Where to get a good hamburger in chiang mai?

cmcom

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smoked, charcoal grilled burger at 3 Little Pigs is excellent. Dukes is always good; especially Joe's Famous burger! The White Plate or whatever it's called now is good but the business hours make it difficult to just drop in without some planning ahead which I don't like.

The burgers at the White Plate are the best I have had anywhere in SEA in 25 years.

UG.... Is that near the Piston Shop? Going to have to give that try.

Yes coming from Moat side go past Piston Shop then straight at the next stop light...About 100 yards or so after the light watch for the JJ Market/Rimping sign on left

Lots of folks get confused because JJ market is on both sides of that road.

Different sectors I guess

Edited by mania

I'm told that Sahara does a decent burger. It's opposite Warm Up pub/disco.

Way down Nimmen Soi 5, close to the Palm Springs building site, is a cheap burger joint. Forget the name. Not recommended.

A place called Hamburg is suppose to open in what was Think Park, but maybe those plans have been abandoned.

In the basement of Maya Mall, the restaurant within the Rim Ping grocery store does a pretty nice teriyaki burger.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that Beer Republic on Nimmen Soi 11 does a decent burger as well. One long block off of Nimmen. At least I like it, but I put lots of mustard on my burgers. My British friend thought that the meat wasn't seasoned enough. They are no longer opening all day. Now they open around 4 PM I think.

Edited by JulieM

The burgers at the White Plate are the best I have had anywhere in SEA in 25 years.

sounds like a winner

They changed their name to 4 Corners Grill, for some reason.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d4413399-Reviews-The_White_Plate_Cafe-Chiang_Mai.html

Had to look them up. Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/4cornersgrill

Google Map

I forgot to mention that Beer Republic on Nimmen Soi 11 does a decent burger as well. One long block off of Nimmen. At least I like it, but I put lots of mustard on my burgers. My British friend thought that the meat wasn't seasoned enough.

Since it's Nimmanhaemin Road, I assume it's not a cultural faux pas if I ask the waiter,"Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?"

• Like 2

Had to look them up. Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/4cornersgrill

Google Map

Good pictures on that page wink.png

But the comments from last two days sound like they have closed down?....again?

That was the only problem before was hours were odd like open at 1pm

& many days I would go & they were closed

But the 2 or 3 times I went in they were excellent.

sounds like a winner

They changed their name to 4 Corners Grill, for some reason.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d4413399-Reviews-The_White_Plate_Cafe-Chiang_Mai.html

Google Map

They are closed. All the furniture is gone. Which is unfortunate as I believe they had one of the best burgers in CM.

Rock me is a decent burger, just make sure to ask for the mayo on the side as they slather it on the bun, and the cooked temperatures are not right (ie. medium comes medium rare).

Dukes, not up to par with the rest of his food. Every time I have tried one it was way over cooked, dried out, and no seasoning.

Beer Republic burger was dry, but had a good seasoning when I had it. Need to go back and try one again.

Pern's restaurant has a good burger, always cooked properly and you can add blue cheese, just remember to ask them to take the processed cheese off.

I will always try a burger at least twice at a place as long as it is edible.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that Beer Republic on Nimmen Soi 11 does a decent burger as well. One long block off of Nimmen. At least I like it, but I put lots of mustard on my burgers. My British friend thought that the meat wasn't seasoned enough.

Since it's Nimmanhaemin Road, I assume it's not a cultural faux pas if I ask the waiter,"Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?"

• Like 1

They were mentioned in a previous post. I believe there was mention of the open hours not being uniform.

The City Life mentioned a hamburger on Halal street. I believe the name was the Orange café. Not sure it might have been Cheery. Didn't pay that much attention as I am sure they will be the only café with a fruit in the name and it is such a short street. It is the one the Muslim Mosque is on in the Night Bazaar.

A friend of mine will go there and get a burger when he is in town and take it out and eat it at one of the foot massage places while he is getting his feet massaged. I will have to give it a try.

Also there is a very good burger at Geckos. It is basic but I find the charcoal tasting meat very good You can add the condiments yourself. I like to keep it basic. meat cheese mustard and a bit of sauce on it. Not in the same class as the bigger burgers and neither is the price.

Does any one know if the White Plate is open now? It has changed it's name some one said then another poster said the furniture and every thing was gone.