Did i just withdraw fake monry from an official bank ATM?

so i did withdraw 25'000 from the main bangkok bank building in mukdahan. im now in laos and noticed that 1 out of 25 papers is different. here are some picturespost-207411-14126927317555_thumb.jpgpost-207411-14126927471942_thumb.jpgpost-207411-14126927661745_thumb.jpg

normally it should have this wide silver strip on the side. and i guess im out of luck if its really the case and try to complain to the bank.

I got a 500 note as change that I didn't recognize from a gas station last week. Out of fear of being in possession a fake 500 baht note went into a 7/11 to use it. It was duly accepted.

And don't think you have got a fake when you have one of the fairly new 500 Baht notes:

500-16_%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8

A popular topic in other forums too rolleyes.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I got a 500 note as change that I didn't recognize from a gas station last week. Out of fear of being in possession a fake 500 baht note went into a 7/11 to use it. It was duly accepted.

Was your fear of being in possession of a fake 500 Baht note less than the fear of the consequences of being caught attempting to pass a fake note (if it had been fake) in a 711

• Like 1

And 7-eleven clerks are renowned experts in detecting fake notes.

And 7-eleven clerks are renowned experts in detecting fake notes.

I think they are taught to check out fake notes, I've seen them hold big bills like 500 baht and 1000 baht up to the light to see if there is the hologram, one of the easiest ways to check and hardest things to fake by amateurs.