Where to get a good hamburger in chiang mai?

cmcom

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get to BisB too often but was there a week or so ago

I have never had their burger & thought to try one.

When it came I was initially not sure about it as it did not look

too enticing & yes would be nice if cheese was melted etc.

Also burger which you cannot see was very cooked .....wink.png

But you know when I ate it I was quite happy with it.

Tasted good, had good flavor etc....+ the potato wedges are good as was the coleslaw

even though I am not really a coleslaw person it tasted quite good

Overall size of the meal was perfect for me not too much not too little

post-82547-0-25224300-1414158537_thumb.j

There is a new place called Brotherhood ( I think) on Morakot road, Santitham. 89 baht for a burger and fries. I am no burger expert but i think they are very nice for the price. Far better than Boat, not as good as White Plate.

Morakot road was literally the worst place for restaurants i could imagine before; the yoga place which was nice closed ages ago. Then there was a ridiculously disgusting Indian restaurant, an awful steak house with inedible meat and a horrible sauce,and a farang owned place which made the mistake of making a big menu of crappy frozen foods. Thankfully i think all these have closed and there seems to be at least one new restaurant on the way.

How are the burgers at Dukes?

Best in town for sure.

Yummy pizza does good Aussie style burgers.

Hoping Carl's Jr does come to CM, top notch indeed.

Off topic i know but if anyones ever in Silom / Bkk try 25 degrees (at the front of the Pullman Hotel), heard it said (also I've said it) that it's possibly the best burger in Asia, if not the known universe.

I dont get to BisB too often but was there a week or so ago

I have never had their burger & thought to try one.

When it came I was initially not sure about it as it did not look

too enticing & yes would be nice if cheese was melted etc.

Also burger which you cannot see was very cooked .....wink.png

But you know when I ate it I was quite happy with it.

Tasted good, had good flavor etc....+ the potato wedges are good as was the coleslaw

even though I am not really a coleslaw person it tasted quite good

Overall size of the meal was perfect for me not too much not too little

attachicon.gif2014-10-10 14.48.56.jpg

Butter is Better does do one of the best burgers in town, IMO, as well as their 100 beef hotdogs which even would be good back home.

• Like 1

(trying very hard to resist commenting on a burger thread... but...fail...)

Another thumbs up for the burger at Butter is Better. Chips and cole slaw are great and the burger is well-prepared and the perfect size. I just don't like these gargantuan burgers that some places offer. Even at Dukes I won't order his specialty burgers because they are just too big (for my appetite). I order his smaller one (used to called the 99 but I think they are about 120 Bt now) and they are great. As for White Plate, those were some of the tastiest and most interesting burgers that I ever had in Asia (mango on a burger? turned out it was <deleted> fantastic). But in my view a problem there was that the buns were too big. This caused the crucial bun-to-meat ratio to be not optimal.

100% right on the bun/meat ration. i thought that the mango would be a bit strange, but it nicely worked out like a sweet relish. just returned from a month in the states and most everyday was on a quest for the perfect burger.

Well I told everyone here a few months ago very clearly. If one thinks they can do whatever they want here with ZERO respect regarding working without a work permit and so on. The guy at the white plate learned the hard way. That's the real reason number 1 and besides he never had a chance to begin with.

How do you know he didn't sell the place to the next owner/group of people who were running the restaurant for the last several months before it closed?

How do you know if the Kiwi had a WP or not???

He doesn't. Its funny the amount of garbage that gets posted in here by people they think they know something.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

(trying very hard to resist commenting on a burger thread... but...fail...)

Another thumbs up for the burger at Butter is Better. Chips and cole slaw are great and the burger is well-prepared and the perfect size. I just don't like these gargantuan burgers that some places offer. Even at Dukes I won't order his specialty burgers because they are just too big (for my appetite). I order his smaller one (used to called the 99 but I think they are about 120 Bt now) and they are great. As for White Plate, those were some of the tastiest and most interesting burgers that I ever had in Asia (mango on a burger? turned out it was <deleted> fantastic). But in my view a problem there was that the buns were too big. This caused the crucial bun-to-meat ratio to be not optimal.

100% right on the bun/meat ration. i thought that the mango would be a bit strange, but it nicely worked out like a sweet relish. just returned from a month in the states and most everyday was on a quest for the perfect burger.

The main problem with White Plates burgers were though they were hand formed they were not packed tightly enough so they fell apart when eating, getting the perfect temp right was difficult and also the vital juices leaked out before biting into them. Basically it was a mess to eat which takes away from the point of a correct sandwich, a food that is designed to eaten with one's hands.