Renewed IS push amid US warning

webfact

Kobane: New IS push amid US warning on air strikes

(BBC) Islamic State fighters have renewed their advance in the Syrian border town of Kobane, as the US warned that air strikes alone could not save it.

A Kurdish leader in Kobane told Reuters news agency IS militants had entered parts of the city amid heavy fighting.

The US military said its latest strikes had destroyed IS positions, but that Kobane "could be taken" by the group.

Seizing the town would give the IS jihadists full control of a long stretch of the Syrian-Turkish border.

The US also appeared to be at odds with allies over a Turkish idea to create a buffer zone or safe haven along the border.

Three weeks of fighting over Kobane has cost the lives of 400 people, and forced more than 160,000 Syrians to flee across the border to Turkey.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29546714

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-09

Following is directly related to the OP.

Washington rejects Ankara’s conditions for joining anti-ISIS operations. Turkey’s involvement in the fight against ISIS would be conditional upon ground troops being deployed in Syria, the enforcement of a no-fly zone over Syrian territory near the Turkish border, and the creation of a safe zone inside Syria.

http://www.aawsat.net/2014/10/article55337324

Plus PKK forces fighting IS in the area are a designated terrorist organisation by US & Turkey. Think there is now around 1.1 million Syrian & Iraqi refugees in Turkey, that must be a threat to security & destabalising.

Edited by simple1

Well the Muslim countries say they don't want ISIS to reach their goals, but where is the support??????

I guarantee not a single Islamic country will support the anti-ISIS coalition and as a result possibly millions of muslims will die while everyone from the muslim world will point fingers at the western coalition.

I say pull out until there is tangible support from the muslim states.

You won't get it...... as simple as that.

Well the Muslim countries say they don't want ISIS to reach their goals, but where is the support??????

I guarantee not a single Islamic country will support the anti-ISIS coalition and as a result possibly millions of muslims will die while everyone from the muslim world will point fingers at the western coalition.

I say pull out until there is tangible support from the muslim states.

You won't get it...... as simple as that.

Muslim country members of the military coalition are Iraq, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Jordan. Turkey and signed up, but has set conditions prior to miltary action. Iran has ground forces engaged, but US has refused to include them as a formal member.

Perhaps it is time to re-view my previous comments re: World vs ISIS -

1) "With friends like this USA needs no enemies"

2) "Using rockets, air-raids, drones etc. to pick them one by one in the desert or a town is INEFFECTIVE"

3) "It took USA about 10 years and $400 Bn to get an old sick man off a dialysis machine"

4) "Russia could and would be a better choice of an ally in this job"

5) "How do you tell a 'good Muslim' from a 'bad one' in the field? crossing your own border?"

Or should I use the old saying like "I told you so"?