Father-in-law's drunk.....again!

Madvac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a raving alcoholic with mental health issues by the sounds off it

If no one is giving him money were is the alcohol coming from ?

He will be getting it on credit and your family will be paying it back without your knowledge

Or behind your back whatever way you want to see it

I would be carefull around him ...that last bit comes from experience by the way

• Like 1

At least is sounds like he just traumatizes himself......but - I'd keep my eyes open and alert.....there could be a "snap" time.....but maybe just a gentle lost soul....not sure the motorbike riding is a good thing but you'd never get it from him.....

Edited by pgrahmm

He will be getting it on credit and your family will be paying it back without your knowledge

I would be carefull around him ...that last bit comes from experience by the way

Didn't really look at it that way. Thanks for the information.

Yeah, she tells me he's been like that for a long time.

In my wife's village there are two, men, who drink from dawn to dusk, and beyond. They been doing it for years.

They talk to themselves and argue, total alcoholics, just a couple of brain cells left hanging on for dear life!! How they mange to stay alive I just don't know. Smoke like chimlies, don't know if there is a background of mental health. I do tend to stay clear of them as they can get, a little excited, sometimes, don't fancy getting into a situation with them, but most of the time they just wave and laugth at the silly farang in the village

and dont upset him by refusing a lift on the bike.

My MIL seems to attract many Thai male alkies around her business, probably because she is stuck in the past and every other business kicks them out. It seems there is another one of their funerals every other month. All through organ failure.

I expect you will be at his in the near future.

And yes it's almost certain you are paying for it if you support your wife financially.

• Like 2

Alcoholism is a disease that affects family members, friends, as well as the alcoholic himself.

Doubtful if he will change. I've seen a few Thais get sober through AA and one from becoming a Christian. But he has to want it. Good luck.

• Like 1

Alcoholism is a disease that affects family members, friends, as well as the alcoholic himself.

Doubtful if he will change. I've seen a few Thais get sober through AA and one from becoming a Christian. But he has to want it. Good luck.

"...get sober through...becoming a Christian."

You're joking, aren't you?

Now maybe if he became a Muslim...

"...get sober through...becoming a Christian."

You're joking, aren't you?

Now maybe if he became a Muslim...

Not joking. Some missionaries out in the village. Their brand of religion requires no drinking.

Get him a blow up " Pink Elephant " for when he next wakes up - then tell him the elephant has been thinking about him a lot - especially when the elephant gets drunk and emotional !

At least with a new mate he wont need to keep talking and arguing with himself !

• Like 2

I have watched the wifes brothers and friends do this for ten years, all day and all night, over the past two years they are starting to drop dead, about six of the team so far, its sad, the government should seriously ban the sale of Lao Cao throughout Thailand but especially rural Issan, it is poison.

• Like 2

"He occasionally gets on his scooter, an old 2 stroke, sits there revving it up for a few minutes, then disappears. He returns soon thereafter more impaired than when he left."

That would be him going off to the small Bamboo Thai Whiskey bar to recharge and maybe buy another bottle of that rocket fuel (Thuay Talai').

That explains a lot, that stuff is looney juice.

Edited by thai20144