office Box, EMS Courier type services and I think that there are commercial organisations offerring some kind of PO Box arragement.

Your thoughts, experience and suggestions will be valued.

Thanks !

If you are posting from the US use USPS Priority or Express. Send to your home address they will leave a collection slip for you to pick up at the Post Office.

EMS is available in some of the US and other Countries and is good. Never ship using a service without online tracking.

Unfortunately every package gets scrutinized now and full taxes are applied now even if you declare a low rate and declare as gift.

You cannot ship liquids without a major hassle also herbs would be a problem too. Things like that have to have a Thai Standards code explaining what it is.

The happy days of shopping overseas are over.

The postal services are the way to go, anything sent using courier services(dhl etc) charge custom fees at their own rates and on everything. I buy herbs etc from Australia(herbies, cant get what I want here) that come here fine as do most of the items I buy including ebay/alibaba, it can be a bit hit and miss I suppose but bigger items can cause problems