Nepal bus crash kills 29 people and injures dozens

webfact

Nepal bus crash kills 29 people and injures dozens

(BBC) An overloaded bus in western Nepal has fallen off a road and plunged into a gorge, killing 29 and injuring dozens.

Most of the passengers in the bus were reportedly travelling to meet their families to celebrate the Hindu festival of Dashain.

Police said the bus had more than 100 people, far more than what it was supposed to carry.

Officials said rescue operations were hampered by rain, according to the AFP news agency.

They are also attempting to find a passenger list, but the holiday season usually sees bus drivers picking up travellers without registering them.

The bus was travelling from Jogbuda to Dhangadi in the Doti district about 800km west of Kathmandu when the accident occurred.

Local and wire reports said it veered off a hilly road and fell at least 200m (656ft) into a gorge.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29516958

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-07

Tragic accident no doubt. Sincere condolence to the Family members of the deceased.

Nepali roads are the worst of its kind.

So you never visited Africa, India or any other poor countries then... I can name at least 20 countries I have been in that have roads a hell of a lot worse then Nepal.

Tragic accident no doubt. Sincere condolence to the Family members of the deceased.

So you never visited Africa, India or any other poor countries then... I can name at least 20 countries I have been in that have roads a hell of a lot worse then Nepal.

It doesn't matter where you have been, or what you have seen or what you have experienced in life, you only have to mention it and within seconds someone will have seen or experienced the same thing or similar but far worse or far better

We live in one.