Renewing work permit and changing schools

I am employing a new teacher as from 27th Oct. He has a work permit from another school and his work permit and visa expire on the 31st Oct. He is a Fillipino. I think he may need at least 10 days on his documents to renew, but otherwise if my school does all the paperwork can he just go and get a extension to his work permit and an extension of stay on his existing non b visa. The reason i ask is that some people are telling me he needs to go out of the country to get a new Non b visa as he is changing schools. Thoughts and advice please.

His existing work permit would need to be canceled before a new one can be issued.

A recent change to the rules allow for immigration to do an extension of stay with a work permit application approval letter. If you could get that before his current extension expires he should be able to apply for a new extension then as soon as the existing work permit has been canceled the work permit could be issued.

His existing work permit would need to be canceled before a new one can be issued.

A recent change to the rules allow for immigration to do an extension of stay with a work permit application approval letter. If you could get that before his current extension expires he should be able to apply for a new extension then as soon as the existing work permit has been canceled the work permit could be issued.

Ok thankyou for your advice Ubonjoe, can i just go over some points again for your advice. So 1. He would cancel his existing work permit at the labour office? Does this involve any letters from the school to cancel? 2. Would he then apply for a new work permit at the same time with appropriate letters from the school? or does he have to wait? 3. What is the work permit approval letter? Is this something from labour office.

Advice please thankyou for your time.

His new work permit could be applied before his existing work permit is canceled.

The work permit application approval letter would be done by the same office where the work permit is applied for.

He can cancel his work permit or his existing employer can do it by submitting this form. http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/wp_cancellation.pdf

It would be best to apply for the new work permit first and get the approval letter.

Then cancel the work permit. Then with a letter from his existing employer stating the date his job ends cancel his existing extension and apply for the new extension. Then get the work permit issued.