Soi 3

Aland

Yes. I used to be a member some years ago. Quite pricey but the equipment was good. Left there and went to Dusit Thani hotel which was about the same price but had a better atmosphere. Was a member there for 12 years but packed it in at 20,000 baht a year.

Living on the dark side, and given Pattaya traffic, it's just too far to go for some exercise. can walk round the lake for free.

However, if you don't mind paying a premium rate - as opposed to, say, Tony's- which is awful - then the Soi 2 or Dusit are pretty good. Because the are fitness centres for top hotels they have to keep them in good order with pleasant staff.

One thing I will miss at Dusit is seeing all the LPGA girls in there during the competition. biggrin.png

Yes. I used to be a member some years ago. Quite pricey but the equipment was good. Left there and went to Dusit Thani hotel which was about the same price but had a better atmosphere. Was a member there for 12 years but packed it in at 20,000 baht a year.

Living on the dark side, and given Pattaya traffic, it's just too far to go for some exercise. can walk round the lake for free.

However, if you don't mind paying a premium rate - as opposed to, say, Tony's- which is awful - then the Soi 2 or Dusit are pretty good. Because the are fitness centres for top hotels they have to keep them in good order with pleasant staff.

One thing I will miss at Dusit is seeing all the LPGA girls in there during the competition. biggrin.png

What is the current price at the Dusit Thani? 20k is cheap for a hotel gym. Fitz Club (Royal Cliff) charges 35k. Centara Grand charges around 30k and the Marriot is also over 30k (and old).

To OP: The gym you refer to on Soi 3 Beach Road is at the A1 Resort. I had a look in there a couple of years ago after California Wow closed down (July 2012) and didn't like at all. It's was a very basic gym and way overpriced for what was on offer. Unless it has improved since then I wouldn't bother.