How to value 1 Rei Farm Land in Thailand?

4jasmin

How long is a piece of string ? It depends on where you are, the approx to a Big City, if the road leading to the land is concrete or just dirt etc etc and most importantly how greedy the seller is.

Price can be from 20.000 THB per Rai up to 1.5 Million ++

If you can build there, you first need to talk to your local Village Chief and Obotor.

Edited by MJCM

I'd try the farming sub-forum.

In Khon Kaen for example - 20km from the centre not near a main road is about 100k/rai.

5km from centre near a main road is about 10 million/rai.

Somewhere like rural Sakhon Nakhon or Roi Et you might get some for 20k/rai

thank you very much for your postings to my thread

without Road Access, it will be nearly impossible to manage this Land and further look for

Constructing a Farmhouse there ( for my Needs )

About Utilities:

as I got told, once you have made a basic Construction there, one can apply for Electricity and maybe also Water

how much would be the average income on 1 Rei Farmland in Thailand?

Edited by 4jasmin

without Road Access, it will be nearly impossible to manage this Land and further look for

About Utilities:

as I got told, once you have made a basic Construction there, one can apply for Electricity and maybe also Water

I don't know but do know that with 1 rai, one could be nearly self-sufficient. have only half that and get plenty things to eat including flowers, mangoes, pappaya, bananas, tomatoes, peppers and all sorts of herbs and spices.

• Like 2

about 5-10 rai is need to live a complete subsistence existence but 1 rai with a house could give you a nice family garden and a small crop of something.

As for Price it also depends on the title. If you have a chanote you can build a house on it, but sonporkor cannot build certain things.

I wouldn't pay more than 100,000 baht if it was paddy fields because you would need to spend a lot to raise the level up to build a house. However most farmers aren't going to sell you only one rai for that price. Usually they come in 10-20 rai plots. I found a great deal once for 10k baht a rai but had to buy 50 rai and it only had the sanporkor title and would have taken a fortune and a lifetime to get it switched.

After construction of house/other needs, wall, etc about the only ''near'' self sufficient existance may be for a family of rabbits. if you stagger your crops and spend a lot of time weeding, watering. spraying, etc.I wii let someone else address the income question, I am branding gerbils as we have had rustlers reported in the area.

About Utilities:

I don't know but do know that with 1 rai, one could be nearly self-sufficient. have only half that and get plenty things to eat including flowers, mangoes, pappaya, bananas, tomatoes, peppers and all sorts of herbs and spices.

I have 1 Rai in Bangkok on a clean waterway with established large trees and grow lots of fruit ,herbs, vegs and a pond with fish with a small house and was offered by land and house 5.5 mil and no road frontage.

I get 11,000bht/year rental for 5 rai of rice paddy.
That's reasonable.

My landlady rents out 15 rai for Bht 35,000.a year.

Basically its the same as any commodity,its worth what people will pay for the privilege of ownership.

• Like 1

your question is mind boggling ....

Land pricing varies all over Thailand like any other country. Does the land have good road frontage ? Is the land flood free ?

The local government land office will tell you the value in specific areas.

A house can be built on farmland as long as it's built up with fill and properly compacted. :-)

Like everything else it worth whatever someone agrees to pay for it.Don't expect to earn much from it,unless you come up with something that the rest of us haven't thought of.Most small farmers subsist at best.Its mostly a life style choice that some hanker for.Be prepared for long hours and hard work for small returns.

land values in issan and the like is not that difficult. its worth very little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell that to someone selling land and see how far that gets you!

There are a lot of 'sellers' out there with well overpriced land,but you won't get them to come down much if at all.

And don't let them smell a foreigner when your doing negotiations. Get a Thai to talk money for this.

I was offered 2 Rai building land on the outskirts of Sawang Daen Din for about £5k just 6 years ago. That's as close as i got to values up country.

Edited by englishinsiam
  • Like 1

I get 11,000bht/year rental for 5 rai of rice paddy.

what a waste of time for a foreigner. give it to a thai!

There are many Thais richer than me, and you probably. What a stupid thing to say.

My ex landlady sold 1 rai of land for 100 million. My buddy bought a few rai for 10k each,

Big difference between Sathorn Road and Sakhon Nakhon.

Edited by Neeranam

We rent farmland from the government at 700 baht/rai/year, currently planted with sugar cane It has no road frontage, no electric power (closest electric pole is over 2km away), no water and cannot build a house on it.

We have another piece of land, 13 rai, that we purchased at the electric pole, the last ,pole on the line, that is 2km form the other land. It has village water and electric from PEA and is on a dirt and gravel road. We paid about 7000 baht/rai for it 16 years ago.

The land is worth what the market will bear and currently the price is up and in some cases ridiculous!

• Like 2

How long is a piece of string ? It depends on where you are, the approx to a Big City, if the road leading to the land is concrete or just dirt etc etc and most importantly how greedy the seller is.

Price can be from 20.000 THB per Rai up to 1.5 Million ++

If you can build there, you first need to talk to your local Village Chief and Obotor.

To add to this. How desperate the seller is. Also has anyone mebtioned land title?

• Like 1