Entering Thailand With Infants

Thanks Charma, that's what I had thought until I read some of the airline websites which say that in some countries extra documentation may be required. Funny how I immediately thought of Thailand !

To complicate matters, my Thai wife will be travelling alone with our son, she has an Irish passport and my son, born in UK, a UK passport. Can anyone see any complications arising there??

And finally, if anyone has any advice on getting a 3 month old baby to pose for passport photos it woud be much appreciated !!

Many thanks

Dubstar

To complicate matters, my Thai wife will be travelling alone with our son, she has an Irish passport and my son, born in UK, a UK passport. Can anyone see any complications arising there??
If the airline is happy to check your wife and child in without formal consent of the other parent, there will be no problem but presumably you will see your wife and kid off at the airport and can give that consent in the very unlikely event that it should be requested.

Thailand certainly has no issue with a child travelling with a single parent.

There is this web site about travel with kids.

---------------

Maestro

My (former infant) son's first passport-photo is of a dribbling beaming baby-face, supported by a couple of giant fatherly hands, taken in a standard photo-booth. But I gather that UK passport-photo criteria have recently been tightened ?

And after 5 years, you'll need to get a new passport, as they don't issue 10-year-validity ones, to children under 16.

If your wife has dual nationality (a Thai passport) she may as well take that as the passport queues for Thais are always a lot shorter than the foreigners ones!

For the photo, we took our daughter (3 months at the time) to a photographic shop that had a kind of cot underneath the camera - easy!

We've been down that road before! (Check out my old posts) My wife's not at all happy with the "passport switch" idea and as she never spends more than 3 weeks there, prefers to use her Irish passport.

As for the photo, it's definitely a shop. Can't wait !!

But I gather that UK passport-photo criteria have recently been tightened ?

See Passport photos

Best to go to a shop that is used to doing these new photo's. I had to get mine done twice. I went to the Fuji shop in the department store opposite the UK embassy. The store is on the ground floor. They appear to know what the Embassy now requires