Baby On The Way

N47HAN

6 mnth to go yet ... so early but advice to ensure dual citizenship greatfully accepted...

Where to go ,when , need to advise Embassy? etc.etc.

PS. I'm from Old Blighty

thanks in advance

6 mnth to go yet ... so early but advice to ensure dual citizenship greatfully accepted...

PS. I'm from Old Blighty

thanks in advance

Need more info this could be difficult.. thanks for the info on the car import!! your problem maybe bigger than mine :o

PS. I'm from Old Blighty

thanks in advance

Need more info this could be difficult.. thanks for the info on the car import!! your problem maybe bigger than mine :o

:D what info would help m8?

i have a work permit , weve been together 2 yrs , recently married , im from Uk , shes from Nakhonpathom (bkk)

what else ? ty

If you are legally married to her then UK citizenship is automatically granted to your baby, (if you hold a UK passport and not 'other than by descent')

You don't have to do anything in a hurry. When the baby is born, you will get the hospital papers which you take to the Tessaban of the amphur where you live, (not where the hospital is). My son was born in Phuket International Hospital, but we live at Nai Yang. So we got the Thai birth certificate from Thalang office. (You need to register the birth within 15 days).

For the UK registration, you can visit the embassy at your leisure. Just take your passport, kids birth certificate, your marriage certificate etc. (The info is all on the embassy website)

My son was born 2 months ago, but I'll visit the embassy in BKK in a few eeks time.

Simon

I heard if dispute happens, you can't take the baby out of thailand according to law, if your child

don't have foreign citizenship, because baby is belong to thai mother with foreign husband always

So per my assumption:

1- first get your baby foreign cictizenship

2- baby can have thai citizenship anytime, because mother is thai (you don't have to mention

anything related to foreign citizenship as this might cause problems

Please correct me if i'm wrong, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
So per my assumption:

2- baby can have thai citizenship anytime, because mother is thai (you don't have to mention

Under Thailand’s Nationality law, the baby gets Thais citizenship at birth. Therefore, you cannot get foreign citizenship for the baby first, unless the foreign government grants citizenship to an unborn child.

Getting one passport before getting the other is a different matter and you are free to choose the sequence, but I doubt that it matters one way or another.

--------------

Maestro

So per my assumption:

Under Thailand’s Nationality law, the baby gets Thais citizenship at birth. Therefore, you cannot get foreign citizenship for the baby first, unless the foreign government grants citizenship to an unborn child.

Getting one passport before getting the other is a different matter and you are free to choose the sequence, but I doubt that it matters one way or another.

--------------

Maestro

even if mother is foreigner? somthing like in US

• 4 weeks later...

According to Nationality Act 2508 B.E. a child will get Thai nationality if

1. Born of Thai father whether in the Kingdom or not

2. Born of a Thai mother with no father claims or father holds no nationality

3. a child born in the Kingdom is granted Thai nationality automatically.

But those 3 above with except of those child whose both father and mother are foreign nationals.

The sequence of passport will not effect the child ability to travel abroad, nor does his nationality. And the child can have dual citizenship up until he/ she turns 20. Then the child will have to choose what nationality he/ she will be.

Hi

Your application will be straight forward as you have already married. Nothing to worry about. Go to the 1st Floor UK Embassy i found them very helpfull.

Register the birth & apply for the passport.

Dont forget to translate your child birth cert along with your wifes docs.

All the info u need is on the Embassy website.

:o

Hi

Your application will be straight forward as you have already married. Nothing to worry about. Go to the 1st Floor UK Embassy i found them very helpfull.

Register the birth & apply for the passport.

Dont forget to translate your child birth cert along with your wifes docs.

All the info u need is on the Embassy website.

:o

thx guys